What's on your mind?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    My new old dog pooped on my carpet while we were sleeping. And when I say poop, I mean he left a MONSTER in front of the door! Does anyone know how I can train him out of this? It's the second time since Friday, and I have been walking him 4-5 times EVERY day!!! Tricks, tips anyone can share? Cleaning poop at 5 am, after getting one toe in it, SUCKS!

I always walk mine a few min after he has eaten or drank water and before going to sleep

Perhaps you can kennel train him? My dogs love their kennel and sleep in there at night. It's their "house" and they go in there on their own since it's their "safe place" away from the kids and their own territory. Plus they don't poop unless somebody is sick

That'll be the next option, if we can't stop it from happening. Tomorrow I have to be gone to take care of my mom all day (9-4), so I'm going to be praying he doesn't leave 4 piles...I'll take him for a super long walk before I leave, and cross my fingers! I'm hoping when hubs brings him to meet my parents he's as docile as he has been for us, then I will bring him with me next week.
  • JustMissTracy
    cee134 wrote: »
    My new old dog pooped on my carpet while we were sleeping. And when I say poop, I mean he left a MONSTER in front of the door! Does anyone know how I can train him out of this? It's the second time since Friday, and I have been walking him 4-5 times EVERY day!!! Tricks, tips anyone can share? Cleaning poop at 5 am, after getting one toe in it, SUCKS!

If he's a puppy you he probably needs to go out every 3-5 hours. Which means you have to wake up in the middle of the night to take him out, depending on how young he is. But when he gets older he should be able to hold it. Always praise a puppy when he goes to the bathroom outside.

Some helpful tips that I have found to work.

1. Take time off to house train your puppy.

2. Start using a crate the day you bring her home.

3. Take your puppy outside for a bathroom break every one to two hours during the day.

4. Plan a middle-of-the-night potty run for young puppies.

5. Shower her with treats and praise when she does a good job.

6. Don’t punish your pup for accidents you haven’t seen.

Hi, thanx so much for the tips!! Harley is a 6 yr old dog, very well trained, other than the two accidents in the last four days. Unfortunately his owner died, and he was taken from the other two dogs he was living with, so I think he's having some abandonment issues too...

If we have to, we'll purchase a crate...but I'd like to not do that if possible, just because it doesn't seem he was ever caged up before now, and he really is SO well mannered.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Thinking about convincing my cat to go bck into one of his tote bags so I can use his heavy behind as a weight and let him have some fun elevator bag time. If he's good, I'll even let him sit in my office chair and give him a few spins (yay my cat has a human powered amusement park)..
    If all else fails, I can always put him in a shoebox and drag it around with a shoelace.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Maximus wrote: »
    ^^If anybody quotes him I will block all of you

Wait, how can you see it if you "ignored" me? y_thinking.gif

Curiosity killed the cat
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    My coffee that I reheated 3x already but I'm too lazy to get off my couch. I'm so sore from my workout.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I really need to stop my online shopping this week. Once again, I told myself I will not go overboard on Christmas stuff. It is way too late for that.
  • JustMissTracy
    Thinking about my mom...she hasn't had a puff in four days....SO proud of her effort! Wish my hubs would do the same....
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    All next year, and what its going to be like, and if I should do it, or keep the status quo
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Still bitter about how my thanksgiving went. Trying to figure out how to forgive my father and salvage Christmas.

Thanksgiving .... let it go.

Christmas, go zen & just enjoy those around you
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    My big fat *kitten* and disgusting jelly mama Buddha belly

omg I saw your picture Lady - you need new glasses if that's what you see lol.
  • mrsgrace518
    mrsgrace518 Posts: 102 Member
    How I really need to be cleaning my floors but instead I'm on here chatting!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

Hi, thanx so much for the tips!! Harley is a 6 yr old dog, very well trained, other than the two accidents in the last four days. Unfortunately his owner died, and he was taken from the other two dogs he was living with, so I think he's having some abandonment issues too...

If we have to, we'll purchase a crate...but I'd like to not do that if possible, just because it doesn't seem he was ever caged up before now, and he really is SO well mannered.

Were you able to get a blanket or article of clothing from his former master? That could help the transition.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Lunch
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    That I'll be forever alone

Also sad cause of how gross my loose skin body is right now

Also on my mind is ice cream