New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    @hygcta I think I am going to order the gingerbread. It looks divine. I have not yet purchased from them, but have been wanting to for ages after seeing your posts LOL. I am a sucker for anything gingerbread flavor. Plus I think it would make for a nice breakfast or snack on christmas.

They posted on Facebook about having some Black Friday special, hopefully it's good! ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Yesterday also tried the Trutein Egg Nog. I put the powder in with some 1% milk & wasn't too impressed. It had a nice consistency when mixed, but I could hardly note an egg nog taste. If I want Egg Nog I'll just drink either Silk Nog or the regular egg nog.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    The Quest Sale really stinks this year, but the turkey is pretty cute.
    QN_WEB_THANKSGIVING_2016.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I think last year the best was on Cyber Monday.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited November 2016

Seriously!! I was thinking WTF kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal is that?? Thankfully, other stores that sell Quest bars are offeringing much better deals.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    neldabg wrote: »

Seriously!! I was thinking WTF kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal is that?? Thankfully, other stores that sell Quest bars are offeringing much better deals.
    Where? I was disappointed so far with GNC
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    besee_2000 wrote: »

Last year all stores had WAY better deal on cyber monday.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Last year all stores had WAY better deal on cyber monday.
    Let's hope its just because it isn't Monday yet. Maybe they still have something up their sleeves?
  • hgycta
    Yesterday also tried the Trutein Egg Nog. I put the powder in with some 1% milk & wasn't too impressed. It had a nice consistency when mixed, but I could hardly note an egg nog taste. If I want Egg Nog I'll just drink either Silk Nog or the regular egg nog.

That's unfortunate it was disappointing! I went to IHOP tonight and tried their eggnog pancakes and it was decent, but again, nothing impressive. Their peppermint pancakes still have my heart, those things were marvelous. What a shame Halo Top never released an eggnog flavored ice cream that would have been amazing!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2016

BubbaBurger2.png
    Tried these, had high hopes but yuck. They looked really good with whole pieces of veggies throughout. But... they had a really weird mushy/squishy texture even though i cooked extra long. I got the outside to crisp but the inside was just like.... mushed veggies and not in a good way. Almost tasted like mush veggie taco filling not burger like at alll. There was absolutely no burger taste or veggie "burger" taste to these. The taste was VERY bland, and could of used major seasoning like onion powder, garlic powder, etc. I liked the whole beans but the rest was just blah. Just like mushed veggies. Did not like at all and I LOVE veggies. 1/10 do not buyqoib0yxbt9qo.png
    k4ldoxy1pld1.png
  • CooCooPuff
    That looks like an awful meatloaf
  • hgycta
    edited November 2016
    I haven't tried any Flavor God's seasonings but I remember seeing some people here post about how much they enjoy using them. Just letting you all know they're having a sale it looks like 50% off their website! I noticed it on Facebook, hopefully we can all work together and make sure we don't miss great food sales!
    Lil Buff Bakery had a sale where if you bought one of their new bulk bags you get a free smaller pack, but I don't really think that was too good, as with the Quest, GNC, and Vitamin Shoppe "sales."
    I did, however, buy one of each cookie dough mix and a cake mix from Andrea's Protein Cakery since they have free shipping on orders over $30, but still, even that isn't too good I was just looking for an excuse to try it.
    Also, Shoprite emailed me and if you spend $100 on gift cards (I got $100 ebay but I probably should have done $50 ebay and $50 IHOP haha) you get $20 towards your next shopping trip valid next week (hello, free Halo Top!)
    Bonefish Grill is also offering $50 in bonus cards if you spend $50 on gift cards, but they come in the form of 5 $10 gift cards to use on different months.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    I was at World Market last weekend and saw bags of WM brand brine in a basket. No price, no specified animal use, no instructions, but the ingredients looked good. Apparently this product does not exist because I can't find a pic of it anywhere. The labeled turkey brine they sell seems to be basically the same thing.

