Starving 15 mins after eating an apple and a yogurt

Options
12346»

Replies

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Veggies with a little dip instead of fruit with yogurt might work, if the sugar is what is stoking hunger after eating it. I think you need to try different things, until you find what works for you. I often eat a few bites of leftover chicken, or a few forks of whatever protein dish from the day before as a snack. If I'm at work, I put those few extra bites in my lunch, and save the snack part for snack time.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    An apple and yoghurt does nothing for me either, try a handful of almonds, a bit of cheese or even a chocolate biscuit that will equate to the same calories, im guessing 100-150 cals? U need something with fat in it if u want to feel satisfied. As for breakfast I always have egg on toast sometimes with lean bacon and that always keeps me going till lunch. Im amazed your losing so well this close to goal on that amount of calories. Im 5'11 and 17lbs from goal and only on 1350 cals a day and lucky if I lose 1 lb a week.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, truly hungry...you need to eat more. Even just a bit more. Listen to your body.
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try Greek yogurt, which has more protein than regular, and add a tablespoon of either chia seeds or peanut butter to your yogurt (and some sweetener if you need it). That combo keep me full for a few hours, whereas regular yogurt doesn't do much. That, and drink water with the meal.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    For me, high carb/low carb doesn't matter. I have to eat the bulk of my calories between 7am-2pm. Then my hunger just shuts off and I'm fine. Otherwise, I'm simply starving all day and can never "catch" the hunger.
  • trumeta
    trumeta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its funny to me how when someone mentions hunger its like a medical emergency.
    When you are on a calorie reducing diet hunger may come, don't panic.
    Remember, who are the people who don't get hungry ? Unhealthy people. People who have cancer or some other
    chronic illness.

have a big cup of tea or big glass of cold water and remember hunger is a sign of a normal HEALTHY metabolism

If it starts to affect your mood and your work performance, then I would consider upping the amount of protein and fiber you have with your snack. Especially soluble fiber. These things slow your digestion and help keep you
    fuller longer.

Good luck
    Trumeta
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I love apples, but they tend to make me feel full for just a bit, but then hungrier. I don't understand it, but it happens pretty much every time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    brendak76 wrote: »
    For me, high carb/low carb doesn't matter. I have to eat the bulk of my calories between 7am-2pm. Then my hunger just shuts off and I'm fine. Otherwise, I'm simply starving all day and can never "catch" the hunger.

I'm usually the same way.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    trumeta wrote: »
    Its funny to me how when someone mentions hunger its like a medical emergency.
    When you are on a calorie reducing diet hunger may come, don't panic.
    Remember, who are the people who don't get hungry ? Unhealthy people. People who have cancer or some other
    chronic illness.

have a big cup of tea or big glass of cold water and remember hunger is a sign of a normal HEALTHY metabolism

If it starts to affect your mood and your work performance, then I would consider upping the amount of protein and fiber you have with your snack. Especially soluble fiber. These things slow your digestion and help keep you
    fuller longer.

Good luck
    Trumeta

How does being hungry = healthy? If I'm not hungry, I'm unhealthy?
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    brendak76 wrote: »

This is me too, im ravenous all morning and quite often will have 500 cals for breakfast, same with lunch...then Im full till bedtime when ill have a snack.