Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My friend and I made plans to hike together, he sent me a "I'll pick you up at 6" text Friday, and Saturday morning I went outside to meet him and his wife outside my apartment. I like his wife just fine but this means we can't make crude jokes and talk about guy stuff; still going to be a great day, just not the kind I expected. But once I got into their car, they told me we're going snowshoeing instead, and they have an extra pair for me. I should have thrown a fit but I'm a good sport.

A pickup truck crashed ahead of us on the freeway. No idea why, everything was normal, then it spun - out of the blue - and crashed into the median. A split second later we were spinning in the travel lane on I-90. Then we were spinning across the median. I was sure the car was about to flip and things were going to go seriously wrong, I felt time slow down, braced for the impact, wondered just how bad we'd be hurt ... and the car gently came to a rest. We felt like sitting ducks, worried the next crash would be into us; I've never been so happy to see a traffic jam.

My buddy tried to get the car out, but couldn't. We used the avy shovel to dig out, but it was grass under the snow and we were stuck. Highway Patrol showed up before long and towed us out. First words out of his mouth: "Kinda embarrassing to get stuck in that car, don't you think?" He mocked my friend for a while, then towed us, then stepped out in front of a moving car on I-90 with a flare and cones, and closed the passing lane for us to pull out into. Finally, he went to help the truck, we heard him say "If I was driving they'd have been out a long time ago."

Officer Friendly didn't want to see our papers (license, registration, insurance), he just wanted to make sure my friend was good and embarrassed for his driving.

No one was hurt, so we decided to stick to our plans.

We didn't actually need snowshoes for flotation, so I carried them. For 7.5 miles. Snowshoes suck, but they're less awful in your hands or pack than they are on your feet.

I-90 East on the left, I-90 West on the right

31453343542_610404b04f_o_d.jpg

31562632416_920b90fb34_o_d.jpg

31453343512_2bfcb2eb31_o_d.jpg

Here's a picture from the trail. Weather was volatile. It snowed heavily on the way down.

31453343442_6cab402559_o_d.jpg

My friend shot the rest of these. I'm in them.

31453343662_3cafb34537_o_d.jpg

31562632286_b94552ec08_o_d.jpg

31483960751_962012e405_o_d.jpg

31562632696_f7a6094948_o_d.jpg

31453343382_0a7d8504f7_o_d.jpg

The crash took a lot of time, and we didn't reach the lake. I kept thinking we were about to top out and hit the one view along the whole trail, but our turn around time came just as we got to the bottom of another switchback and everyone said "*kitten* this. Let's get back before it snows enough to make the drive home interesting." The highway was fine on the way home, at some point while we were up there someone decided to plow.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1479009204
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    FWPVXv7.jpg

This outraged my grandmother

Yeah... I agree with Grandma

Segway's are so 2005.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think I'm done Christmas shopping.

Oi. I have four presents. Three grandchildren, 6 11 nephews and nieces...4 grown kids.....eek. Anyone know anyone who's hiring like TODAY?!!! Preferably a job where they like a woman who knows how to sit on MFP all day!
  • CatMarlett
    CatMarlett Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Post anything we want huh? My rant for the day? I am tired of worrying about what food to eat and how many carbs, calories or sugar is in it. Ugh!!! I am just done with it! If I could, I would go without it. Too time consuming!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Dang Eeyore! That's a scary story. In glad you were ok. You and cars don't go so good together. Lovely pics though.

Truer words were never spoken. I'll have to tell you about dislocating my SCJ sometime.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @NorthCascades ..love the pic..glad you weren't hurt. Id miss your pics :)
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Oi. I have four presents. Three grandchildren, 6 11 nephews and nieces...4 grown kids.....eek. Anyone know anyone who's hiring like TODAY?!!! Preferably a job where they like a woman who knows how to sit on MFP all day!

I've been thinking about getting a job too. You probably have an upper leg on me though, I am unmarketable, unskilled and therefore unemployable.

I would hire you, I damn sure would.

.... you just might not like the job description.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    @northcascades, first glad not one was hurt. Second glad you stuck to your plans as you present yet another display of pictures and awesomeness.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I've been thinking about getting a job too. You probably have an upper leg on me though, I am unmarketable, unskilled and therefore unemployable.

Well now I'm intrigued. I've got a pretty sweet gig right now but my boss is very demanding.

Let's just say it's a wonderful opportunity but there is a dress code

.... so to speak
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo

The Last Of Us 2 Trailer

good lord I can't wait for this
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Well now I'm intrigued. I've got a pretty sweet gig right now but my boss is very demanding.

Let's just say it's a wonderful opportunity but there is a dress code

.... so to speak

Lol. Alright. I'm a pretty good rule follower.

Outstanding.

The on the job training can be ..... rigorous, yet rewarding
This discussion has been closed.