40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Hi caramel!

I am still lifting heavy things.

I did go through about a 3.5 year period of total LOVE for hot yoga, so I am glad you have found something you really like.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    40+ here
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    strength work with trainer this morning - done. track workout is 800s tonight.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi Cool Kids! Wow, doesn't take long to get behind on the posts when you miss a few days.

@caramelgyrlk - Your back! Nice to "see" you again.
    @Beeps2011 Good job on the weight loss! Knew you would do it. :smile:

@gam3rguy - you are still killin' it every day. Awesome.

@Djproulx - great dedication to that marathon training. Nice cross training work.

@tojo_73 - it takes some commitment to be away from home for work and continue with your workouts. Hats off to you!

To all the others - Good job!

Welcome to all the New Cool kids. :)

Well, after walking a nice 10k route at a good clip, I decided it was time to start running it again. Finally did it last night. Felt great. I did have some walk breaks in there, so it was more of a run / walk. It was on icy roads, so I was trying to be careful. As I ran by the lake, a nice fox was running along the shoreline in the opposite direction. That was pretty cool.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Well, after walking a nice 10k route at a good clip, I decided it was time to start running it again. Finally did it last night. Felt great. I did have some walk breaks in there, so it was more of a run / walk. It was on icy roads, so I was trying to be careful. As I ran by the lake, a nice fox was running along the shoreline in the opposite direction. That was pretty cool.

@sdereski - Do you have another race on your calendar yet?
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Trained and did upper body today. Sdereski, Is there a year end race you are preparing for? If not, I know 2017 will be full of surprises. Did you get a picture of the fox? Has anyone talked to or heard from Larro. He just vanished. I hope he is ok. I loved reading the stories about his mother and the photos of the ranch. Beeps, I am really focusing on lifting these days, but sadly have to get my cardio and endurance back up. I incorporated Barre and Balletone to take some of the strain off of my knees from the constant jumping and box jumps while in bootcamp and Meltdown (cross fit style class). Taking them less has left easily winded now. Have to address that PRONTO. Hope all of the kids have an awesome day. As Beeps says so eloquently "BOOM"
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not posting much - sooo busy at office but am determined to get back on track! Totally ticked at myself but it's only going to get busier for me so I need to prioritize exercise :p
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Finally my shift in diet is seeing results. Not that I'm trying to lose much, but a few pounds now and getting back on track will ensure less weight gain in years to come!

I did miss kettlebell tonight which sucks, got some walking in, but it's wet and child do not a huge amount. Kickboxing tomorrow Ann's hopefully Thursday and Friday since Friday night is our Christmas party! Prime rib dinner, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, spinach salad and desert! Now to decide, vanilla bean creme brulle, chocolate cake with fudge frosting or burbon pecan tart, hmmm...
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Hi sdereski...I am sure my weight climbed right back up there! I gave myself a 4-day break while away on a girls'-trip. And that 4 days has turned into 8. So, no bueno.

I won't weigh this week, and I am trying to make today "day 1" of my reboot, rather than "day 9" of debauchery....

No workout today. But I will lift, tomorrow.

3furballs, Friday sounds like a super-tasty event! Yum!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got another run / walk in yesterday. Same route, 2 minutes faster. then, I went curling. Well, I should fess up and say 'we showed up" as we got walloped and quit after 4 ends. :tongue:

@Djproulx - I want to do the Diva half marathon in June.

@Beeps2011 - 4 days turned in 8?! Wow, sounds like a fun time for sure!
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Do I need to start a 50+ thread, or is a 56 year old welcome here?
    I am about 7 lbs down (started at 145), my goal is 125. I have been eating fairly clean for quite a few years, but I have been on-off with fitness and portion control.
  • amypta
    amypta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 49 and finding the 50 pudge is adding on in my middle ugh. I have gained 10lb since the beginning of summer. I need advice and motivation.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,120 Member
    Options
    Woot, my new race paddleboard is FAST!! Was only out for just over 80 minutes (wanted to be out for longer, but I got super hangry). On my old board, I'd have done well to get in 3.3 miles...today I got in 4.2 miles...nearly a mile further!! Also was figuring out mileage times, and it looks like I may have dropped over 5 minutes off my miles (though the great conditions helped a lot with that too) just with the new board. But all the same, the faster board will make me quite competitive next year for racing since I'm moving into a tougher division. I'm also still waiting on my new paddle, which should help me drop a bit of time too. Hopefully, I can maintain or improve my physique as well as my technique in the next 4-5 months, so it is all shaping up to be a very good next year of racing!

It was a glorious day to be out. The wind was moderate, the water was super smooth, and super clear, so a lot to see, while speeding by. Saw a sea turtle, some sharks, lots of rays, and as I was leaving, there were dolphins playing in the water.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

@Djproulx - I want to do the Diva half marathon in June.

I love the Half marathon distance. So much fun to train for and to race!

Race question for you: Must one be a Diva to enter, or is that title earned upon finishing? :)

Good luck in your return to training.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Rest"=Done! :p
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Been a terrible week and a half for me. Working 12-16hr days every day, sleeping about 3-7hrs a night, and eating out every meal (so not very healthy) coupled with only one workout since I arrived here. Good to see the rest of you keeping up. Hope to get back on track when I get home at the end of next week.

• shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    Been a terrible week and a half for me. Working 12-16hr days every day, sleeping about 3-7hrs a night, and eating out every meal (so not very healthy) coupled with only one workout since I arrived here. Good to see the rest of you keeping up. Hope to get back on track when I get home at the end of next week.

That will make home that much sweeter.