Replies

• muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    clarkeje1 wrote: »
    I love having pastries with my coffee in the morning. The key is portion control so as long as it fits in your calories. I have been making my coffee at home instead of going to McDonalds. Cheaper and healthier :)

What's unhealthy about McDonalds coffee?
    more sugar?

you can add your own sugar or not.if you ask for it black they will give it to you black. coffee doesnt contain sugar unless you add sugar,

True, although if you order it iced, you will have to insist at least three times that you don't want sugar, you don't want a flavor, you don't want any kind of syrup -- then you have almost a 50% chance of getting it without added sweetener. I tend to hang out near the "cafe" counter after I order and try to catch the attention of the McBarista (I just made that up, so if McD's starts using it, I want a licensing fee :smiley: ) and tell them not to put any syrup in it. There is a button on the cash register interface for no syrup, because I've gotten a manager to point it out to the person working the register, but they must not include that in the training, because hardly anybody seems to know about it.

ETA: on the upside, they are always willing to remake the drink when my iced coffee comes out sweetened. It's not about the calories; coffee with sugar tastes absolutely vile to me.

omggggg see? homemade is healthier?for heart issues :P ;)

I can't tell with all the emojis if you are serious or joking. What heart issues would be impacted by drinking inadvertently sweetened iced coffee from McDonalds?

I think they mean because it would be less stress to make it yourself than jumping through hoops to get the iced coffee without sugar.

OP, cake for breakfast can be tasty. Personally, I prefer a slice of fruit pie if I'm going the dessert for breakfast route, but I've been known to have cake for breakfast if I've got some to spare.

I do have the issue of cake for breakfast == hungry for lunch earlier, but I just solve that by eating something satisfying for an early lunch. :wink:

yum yum come stand next to me <3<3<3
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Guys winter is coming, winter is knocking! and am munching on more sweets than ever :( please I need professional advice. Is having it for breakfast good or will make me gain fat? since I was little I used to have something sweet as soon as I wake up so is it wrong or what? thank you :))) <3

Uhhh...I wouldn't say having it for breakfast is "good"...it's not a very solid way to start the day nutritionally...but whateves. It will only make you gain weight if you're in a surplus of energy...if you're in a deficit, you can't gain weight...'cuz math.

Personally, cake for breakfasts sounds *kitten* disgusting...

Nooooo please do not say "disgusting"!! no food is disgusting, so what do you recommend instead? huh?

Ehhh. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't let someone's opinion of a disgusting vs tasty breakfast impact my choices. However, it *would* be a good idea to pair the cake with something more filling to avoid being hungry later on, as others have written. If it *REALLY* bothers you though, and/or you want to get in something sweet and still hit your macro goals, I recommend cake flavored protein bars. Oh Yeah! One's bar is the best one out there imo, but NitroTech, MusclePharm, and Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch lines sell popular birthday cake flavored bars too. FitJoy is supposed to release a birthday cake bar in the future.

thank you! but we don't have pro bars in Syria :( I wish..
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Guys winter is coming, winter is knocking! and am munching on more sweets than ever :( please I need professional advice. Is having it for breakfast good or will make me gain fat? since I was little I used to have something sweet as soon as I wake up so is it wrong or what? thank you :))) <3

Uhhh...I wouldn't say having it for breakfast is "good"...it's not a very solid way to start the day nutritionally...but whateves. It will only make you gain weight if you're in a surplus of energy...if you're in a deficit, you can't gain weight...'cuz math.

Nooooo please do not say "disgusting"!! no food is disgusting, so what do you recommend instead? huh?

Ehhh. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't let someone's opinion of a disgusting vs tasty breakfast impact my choices. However, it *would* be a good idea to pair the cake with something more filling to avoid being hungry later on, as others have written. If it *REALLY* bothers you though, and/or you want to get in something sweet and still hit your macro goals, I recommend cake flavored protein bars. Oh Yeah! One's bar is the best one out there imo, but NitroTech, MusclePharm, and Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch lines sell popular birthday cake flavored bars too. FitJoy is supposed to release a birthday cake bar in the future.

thank you for pep talk!
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    I had a muffin and a mince pie last week
    (One straight after the other LOL)
    Still lost 2lb
    As long as you count calories and it's within your allowance it's fine

I <3 you can we be best friends? ;)
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Cake is a lie.

No, if you don't like cake you're fake :P :P :P
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

There's a pretty well-established tradition of having sweet baked goods for breakfast -- coffee cake, danishes, donuts, french toast, muffins, Pop Tarts. I mean, having straight-up cake for breakfast is unusual, but I don't know if I would call it "disgusting."

Of course, disgust is fairly subjective when it comes to food. People eat things like haggis and natto and brains.

You take that back! Haggis is delicious! (For the record, I am not being serious. I'm Scottish, I like haggis, I know to most everyone else the very thought is stomach turning. Also, that was an accidental pun).

Also, yes to cake for breakfast. Perk of being an adult is eating whatever the hell you want when you want it! (Calories permitting of course, we are calorie counting).

Quality pun!

I've never had haggis, so I shouldn't say negative things about it. I like plenty of "disgusting" things myself -- I had kimchi the other day and my husband thought some food had spoiled in the kitchen. The look of confusion on his face when I told him that it was supposed to smell that way and I really enjoyed it . . .

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The thing with desserts for brekkie is I want MORE. Cant be satisfied with a slice of cake. I want jelly with bread and butter and then the scale scares the *kitten* outta me lol.
    P. S there was a time when I used to eat 10 slices of bread with Jam and butter :'( and put on 5 kgs!!!!!!!

P. P. S hope peace gets restored in your country
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

There's a pretty well-established tradition of having sweet baked goods for breakfast -- coffee cake, danishes, donuts, french toast, muffins, Pop Tarts. I mean, having straight-up cake for breakfast is unusual, but I don't know if I would call it "disgusting."

Of course, disgust is fairly subjective when it comes to food. People eat things like haggis and natto and brains.

You take that back! Haggis is delicious! (For the record, I am not being serious. I'm Scottish, I like haggis, I know to most everyone else the very thought is stomach turning. Also, that was an accidental pun).

Also, yes to cake for breakfast. Perk of being an adult is eating whatever the hell you want when you want it! (Calories permitting of course, we are calorie counting).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3bwT6YAif4
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Cake is a lie.

No, if you don't like cake you're fake :P :P :P

The comment has nothing to do with not liking cake. Try Google. :wink: