The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Itisneeded
    Itisneeded Posts: 147 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    59 for one month yet, and then it's over. Still, I'm looking for people to encourage. Can I still join for the leftover month?
  • CookieRogers64
    CookieRogers64 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there, almost 52 and fighting back...... need support and inspiration to keep going x
  • fjj1203
    fjj1203 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just turned 39. I've been on and off MFP for a few years. I love strength training and loathe cardio.
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm in the upper limits of 'middle' age- for 51 to be the middle, I'd have to live to be 102- but I'd like to join your thread.
    I suspect that slimming is slightly different for us than for those in their teens/early twenties.
    I'm low-carbing the past 18 months but not no-carbing. I've lost 4 stone though slipped up over Thanksgiving week quite a bit and put on about five pounds.
    That will take me ten weeks to lose again.

• TeKr1967
    TeKr1967 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add .. Chronologically advancing in year. Biologically may be regressing ( in a positive way )
  • ckfromedmonton
    ckfromedmonton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    56 in two weeks. Add me!
    I am a long term (not consistent) mfp user. Achilles heel is red wine!! And cheese. Trying to lose 10-15 pounds. I strength train 3x weekly and swim or jog when I can fit it in. Just increased my calories to 1350. Been restricting too long so it's hard to make progress. Hi everyone!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    40 next year. In better shape than my 20s, but keeping my body from falling apart is the real challenge these days.

Congrats on your fitness!

As I've aged, the amount of overhead time added to my workouts to remain healthy has gone way up. Proper warm ups/cool downs, consistent stretching, foam rolling routines and other related stuff like yoga have become a regular part of my routine. Its a bit time consuming, but losing weeks or months to an injury is much worse.

• BillAmI
    BillAmI Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Right on! Count me in and sign me up!
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Ray_Libby. I am good with Christmas eating until I go to my mom's just smelling her food adds 5 lbs. Everyone have a terrific day!
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    43 here
  • Melo_65
    Melo_65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to mfp. How do you add folks? I'm soon to be 52 and finally seriously trying to lose weight. Started out at my highest ever weight of 295. I'm down to 250. It. Is. hard. I've had setbacks physically with my spine, but even through pain I'm trying to really do it all: mind, body and spirit. Anyoneay add me if you know how. I'm here to support anyone and for support.
  • mcoby88
    mcoby88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello - I'm 47, just joined recently had gastric sleeve surgery and excited about losing weight and getting healthy again.
  • mrsbrandyfoxe
    mrsbrandyfoxe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 37, divorced with about 40 pounds to lose.
  • AlisonAgnew50
    AlisonAgnew50 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 45 and looking for friends in the same age bracket. Please add me .