5' - 5'3" females- want to lose 25-30 lbs

Options

Replies

• catrina0789
    catrina0789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    add me!! im 5'1" cw:165 gw:130 im also new so the more friends i have the better for everyone!
  • DCRunnerGirl78
    DCRunnerGirl78 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm in, please add me...all of you! 5'3", currently 147. I'd love to get down to about 130, but I'll settle for just losing anything at all right now. I was doing great this time last year, but have gained it all back, and then some. I just need to know I'm not in this alone.
  • alexandrapavlik
    alexandrapavlik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 20 and my current weight is about 159lbs but would like to take it down to about 130lbs. Im 5´1". Feel free to add me!
  • alexpultz93
    alexpultz93 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 5'0", and had a baby two months ago. I'm 150 lbs currently, my comfortable weight has always been 117, but I'm shooting for 105 sense I felt like I looked amazing when I was there a couple years ago. I've been successful four years back using my fitness pal but I already feel myself loosing moment after a month of trying, so I definitely need the motivation. Already 20+ down, and at least 30 more to go.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Nice group to find. I've been struggling a lot recently. This is always a rough time of year for me (I suffer from SAD...then add in the constant march of cookies in December). I've officially hit my highest ever weight after yo-yoing back and forth about 10lbs or so all year. I need to get committed and stick it out! I've had a rough couple of years with some major life changes (most for the good, but still tough).

I'm embarrassed to post my weight, but most everyone else has. The funny thing is, most people don't realize I am as heavy as I am. Somewhere along the line, I got good enough genetics that allow me to carry my weight in a way that I'm really the only one who can REALLY tell that I'm heavier than I was. Soooo:

SW/CW: 177
    GW: roughly 140-150 (I'm actually not sure where I need to end up by weight, but I know what pants I want to fit again, and I THINK I was around this back then).
  • R4SNik
    R4SNik Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nice group to find. I've been struggling a lot recently. This is always a rough time of year for me (I suffer from SAD...then add in the constant march of cookies in December). I've officially hit my highest ever weight after yo-yoing back and forth about 10lbs or so all year. I need to get committed and stick it out! I've had a rough couple of years with some major life changes (most for the good, but still tough).

I'm embarrassed to post my weight, but most everyone else has. The funny thing is, most people don't realize I am as heavy as I am. Somewhere along the line, I got good enough genetics that allow me to carry my weight in a way that I'm really the only one who can REALLY tell that I'm heavier than I was. Soooo:

GW: roughly 140-150 (I'm actually not sure where I need to end up by weight, but I know what pants I want to fit again, and I THINK I was around this back then).

No reason to be embarrassed. We're all here because we want to lose weight and have a support structure. I'm proud of you for opening up.
    -Nikki
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    AmandaDanceMore, I'm another one of those "weight hiders". No one else has said anything to me about the latest 15, but I'm up a size or 2, and let's just say I'm not so stylish anymore. All of my cute clothes have big clothes mixed in. I'm kinda glad the weather is cooler and I don't feel as self-conscious. I couldn't fit into my shorts right now anyway. I appreciate your candidness and cheer you on to put in the hard work and make good choices.
  • carolejaye
    carolejaye Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Oh sweetheart! I am right there with you! My genetics don't allow me to carry my weight well. Plus it seems like I have a lot of muscle loss. Cannot get off the floor with wallering around and using furniture to help me up. Thanks for posting! So good to have friends in this!
  • m0rganaaaaa
    m0rganaaaaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! 5'2; 139 as of now. GW 120. I reached my goal a few years back, had a bad accident, couldn't work out blah blah blah. No real excuses this time. Happy to be back. All about the add!!!! Thanks for creating this thread!!!
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    R4SNik wrote: »
    I should have posted yesterday, but was a bit bummed

SW: 165
    PW: 135 (Wed not Sunday)
    CW: 135.6
    GW: 115

Weight last Sunday was 135.8, so on the week I lost. No more mid week weights for me. Twice the anxiety, not return on investment.

Nikki, I wrote a reply to your email but it looks like it didn't post. I see a weight loss of .2. I weigh almost everyday but I always consider my PW my weekly Sunday weigh in. Some people just like to weigh once a week. Either way, you LOST for the week.
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    _toyatip08 wrote: »
    I caught a stomach bug a couple of days ago...ugh! I'm much better now.

Glad you are feeling better! A couple of days of a really hard weight loss program. Hope you've dehydrated.
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Nikki, thanks for posing this question to the group. I'm chugging along. I've been walking more consistently and looking for a weekly step goal. I used a HRM for years and loved it but my Garmin is having problems with the data upload and I've learned Garmin is going to replace the watch I was going to buy, so I"m holding out for that and just going with steps.

