40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    An hour of full body workout and transportation on my kick scooter. Also 20 minutes of upper body strength workout.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Deer season here. Much of my workout for now is hiking in and out of the stand.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Lower body and stomach weights day. Hit a new weight high with quads, hamstrings, thighs, and stomach! I took last week off to heal and thought I'd lose some ground but I didn't. Very happy about that! Did slow walk on treadmill for half hour. Still nursing bad PF but figured slow and some cardio was better then nothing.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    2/3 of AOS Providence and a 4min plank today.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »

AMAZING!

I think I set a mental block, I haven't been able to go beyond 2 minutes 59 seconds!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    21DFX Dirty 30 Extreme and a 3-mile jog...DONE!

I'm looking for reviews of Body Beast and Hammer & Chisel. How are the workouts? Is there excessive taking, which was my biggest problem with P90X. I should not be able to fold all of my laundry in between exercises! Are there compound moves as well as focused exercises? How long are the workouts? And do you think they're universal workouts or do you think they're really gander specific in spite of the mixed group in the background? Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

@tojo_73, Holding a four minute plank is rock solid core work!

Of course, given your Cool Kid status, its not surprising to see that you're ALL about the CORE ! :)
  • tojo_73
    Options
    @Djproulx and @MiamiSeoul I joined the 30 day plank challenge on MFP (on day 20 starting at 2min) and it got real quickly :) . This was my first 4min ever and in another 3 days I am supposed to max out at 5min, which sounds incredible far away at the moment :/ . It is surprising how much my quads seem engaged on the long one.
  • tojo_73
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

I'm looking for reviews of Body Beast and Hammer & Chisel. How are the workouts? Is there excessive taking, which was my biggest problem with P90X. I should not be able to fold all of my laundry in between exercises! Are there compound moves as well as focused exercises? How long are the workouts? And do you think they're universal workouts or do you think they're really gander specific in spite of the mixed group in the background? Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences!

Betty, Beach body has a free 30 day trial for their on-demand program at the moment. That should give you a chance to check them both out
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

Body Beast: 12 weeks
    phase one are about 40-50 minutes. mostly isolation moves. chest and tris/back and bis are on the same day. there is a 30-ish minute cardio routine thrown in too.
    phase two, "BULK" are shorter workouts, again...mostly isolation. each day has its own part. "Chest day", "leg day", "Shoulder day", "Back day" and "Arm day". one rest day. there is NO cardio...for six weeks! it's not "talky" like P90X. Sagi talks...but mostly while you're working.
    phase three mixes 1 & 2 and throws the cardio back in.
    the cast is ALL men. it's not gender exclusive though. but you'd have to be ok with lines like "this is the BEAST workout, NOT the girly workout! you hear that Barbie?!" "i smell getting HUGE!".

Hammer & Chisel: 8 weeks
    lots of compound moves, some isolation moves too. almost every day feels like "total body". you alternate days between Autumn's chisel and Sagi's Hammer routines. they each have their own cardio and ab routines. both men and women in ALL routines (guys...do those "unicorns" & "rainbows"! LOL!). I think they all pretty much ran between 30-45 minutes...ish.

I've completed both programs. any other ?'s, just ask.

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,068 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

AMAZING!

I think I set a mental block, I haven't been able to go beyond 2 minutes 59 seconds!

Both of you are Amazing...my mental block is at 2 minutes (and only when I'm having a very good day). I had to break my 30 day plank challenge down into chunks once I got to 2 minutes because I couldn't move past it until I did (and I want to say it took me about 4 days of trying to get a single 2 minute plank done). Took me three months to complete that 30 day challenge. My sweet spot is still only 1 minute for most planks. Meh, at my age, I'm still pretty happy with that...and I just do multiples, so there are days when I'm doing 6-10 minutes of planks, but just in smaller chunks rather than compromising my form which was happening at 2 minutes for me. So I bow in y'all's general direction at your amazing planking abilities. Maybe someday I'll get motivated to work up to your levels.

Ever have that day in the gym where you are just nailing every workout and feeling like you are kicking butt and taking names? Yea, that was definitely NOT my day today...not sure what was up, but barely gut it through my usual workout. I did it, but it was super ugly with lots of grunting and faces...and I don't even lift that heavy...lol. I think it was just one of THOSE days.... I'm sure it will be better on Wednesday when I go back...heh, couldn't be much worse...lol.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Lifted today. BOOM!
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    ...also, minor note, but my "streak" on mfp, as of today, is "1,800".

:)

Wow that's amazing

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Finished Body pump class-
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Nov. goal: 140,000 steps | 1,800 mins (30hrs) activity
    Rev Nov. goal: 140,000 steps | 2,100 mins (35 hrs)
    Rev Nov. goal #2: 140,000 steps | 3,000 mins (50 hrs)

Nov. total #s to date:
    141,854 steps
    58.331 miles
    3,470 minutes

Hit goal & beyond with two days to add! I'm thankful for the Amazing Race Challenge. I'm thankful for MFP. I've pushed myself, awakened the competitor in me & been more accountable than I've been in years. Here's to finishing the year in better health!

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Finally got myself back to the routine and on the saddle - needed some time to adjust to the cold weather haha. Rode yesterday and today, looks like it'll be warmish tomorrow so plan to go outdoor again and weights on Thursday!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    ...also, minor note, but my "streak" on mfp, as of today, is "1,800".

:)

Way to go!