40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Still over 40. Can't seem to shake it.

You will shake it soon enough. Then in what feels like about two days you will be staring at 60.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    Waiting to board plane to Phoenix. Weather isn't going to be all that warm! Sure, decent walking weather, but certainly not pool weather. :(
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Anyone here got your December goals in mind?
    I plan to be 5 lbs more down, switch up the cardio with step aerobics/ elliptical, and stay on point with my macros. Also looking to fine tune my weightlifting routine better. Need a workable plan for exercising during vacation at the end of the month. That will be tough! I won't have access to a gym or equipment! Ugh! I'm spoiled. Need to make a list of body weight exercises I can do to stay halfway on track! We will at least do a lot of walking.
  • burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Still over 40. Can't seem to shake it.

You will shake it soon enough. Then in what feels like about two days you will be staring at 60.

@allenpriest So true! I just realized that this summer I'll be racing in the men's 60-64 age group. How the heck did that happen?
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends,
    Wanted to check in after participating in Orange theory fitness for a week. All in , it's a fun class based system and I'm feeling results right away. This workout supplements my lifting program so feels like a good fit.
    With Intuitive eating and these workouts I was able to lose 11 pounds in November. Pretty happy to be back on track and looking forward to continue with this approach moving forward.
    Best Wishes for a great December.
    Please add me if you are looking for friends
    Jeff
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Waiting to board plane to Phoenix. Weather isn't going to be all that warm! Sure, decent walking weather, but certainly not pool weather. :(

Hot tub weather??
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Happy December 1st!

I celebrated with a 5.25 mile paddle on my usual circuit. Started out cloudy, but the sun came out and it was glorious, especially for the first day of December. I love living in FL! Saw some dolphins, a bunch of sharks, tons of fish, many stingrays, herons, pelicans, and crabs. Was a nice couple of hours on the water.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Happy December 1st!

I celebrated with a 5.25 mile paddle on my usual circuit. Started out cloudy, but the sun came out and it was glorious, especially for the first day of December. I love living in FL! Saw some dolphins, a bunch of sharks, tons of fish, many stingrays, herons, pelicans, and crabs. Was a nice couple of hours on the water.

Sounds like a beautiful day!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast: Total Body"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So I am living in a hotel for the next few weeks on a job. The hotel gym has a flat bench and dumbbells only with limited space and a carpeted floor that I do not want to do floor work on. :/

First world problems for sure but frustrating.

Varied lifts- done :)
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    So I am living in a hotel for the next few weeks on a job. The hotel gym has a flat bench and dumbbells only with limited space and a carpeted floor that I do not want to do floor work on. :/

First world problems for sure but frustrating.

Varied lifts- done :)

Way to improvise! Leaving the end of the month to LA for a few weeks to see my sister in law. I will have to get creative. Those kids will most likely become my weights! Time to play airplane with Auntie Shelly!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

Hoping the weather gets warmer for you!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Today was the last day of the "step back week" in our marathon training. This morning we had a fun group assembled for our easy paced 10 miler on a beautiful early winter day. Ran one of our favorite routes around a local pond and through some pretty residential areas. Slow pace allowed our coach plenty of time to give us highlights of her trip to Training Peaks HQ in Boulder, Co. She's now full of ideas for our next 4 week training block, including adding another bike session and 2 swims/week to our run block. That means the recovery party is over as of tomorrow.

Love to read the posts from the Cool Kids who are figuring out ways to stay active while away from home. Very inspiring. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Rest day today. Back at it tomorrow!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Beeps, Oh how I have missed you. I know you are still lifting heavy things. Happy Monday everyone. Hot Yoga boot camp completed. I can not believe I kept putting that class off and after taking the plunge, I am now totally addicted. If my energy is still in rare form, I will take TRX later. Have a great day kids.