The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Buckyz22
    Buckyz22 Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Don...48..feel free to add me...log on everyday..
  • zennerd7
    zennerd7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday middle agents! Just wondering why MFP doesn't subtract calories for strength training. I entered all kinds of weight training I did today but it didn't register. Rookie mistake?
  • sanjoyforever
    sanjoyforever Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there at 46
  • Mom2gramma
    Mom2gramma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    58 and trying to get to a healthy weight and lifestyle. Motivation is always excepted. Free free to add me.
  • MileHighNene
    MileHighNene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just joined today but this seems to be the place for me. :) Please feel free to add me... I can use all the support.
  • aliciasolis
    aliciasolis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! In my 30s. Please add me.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    zennerd7 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday middle agents! Just wondering why MFP doesn't subtract calories for strength training. I entered all kinds of weight training I did today but it didn't register. Rookie mistake?

Even though calories burned via strength training isn't very accurate, some calories burned should have been registered by MFP. How did you log your weight training?
  • TeresaOsborn11
    TeresaOsborn11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to the site, but haven't logged in for awhile. I'm 44, have a very demanding job, and have a hard time finding workout time. I bought a house and tore out the kitchen, and found it's EXTREMELY hard to keep up on things when you don't have a kitchen. But...I set up a great home gym in one of the bedrooms, got a personal trainer friend to give me a workout routine tailored to my equipment, and am ready to get back in the groove!!! Add me to your friend list...let's commiserate together about middle age, and get motivated together!!!
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I love "middle agents"! Ha!

To answer your question, in order to log calories for strength training, you have to search for strength training under the cardiovascular category rather than the strength category. I hope that helps!
  • lcatala2012
    lcatala2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just started today but have a long way to go. I had lost 85 lbs about 2 years ago and stupidly put it back on. Appreciate have a group I can chat with in my age range. I'm 59 and need to lose so I can ease up on the various parts of me that have arthritis. I am divorced so it's just myself I have to deal with as far as what foods I eat. Look forward to reading everyone's point of view and experiences.
  • milesgmfp
    milesgmfp Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi all! At the wrong end of 45. Trying lost of exercise (cycling/running) and intermittent fasting. Finding it hard!! :/ Add away, UK and East Anglia
  • zennerd7
    Options

Even though calories burned via strength training isn't very accurate, some calories burned should have been registered by MFP. How did you log your weight training?

Thanks for your help! I logged it under strength and searched for the various types of weight training I did. I guess I shouldn't worry too much - the results should show up in the scale and in the mirror eventually!
  • zennerd7
    Options

I love "middle agents"! Ha!

To answer your question, in order to log calories for strength training, you have to search for strength training under the cardiovascular category rather than the strength category. I hope that helps!

Yeah whoops! Typo! Thanks for your help. I'll take your advice for next time!
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just turned 35... and its the most active I have ever been! feel free to add me.
  • MeredithDeVoe1
    MeredithDeVoe1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey, 54 here and losing fat (but would like to lose weight too!). Please add me! Thanks.
  • askgenie
    askgenie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and FABULOUS!! Just getting started and would like to be 50, fit and fabulous! Add away middle agents!
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! Have a fabulous week and remember we are rock stars and going to kill it.
  • marine200198
    marine200198 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    40 next year. In better shape than my 20s, but keeping my body from falling apart is the real challenge these days.
  • DomCraigKing
    DomCraigKing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just popping in again, not lost weight this week but losing inches instead which is just as good ! Love this help I am receiving from you all directly or otherwise. I know if I can do this you all can too. B)