40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• cavoyer66
    cavoyer66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 this year. Was super fit and healthy after my divorce in mid 40's, but very unhappy. Was using exercise to get rid of stress demons. much happier now, but complacent. Joined gym last week through health insurance deal and went to first training session. Everything hurts, but excited to claim my body back. Want to lose 15-18 lbs and decrease body fat 8%. Would love to connect to other in the "experienced" realm.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    ...also, minor note, but my "streak" on mfp, as of today, is "1,800".

:)
    WOW!! here's to 1,800 more!! :)

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done! :s
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Nov. goal: 140,000 steps | 1,800 mins (30hrs) activity
    Rev Nov. goal: 140,000 steps | 2,100 mins (35 hrs)
    Rev Nov. goal #2: 140,000 steps | 3,000 mins (50 hrs)

Nov. total #s to date:
    141,854 steps
    58.331 miles
    3,470 minutes

Hit goal & beyond with two days to add! I'm thankful for the Amazing Race Challenge. I'm thankful for MFP. I've pushed myself, awakened the competitor in me & been more accountable than I've been in years. Here's to finishing the year in better health!

Way to go @MiamiSeoul on your goal!! You are fabulous!!

Yea, that challenge has me working out harder than ever, though I know my minutes are starting to fade a bit as we get further along. Going to try to kick it back into gear for these last couple of weeks.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thanks @b3achy, you've been a great motivator & always so supportive! I don't think I've used MFP in the fall, because the last few weeks have been hard! We've all got to stay focused & end 2016 with a bang!

GO GET YOUR GOALS!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays are double session days. This morning did strength work with my trainer. This evening's track workout got changed to a treadmill run due to heavy rain. Did a 5 mile negative split run, some stretching and foam rolling then called it a night.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Back to weights for me today! Have a great day everyone!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    gojaqs wrote: »
    Yesterday I went to my first bicycle training class. We use our own bikes and the routine is computerized. The season started six weeks ago and I had to jump in. 600 calories, and I almost threw up. :# Can't wait until next week. lol

So did you put your bikes on power based trainers and follow a course shown on a large screen? There's something highly motivating (and painful) about seeing everyone's power numbers (watts/rpm/etc) projected on the screen and trying to keep up. As a result, vomit sometimes happens. :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Had a nice paddle yesterday. First tried out my new race board for just a few minutes. Going to be a good board to grow into since it's more board than I'm used to handling (felt a little like the Titanic compared to my short boards). It's the board in my avatar picture. After I went for a short paddle on my SUP surf board ~2.5 miles in just under an hour (strong wind from the south). Just nice to get back on the water after a couple of weeks of being cooped up due to not feeling great.

Today was gym day. Got my weights in, as well as that dastardly stair master (there is a stair challenge in one of my groups). Had to do some short intervals on the stair master, but finished my challenge with 2000 steps/stairs done between Monday and Today.

Tomorrow looks promising for a nice slow long paddle on one of my short boards (don't get the race board until Monday).

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Still over 40. Can't seem to shake it.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Still over 40. Can't seem to shake it.

No worries there. Your fifties will make most "forties issues" irrelevant ;)

• rfamjardine
    rfamjardine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope you all had a great day !!!!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    shortcut to size: Back, Biceps and Abs done
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and chest today! Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    An hour of weight training done!