I used 1c of brine in 1 gallon of water. I then put a 7.5lb turkey breast in the brine for 24 hours. I then took it out and dried the breast in the fridge for two days. Let me tell you, this was the absolute best turkey I have ever eaten. It was like the turkey had been injected with stuffing flavor through out. It was amazing. My husband couldn't stop picking at the carcass. And the flavor just seems to improve somehow over the days since.

I used a Mary's Free Range turkey breast and 10 of 10, would spend the money on that again. I think I paid $4.99 a lb? Worth it for holidays. I bought another for later cuz nom.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited November 2016
    Tried Halo Top Red Velvet last night. Pretty awesome. Has the chocolate chips I needed in the cookie dough flavor. This will stay on rotation after I've tried s'mores and almond crunch.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited November 2016
    https://www.heb.com/product-detail/un-momento-mexican-chocolate-ground-coffee/2044909

This tastes like alcohol, not Mexican chocolate. I was never too fond of their decaf, but had to try this flavor. Big mistake- this is the last bag of Un Momento coffee I'm wasting money on.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2016
    hgycta wrote: »
    I haven't tried any Flavor God's seasonings but I remember seeing some people here post about how much they enjoy using them. Just letting you all know they're having a sale it looks like 50% off their website! I noticed it on Facebook, hopefully we can all work together and make sure we don't miss great food sales!
    Lil Buff Bakery had a sale where if you bought one of their new bulk bags you get a free smaller pack, but I don't really think that was too good, as with the Quest, GNC, and Vitamin Shoppe "sales."
    I did, however, buy one of each cookie dough mix and a cake mix from Andrea's Protein Cakery since they have free shipping on orders over $30, but still, even that isn't too good I was just looking for an excuse to try it.
    Also, Shoprite emailed me and if you spend $100 on gift cards (I got $100 ebay but I probably should have done $50 ebay and $50 IHOP haha) you get $20 towards your next shopping trip valid next week (hello, free Halo Top!)
    Bonefish Grill is also offering $50 in bonus cards if you spend $50 on gift cards, but they come in the form of 5 $10 gift cards to use on different months.

Thanks for the heads up! I see the flavor god sale, but it is comparable to what they are always on amazon.(although a bit less!) I might look on ebay to see if I can ever find them cheap. I still cant justify 34 something dollars for 5(5oz) tiny things of spice or 17 dollars just to try ONE. (ebay I can find some for 8-13 a jar) I buy 16oz of my spices for 3-8 bucks......but I am so tempted to treat myself because this is the only time they will be marked down. I guess the biggest reason I don't want to buy them is then I will be HOOKED and I can't afford to spend so much in spices all the time LOL.

Too bad no shoprite by me or I would do that.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    I just have to give a big thank you to whoever told me to email Green Giant (I think it was @Noreenmarie1234 ) and ask for coupons. I got a bag of the Broccoli cheese veggie tots today for FREE. Saved $4.29. So, thanks! (Review to come when I eat them...)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Does anyone in here want some of the pre released to the public quest rocky road protein bars?

I'm not big on their chocolate based bars but had to buy the variety pack of the new flavors to get the blueberry muffin and oatmeal chocolate chip at the same time (darn having to pay shipping charges). I tried one of the rocky road because I couldn't not give it a shot but didn't like it enough to keep the other 3 bars.

So whoever wants one or all three, speak up and they're yours. :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member

VitaminShoppe is having 20% site-wide right now. It's free to pick up in-store, and a mere $25 order meets the free shipping requirement. You can get a box of Quest bars for $19.99, which is about $1.67 a bar, which, disregarding particularly good Ebay auctions and unless I'm missing out somewhere, is about as cheap as a Quest bar sells.
  • hgycta
    edited November 2016

VitaminShoppe is having 20% site-wide right now. It's free to pick up in-store, and a mere $25 order meets the free shipping requirement. You can get a box of Quest bars for $19.99, which is about $1.67 a bar, which, disregarding particularly good Ebay auctions and unless I'm missing out somewhere, is about as cheap as a Quest bar sells.

That's really not all that good compared to last year though, bummer! I'm disappointed with the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC!

Has anyone tried these though? I just noticed them in Shoprite, no clue how long they've been out but I picked up two bars!
    obx7rwe4y2ph.jpg