GREEN TEAM

Options

Replies

• n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ITS OKAY ALL WE ARE SHAPING UP INTO A GREAT TEAM ALL OF US ARE SO SUPPORIVE OF EACH OTHER WHETHER ITS AN INJURY OR AN EVIL CLOWN THAT SELLS HAMBURGERS OR IF ITS JUST SOMEONE TO LEAN ON ITS NICE TO KNOW WE ALL HAVE SOMEONE TO GO TO FOR SUPPORT BRIE ITS OKAY THIS WEEK HAS BEEN BAD FOR ME TO BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT WEVE ALL THOUGHT TWICE BEFORE WE DID SOMETHING STUPID BECAUSE WE KNEW WE HAD A TEAM TO ACCOUNT TO. GREAT JOB ALL YEA I KNOW WED COULD POTENTIALY SUCK AS DOES MY SPELLING BUT I KNOW THAT WE WILL ALL GET THRU IT TOGETHER IT MAKES ME PROUD NOT ONLY TO BE A MEMBER OF THE GREEN TEAM BUT A CLIENT TO LOL (ROGAINE COMERCIAL REMEMBER) BUT ALL JOKES ASIDE IM PROUD OF ALLL OF YALL AND WE WILL GET THRU THIS:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :wink: :tongue:
  • sportsmomof2
    Options
    Hang in there!!
  • n2dfire
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37837-a-bit-of-rant-about-real-food-and-general-nutrition

GOOD POST IFORMATIONAL IF YOU CAN GET AROUND THE EGO BUT GOOD IMFORMATION
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Drank all my water already today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Now I am stuck on the pot peein a river.......:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: At least I am not cryin one......

Am finding today especially hard, seems that everyone I have spoken to in my life (sister, cousin, aunt, friends) are at the vurge of losing everything....including me. We barely have our nose out of the water.....I feel water getting in my nose....I think by Feb 1st, we will lose it all......AND THE SUCKY THING IS WE ARE WAITING ON AN IRS REFUND THAT COULD SAVE US IF IT GOT HERE FASTER~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway.....I am gonna try that smiling thing and see if it works for today..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • velvetwing
    Options
    It looks like some of us are having some tough moments :sad:
    Lets all try to remember how many accomplishments every one of us has had this week. I think we have all done amazing whether there is a loss on the scale or not.
    Some of us have been rockin' it a the gym, getting all that damn water down, counting calories, fightn' fires, not to mention the awesome support everyone has been giving everyone else which personally it makes a world of difference to me if I know I have people on my side.
    Confession..... nobody in my life but all of you know Im trying to loose weight. You all keep me going!
    WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM EVER !
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi everyone! thanks for all of the encouraging posts and to all of you struggling- keep it up, we can do this!!! with that...if anyone is around, i need a little encouraging myself (so much easier to say it to other people then to actually do it) I have done REALLY well today and am slightly under my calories- i just had my last snack/meal of the day and feel like eating more, even tho i am not the least bit hungry- i have a problem with this at night and usually end up ruining my whole day. i am drinking water and chewing gum but if anyone has any helpful words, i would love to hear them. this has been a struggle point for me and i am trying to overcome it one night at a time! thanks ;)
  • yeahbuddy
    yeahbuddy Posts: 409
    Options
    kels, try brushing your teeth or using some mouth wash. That usually helps me when I want to eat mindlessly. The taste of toothpaste or mouth wash usually solves the problem. Good luck!
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Hi everyone! thanks for all of the encouraging posts and to all of you struggling- keep it up, we can do this!!! with that...if anyone is around, i need a little encouraging myself (so much easier to say it to other people then to actually do it) I have done REALLY well today and am slightly under my calories- i just had my last snack/meal of the day and feel like eating more, even tho i am not the least bit hungry- i have a problem with this at night and usually end up ruining my whole day. i am drinking water and chewing gum but if anyone has any helpful words, i would love to hear them. this has been a struggle point for me and i am trying to overcome it one night at a time! thanks ;)
    My favorite thing at night after supper, if I feel like I need a little something is the 40 calorie fudge bars. I happen to think they are fabulous and only 40 calories!! Another is a small baked apple with cinnamon, or I also like to take one of the low fat yoplait yogurts, chop some fruit like strawberris mix together and put in the freezer for a bit.... its delish and it takes a while to eat so it definately curbs that sugar tooth of mine!
  • lynettep
    lynettep Posts: 157
    Options
    Kels.....don't waste all your hard work today!! You can do it!! Go clean a closet out or clean something....that always helps me. Get rid of any bigger size clothes!!! :happy: Because you are not going to be wearing them anymore. Don't let food rule!!! Hope this helps. Lynette
  • lynettep
    Options
    I love those 40 cal fudge bars!!! Everyone should go out and buy those...perfect snack.
  • velvetwing
    Options
    I love those 40 cal fudge bars!!! Everyone should go out and buy those...perfect snack.
    These are my chocolate fix!
  • kels0724
    kels0724 Posts: 136
    Options
    thanks guys!!! i am doing well so far~ and think i can make it through the night!!! thanks for all the nice words- they seriously did help! ihope i can have the will power to come here when i get that feeling at night instead of going to food! thanks :wink: have a good night!!!
  • briakiss
    Options
    i tried the peanut butter smoothie from the recipes boards last night...it was delish!! i had it for breakfast this morning.
    I hate bananas :noway: so i didn't have that in there but its great!! super filling!:happy:

