Accidental Calorie Bombs.

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,421 Member
    Options
    Oh man, fries. I miss fries. :(

I did the cleverest thing ever, before losing weight, without realizing it.

We sometimes go to a bar/restaurant across the road from the rowing club after we row. They have *beer battered fries* that are possibly the best in the entire world. I used to order them often, and got several of my (thinner) rowing buddies hooked.

Nowadays, I never order them. But occasionally, my rowing buddies still do. And since they're smart enough not to eat a whole order on their own, they share them with the table . . . including me. It's still calorific if I eat only a few of them, but it's at least within the realm of manageable. ;)

• U2Bad1
    U2Bad1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »
    Teriyaki chicken with white rice at Cheesecake Factory. I mean, I know it was the Cheesecake Factory and that their calories are WAY up there, but I thought that I could get by with Teriyaki Chicken. It wasn't all that much food in comparison to what others had.

1400 calories.

Pretty sure everything at the cheesecake factory is a calorie bomb no matter how innocent they appear.
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Nowadays, I never order them. But occasionally, my rowing buddies still do.
    Genius! :smiley:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    U2Bad1 wrote: »
    sllm1 wrote: »
    Teriyaki chicken with white rice at Cheesecake Factory. I mean, I know it was the Cheesecake Factory and that their calories are WAY up there, but I thought that I could get by with Teriyaki Chicken. It wasn't all that much food in comparison to what others had.

1400 calories.

Pretty sure everything at the cheesecake factory is a calorie bomb no matter how innocent they appear.

Nah, the skinnylicious menu is fine. Although I have my doubts about some of the items..

The rest is typically huge portions though. Someone mentioned the lettuce wraps, but some are really low calories... but the differnce is really all in the sauce.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Brandy and eggnog. 320 calories for 4 oz eggnog and 2 oz brandy. Who can drink just one???? :'(
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My mom makes this AMAZING chocolate cake that I ask for every year for my birthday. When I started counting calories I was shocked to know that a small slice has more than 800 calories. It has no flour to bring the calories down. It has 4 bars of dark chocolate melted into it (400 grams) and the rest is butter, cream, sugar, eggs (mostly yolks) and finely ground hazelnuts.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Oh man, fries. I miss fries. :(

I did the cleverest thing ever, before losing weight, without realizing it.

We sometimes go to a bar/restaurant across the road from the rowing club after we row. They have *beer battered fries* that are possibly the best in the entire world. I used to order them often, and got several of my (thinner) rowing buddies hooked.

Nowadays, I never order them. But occasionally, my rowing buddies still do. And since they're smart enough not to eat a whole order on their own, they share them with the table . . . including me. It's still calorific if I eat only a few of them, but it's at least within the realm of manageable. ;)

My husband and I frequently share orders of fries :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    For me it's not really the calories, I'll adjust something, and I'll generally do it on a day I worked out and have the extra calories. The worst part about eating out is the crap ton of sodium in everything. I love subway, hell my favorite is a foot long steak and cheese on wheat. It has more than your entire day's allotment of sodium in one sandwich. Unreal. If you're eating out sometime and have an Applebees nearby, try their Lighter Fare menu items, some are awesome. My favorite is the Thai Shrimp Salad. 390 calories and it's hard to eat it all. Tons of sodium as usual though.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    My mom makes this AMAZING chocolate cake that I ask for every year for my birthday. When I started counting calories I was shocked to know that a small slice has more than 800 calories. It has no flour to bring the calories down. It has 4 bars of dark chocolate melted into it (400 grams) and the rest is butter, cream, sugar, eggs (mostly yolks) and finely ground hazelnuts.

I need a slice of this...!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Medium Dairy Queen Cookie Dough blizzard nearly broke my heart at the beginning-over 1000 calories for nonsense :'(
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have this great love for cheesy gordita crunches at Taco Bell. When I first started logging I looked up the calorie content and was quite sad because they're around 500 calories, but not sad enough to never eat them again. I savor every moment when I get one.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    shanahz wrote: »
    I have this great love for cheesy gordita crunches at Taco Bell. When I first started logging I looked up the calorie content and was quite sad because they're around 500 calories, but not sad enough to never eat them again. I savor every moment when I get one.

Me and Mexican pizzas. God, I love those things!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts. Ridiculous.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

It's one of the most amazing things! I just went back to take a look and it's more than 800 calories for a decently sized slice not a small one. Worth every single one of the 858 calories. It's basically a thick chocolate mousse cake between two thin "sponge cakes" made from toasted hazelnut flour, covered with chocolate glaze (which is basically just melted chocolate mixed with heavy cream).
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Java chiller at Sonic. I remember the mini size was like 580 calories. Sigh. :s
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I need the recipe!
  • amusedmonkey
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I need the recipe!

I have the ingredients in MFP recipes, but I will have to ask mom for the steps. Preparation is a little bit involved.

ETA:
    Who knew! She got it from the internet and conveniently there is a version of that website in English! No need for me to write the whole thing! The only changes she made was dry-roast the ground hazelnuts, use dark chocolate, increase the amount of chocolate in the mousse, and use chocolate shavings over the glaze.
    http://videoculinary.com/recipe/daniella-torte/
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Oh, and we already know this, but starbucks specialty drinks. I had a reward on my card this morning, so I'm not getting that cheap black coffee, I'm getting a $6 venti peppermint mocha. 540 calories. I knew it was going to be bad but eeeeesh! I try to keep my breakfast calories under 400, so needless to say, coffee was breakfast this morning, lol. Glad I'm going to the gym today. And I plan to get there earlier to get more time in, lol.