Lessons I’ve learned on MFP (Chit Chat/Fun & Games):

Options

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    It seems as though social media..this type of forum...is like the American old west: A place where one can re-invent themself. Either through a real physical/emotional growth or transformation, or a fake "catfish" transformation...pretending to be what they are not. Those are the ones to watch out for. Some people here will say things that they would never say or do in real life, simply because they can. I find this extremely interesting to watch....The people who are real are some of the most awesome people on the planet, and those people I am so proud to be friends with (oops my participle is dangling....lol).

Well said.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    It seems as though social media..this type of forum...is like the American old west: A place where one can re-invent themself. Either through a real physical/emotional growth or transformation, or a fake "catfish" transformation...pretending to be what they are not. Those are the ones to watch out for. Some people here will say things that they would never say or do in real life, simply because they can. I find this extremely interesting to watch....The people who are real are some of the most awesome people on the planet, and those people I am so proud to be friends with (oops my participle is dangling....lol).

Awesome my friend .. :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Once again I've learned some people really care and are real true friends who are ready with a kind message to cheer you up or check in on you when times are tough
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Some people are actual jerks
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Some people are actual jerks

same as real life...so I guess something learned is that people are the same online as off line...there's jerks, nice ones and just weirdos but here it's like they're in a fishbowl
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I've learned...that there are some seriously good people here.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Rumors start with almost 0 grounding in reality.
    People are more narcissistic that you expect
    Most people are only interested in one thing
    Folks hop on the highhorse bandwagon more often than not
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

I heard you were talking about my butt you so no-gooder and how it was not good enough to star in the hobbit film, but it so is good enough....(said with righteous indignation)!!!!!

if i said that then it was only to get other males off ur scent...devious plans!
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Becareful, don't fall in love.

peeps actually do this?!?

fall in lust sure but love...
  • MrStabbems
    Options

I heard you were talking about my butt you so no-gooder and how it was not good enough to star in the hobbit film, but it so is good enough....(said with righteous indignation)!!!!!

if i said that then it was only to get other males off ur scent...devious plans!

I was demonstrating the lesson you learned. Thought I did a pretty good job of it.

i gots that, but i have to fight my urge to flirt sooo very much...sometimes it just seeps out.

That sounded creepy
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    It is actually quite easy to decline random friend requests, KIK, and ignore creep-filled message that set off your alarm.

• MrStabbems
    Options
    Becareful, don't fall in love.

peeps actually do this?!?

fall in lust sure but love...
    it's all fantasy.

indeed, ppl present the best and some only see the best. It's a image that should be tempered by reality and logic.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

IMG_1816.JPG
  • MrStabbems
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ^ you dont count jen, ur the queen of weird.
    Archer777 wrote: »
    It is actually quite easy to decline random friend requests, KIK, and ignore creep-filled message that set off your alarm.

:o

thats totally why you ignored mine. I need more training, the inner creep is clearly shining through.