this is what i use:
    4oz skim milk
    1 tbsp all natural pb
    1/2 package of swiss miss hot chocolate
    ice

but this is the original recipe:
    INGREDIENTS

10 ounces skim milk or plain soy milk
    1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
    1 medium banana

DIRECTIONS
    Make it: In a blender, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Use 6 ice cubes for a thicker consistency.
  • n2dfire
    Options
    TO ALL I WAS ONE OF THOSE CHOCOLATE MILK FEEN I HAD TO HAVE A GLASS BEFORE I WENT TO SLEEP I ALWAYS USED SKIM MILK SO IT WASNT BAD AND NOW THAT IM DIETING THE URGE HASNT GONE AWAY YALL ARE TALKING ABOUT SWEET TOOTHS AT NIGHT TRY THIS, DO YOU REMEMBER YOOHOO WELL HOOD MAKES THIS STUFF YOU CAN FIND IT OVER BY THE MILK AND SOY MILK IN WALMART IM SURE OTHER PLACES TO BUT I SHOP THERE SO BUT IT TASTES JUST LIKE YOOHOO WITHOUT ALL THE FAT ITS ONLY 90 CALORIES FOR THE GLASS BUT ITS THICK AND FILLING FOR THOSE LATE NIGHT URGES IT HAS AN AFTER TASTE THAT TASTES LIKE SHI* BUT BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND IT HELPS MORE BECAUSE THE PERSON SHARING A BED WITH U WONT APPRECIATE THE BREATH. WHERE DO YOU FIND THE 40 CAL FUDGE BARS I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY THESE!:drinker:
  • n2dfire
    Options
    OOOOH BY THE WAY GOODMORNING GREEN TEAM IM UP GOT PLENTY OF SLEEP AND MOTIVATED IM GONNA GO TO THE GYM AND THEN RUN CALLS BECAUSE IM SURE WE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF ACCIDENTS WITH THIS SNOW ICE AND RAIN MIX WE HAVE COMING IN YALL HAVE A GOOD DAY AND REMEMBER TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WE GET TO PULL THOSE SCALES OUT AGAIN WOOOOOOHOOOOOO
  • loser4real
    Options
    Good morning my green beans. I need to be better about logging in at night as I missed all the posts last night.

N2dfire - thank you for all you do. A structure sure sounds dangerous and I am sure you burned a whole lot of calories putting it out. I hope today isn't too crazy for you with accidents resulting from all the snow-ice-rain.

Sportsmomof2 - WTG on your loss and workout, and during your lunch break no less. When it's not too cold I slip into my walking shoes and get in some exercise then too. Feels great to be outside after sitting at a desk all morning!

Briakiss - the smoothie sounds yummy! I'll have to try it sometime.