I've been in a challenge with another person. Weekend challenge to see who gets the most step and Workweek to do the same. This motivates me. I've been out walking because I know my challenge partner will be looking. It is nice that we can see one another's data as soon as we turn on our Apps. 13,000 is the number I've now done for six days in a row. Prior to that I've had days as high as 20,000 but others were I did nothing. Making time for the regular exercise is important to my long term success. So, I'm working on it.
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    [/quote]It's my day to weigh in! We've been traveling (Christmas with my husband's fam on the West Coast!) so I was a little nervous because we've been eating out and I've been eating a lot of Mexican! So.... CW is 129.4! That's only a .2 gain-- and let me tell you, I'm going to cut it off there! Back on the plan! :D[/quote]

Traveling can be so hard. Its so much easier for me when nothing changes! Hope you made it back on the plan.
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    skinnymam wrote: »
    How is everyone doing?
    You don't want to know!!!
    Struggling, doing fine with the meals but snacking in between. Everywhere I look in work there are tins of sweets on people's desk. We've already gotten through 2 tins of luxury chocolate biscuits in the house since last week!
    The thing is I feel bloody awful!
    I will say I don't seem to be as bad as previous years I know I'm only going over by a few 100 calls each day but I can feel it already. The thing is this time of year is so bloody weird, my routine in work and at home is all over the place.
    I'm still going to track everyday just to stay in the habit.
    Oh and the wine

It is great that you feel awful! :wink: Sounds like your body is no longer use to the sugar/oil, etc - whatever it is reacting to. Its nice when office groups start a health challenge right before Thanksgiving and extend it till Jan. 1st. Helps get all that junk out of the office. Maybe if some of us are still here next year we should see if we can make that happen in our own environments. Give us a little insurance against our great 2016 and 2017 losses.
  • Rebecca512787
    Options
    By the way, taking my chances and weighing in on Sunday. I'm such a noob I don't even know how to "join" this group. Perhaps just by commenting I've already done so. Instructions from someone please (and thanks)?

I'll add you to the little list I started. One or two other people also put their day. I"ll add them as well.
    Many people have friended one another and chat there. My preference is to post and reply here. Only have to check one place. :smile:
  • Rebecca512787
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi All!

This group is on motivation and support but what does that mean? I'd like to have a bit of exchange on what is motivating and supporting for you from people who are online. What kind of support and motivation are you hoping to get here?

I've come to realize I'm motivated when a the person replies to messages about my weigh-ins. The little Likes, Awesome and Inspiring are really nice but they don't have a name with them. So it an anonymous, rather than personal.

Most of my weight loss has been solo. I think I"m looking for a little community here of regular posters who reply with short personal messages. They are also posting weekly themselves. My thinking in starting the list of days people post is to limit who I'm watching for and then that list will be trimmed because many people won't continue.

One thing I love about this list - and it is another motivator - is there are people my height who are also small framed - judging by the GW. I joined WW many years ago when I had 15 pounds left to lose. I joined so I'd have the weekly accountability after I made my goal. Unfortunately, as I achieved a weight that was fabulously for me, I was harassed about my weight being too low every time I went. It was embarrassing and made me angry. The joy of my accomplishment was turned into a negative. So I quit going. I'm to blame for my weight gain. Just trying to create better systems this go round!

What motivates you?
  • chrismeme
    chrismeme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nikki. I was very successful on here 2 years ago and got down to 108. Work and depression took their toll and I'm back up to 140. Need so friends to help keep me grounded. GW: 120

I went down to about 107ish, back up to 130 as of last week. 5'1. Hoping for weights for Christmas! Friend me
  • leslie_shoemaker
    leslie_shoemaker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'3" here with a long term weight loss of 30 pounds. Sending friend request! Would love to connect with others who will hold me accountable.

Hi, I am looking for some motivational friends. Who wants to lose 25 ish lbs. I am 31 yo currently weigh 154 lbs. My goal weight is 130 ish lbs. Anyone with similar stats, feel free to add me...

• R4SNik
    Options
    I weighed a few days early to avoid a bloated Christmas weight. I plan on eating maintenance the next few days.

SW: 165
    PW: 135.6
    CW: 134.0
  • R4SNik
    Options
    Hi All!

This group is on motivation and support but what does that mean? I'd like to have a bit of exchange on what is motivating and supporting for you from people who are online. What kind of support and motivation are you hoping to get here?

I've come to realize I'm motivated when a the person replies to messages about my weigh-ins. The little Likes, Awesome and Inspiring are really nice but they don't have a name with them. So it an anonymous, rather than personal.

What motivates you?

I like for people to comment on my wall/newsfeed. It makes me feel like someone other than myself cares how I'm doing. I do check this message board daily so that work to, but I find it hard to keep up with people.