What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    He's 6...a Beagle...his owner died a few months ago, him and his two other dog brothers were separated...we rescued him Friday night before he was brought to the pound. He's SO awesome, so good and polite, walks well, listens really well, I'm actually quite impressed with him. I'm not sure if he's just adjusting to the new house/us...or the new food (they fed him ONLY their food, cooked and all!)....And tomorrow I have to go clean my moms house for her, and am wary of bringing him the first time, as my mom is really sick.

I would say new home, new diet, etc is gonna take just a little while longer. Just like you have to get up to take the puppy out, you may have to get up periodically in the first week or two to take him out side.

Sounds really really sweet.. I think we need a pic.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Woke up at 5 am like always .. ugh now I'm gonna be bored for hours

Curious how dinner was night?

wwryakirok2k.jpg

D liked it which is good. I know what to do to improve it for next time , I kinda through whistle to the wind
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I added one above for you..he is reallllllly sweet, almost breaks my heart when I look at his sad eyes. We had a boxer named Sadie, she lived to be 16 years old, passed away a couple of years ago, it's so great to have a little love in the house again <3
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    My new old dog pooped on my carpet while we were sleeping. And when I say poop, I mean he left a MONSTER in front of the door! Does anyone know how I can train him out of this? It's the second time since Friday, and I have been walking him 4-5 times EVERY day!!! Tricks, tips anyone can share? Cleaning poop at 5 am, after getting one toe in it, SUCKS!

Let him out/walk later at night. He left it at the door which means he knows he needed out, that's good. My rescue dog has to be outside around 10 every night, literally. If she doesn't, there will be a gift for me at the door in the morning lol.

I'm going to try this tonite! It was about 9 when I went to bed, 5 when I got up....might have to keep my eyes open a couple of hours longer!
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    I added one above for you..he is reallllllly sweet, almost breaks my heart when I look at his sad eyes. We had a boxer named Sadie, she lived to be 16 years old, passed away a couple of years ago, it's so great to have a little love in the house again <3

Looks like the perfect snuggle buddy. Those eyes are definitely a heart breaker! <3 I had a dog pass too about 3 years ago I about killed me... :(

Just a little patience and know after a week or two he will get comfortable with you, his surroundings, the new diet and before you know it he will be waiting at the door to go outside!!!
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Woke up at 5 am like always .. ugh now I'm gonna be bored for hours

Curious how dinner was night?

wwryakirok2k.jpg

D liked it which is good. I know what to do to improve it for next time , I kinda through whistle to the wind

I think I missed a really good dinner!
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    My new old dog pooped on my carpet while we were sleeping. And when I say poop, I mean he left a MONSTER in front of the door! Does anyone know how I can train him out of this? It's the second time since Friday, and I have been walking him 4-5 times EVERY day!!! Tricks, tips anyone can share? Cleaning poop at 5 am, after getting one toe in it, SUCKS!

Let him out/walk later at night. He left it at the door which means he knows he needed out, that's good. My rescue dog has to be outside around 10 every night, literally. If she doesn't, there will be a gift for me at the door in the morning lol.

I'm going to try this tonite! It was about 9 when I went to bed, 5 when I got up....might have to keep my eyes open a couple of hours longer!
    My little dog left a gift this morning. *gag*

I think he's got an upset belly though, poor little guy.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

That was me..spicy kfc remember :D sowry :(
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Oh crap!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

LMAO...I haven't been able to stomach KFC for many years now, we actually don't even bother to try anymore, as yummy as it smells when we drive past one :D
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    Coffee... coffee is on my mind. I have a new creamer called poundcake and D got peppermint.

Its weird I get excited for pumpkin spice and he hates it and he gets excited for peppermint and I hate mint flavored anything..

Its like Christmas morning! !
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Coffee... coffee is on my mind. I have a new creamer called poundcake and D got peppermint.

Its weird I get excited for pumpkin spice and he hates it and he gets excited for peppermint and I hate mint flavored anything..

Its like Christmas morning! !

This has me pondering toothpaste flavors...
  • Grey_1
    Options

Oh crap!

LOL! wow... :D
  • Grey_1
    Options
    Still bitter about how my thanksgiving went. Trying to figure out how to forgive my father and salvage Christmas.

for what it's worth, it took me 40 years to forgive mine. It made a difference though.
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    Still bitter about how my thanksgiving went. Trying to figure out how to forgive my father and salvage Christmas.

Why if I can ask D:

I'm pissy with my mom about TG too but my bf and her ganged up on me so I'll never prove that I was right