Sassiebritches - great job on the H2O. I usually am good about getting it all in but for some reason yesterday I didn't start drinking any until lunchtime. Shame on me! I WILL do better today!

Kels0724 - I have to agree with yeahbuddy here. If I feel a late night snacking binge approaching, I'll do my before bedtime routine early. Wash makeup off face, moisturize, brush teeth, etc. For some reason getting ready for bed stills the urge to snack (especially the minty fresh mouth since nothing tastes good immediately after brushing). =)

Y'all hang in there…I know this isn't always an easy journey, but that's why we have each other to lean on. Remember, today is a brand new day with a clean slate. So work out hard, eat well, and keep shedding those pounds! =) Have a great Tuesday!

P.S. I don't think I know about these 40 cal fudge bars--what brand do you all get?
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Good Morning Green Teammates!

Last day Until Weigh in! Is everyone pumped for an awesome eating and exercise day? I am I can't wait to see what progress I have made on the scale tommorrow. I hope everyone has done well...But remember that Muscle does weigh more than fat, so just because you are not losing weight doen't mean you are not getting healthy!

Hope Ya'll have a great Day! :bigsmile:
  • lynettep
    Options
    Good morning all!

40 cal Fudgesicle no sugar added 12 pack. Fudgsicle is the brand name.

Heading to the gym in a few! GO GREEN!!! Last night I finally did my measurements. Since I am lifting weights I thought I might lose more inches then weight in the long run.

CAN'T wait til tomorrow! Everyone work hard today!!!!
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    Good Morning Green!

Less than 24 hr and we can start puttin up stats! I'm so excited for everyone...this has been a TRUE challenge for me... It has also made me more MINDFUL of my eating habits and kept my binger at bay, since this whole healthy eating/lifestyle/change IS a challenge in a way for us all.

MMMMM, this talk about the fudgebars has made me crave chocolate, I have had them in the past...may have to stock my freezer! Thanks for the suggestion!

ok, question about milk. I probably have (1) 8 oz glass a day w/my cereal. Skim that is. Did you all know that there is 12g of carbs/sugar in this? Has anyone tried sugar free milk and what kind? How does it taste?

briakiss ~ the smoothie sounds yummy and pretty easy to make. might have to try that! thanks for sharing!

n2dfire ~ i am sure you 'put out' a lot of calories on the structure fire, probably more than you think if the adrenaline was kicked in! be careful in the storm, looks nasty for the E coast.

HI to the rest of the GT! Have a good day all, keep up the good work on taking care of YOU!!
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Good Morning Green!

Less than 24 hr and we can start puttin up stats! I'm so excited for everyone...this has been a TRUE challenge for me... It has also made me more MINDFUL of my eating habits and kept my binger at bay, since this whole healthy eating/lifestyle/change IS a challenge in a way for us all.

MMMMM, this talk about the fudgebars has made me crave chocolate, I have had them in the past...may have to stock my freezer! Thanks for the suggestion!

ok, question about milk. I probably have (1) 8 oz glass a day w/my cereal. Skim that is. Did you all know that there is 12g of carbs/sugar in this? Has anyone tried sugar free milk and what kind? How does it taste?

briakiss ~ the smoothie sounds yummy and pretty easy to make. might have to try that! thanks for sharing!

n2dfire ~ i am sure you 'put out' a lot of calories on the structure fire, probably more than you think if the adrenaline was kicked in! be careful in the storm, looks nasty for the E coast.

HI to the rest of the GT! Have a good day all, keep up the good work on taking care of YOU!!
    Well Im not a milk drinker so I dont know about sf milk. My problem is my creamer with coffee in the mornings *ugh* Ive been drinking the FF creamer but there are still 30 cals per serving! Okay it doesnt sound like much but if I have 4-5 cups of coffee it adds up for sure. I just bought the SF creamer which is a little better on the cals so I will see how it tastes :) Ive been switching to low fat, fat free, sugar free products for quite a while now... I find that most are sill really good and I dont notice much change, so its always worth the try!
    Happy Tuesday Greenies! Be healthy