Ask a mortician

Options

Replies

• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    there was a cool x files episode with a guy that collects hair from the dead ppl at his funeral home and made a really creepy doll. Ever done that or checked out the goods?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi knocking on, death's door here! So what're the dating standards, of someone; whom deals with dead people in varies states of decay? I mean obviously on average a man whom works with living supermodels, won't be attracted to me because I am a chubby cripple, with awful cellulite, scared & stretched skin but I'd like to believe that I am still more attractive, than a dissected corpse because at least my insides're still, on the inside lol! So're the standards minimal, like at least they, have life in their eyes because that's pretty much, all that I have; to offer a man lol? I figure if someone's able to handle, the sight of deceased gore; that they should be able to deal better with gore that's alive! I mean after him having, to view that all day; I'd be hot right & without him, having to drink until I'm hot because otherwise that might lead, to a fatal amount of alcohol poisoning?
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My ex has a titanium femur. If he were to be cremated, would it survive?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have titanium in me that'll survive a creamation? :s

How busy are you typically? Is there a season where your services are needed more often?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Are the ashes from each cremation kept separate? If so, how?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Is it challenging to prepare the body following organ donation?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Would you rather be cremated or buried and why?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    so, when a body is cremated- does it all go to ash? Or are there, like, bone chunks? And what do you do with the chunks if there are any?
    My Aunt died last year, and was cremated and my Uncle had her put in a Crystal Skull Vodka bottle- actually makes sense to me, it's a skull! Anyways, there were no chunky bits that I saw. So, what the oddest thing you've been asked to put ashes in?
    Also, what do you do with ashes that no one claims? Like, if the city pays to have a homeless person cremated?
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What kind of schooling/training did you need for your job? Are there entry level jobs in that line of work?
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This is fascinating.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Are the ashes from each cremation kept separate? If so, how?

This is a good question.. like when you cremate someone, are their special measures taken to ensure that their ashes don't mix with the last guy in the oven? If I have a loved one cremated and I receive their ashes, is it definitely 100% uncle Bob, or is it mostly Uncle Bob, with a bit of 100's of other folks mixed in?
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I'm curious this as well..I've never liked the idea of being cremated..but that's just me.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I'm curious this as well..I've never liked the idea of being cremated..but that's just me.

But... but worm food

Speaking of, is that really a thing? I mean, between the tightly closed casket and embalming fluids?
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Never thought of the possibilities of where my ashes could be scattered...but that sounds appealing.