Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    My partner got me a beautiful ring... That I was only able to wear for a few months before it became noticeable too small. I'm determined to fit into that again :)
  • EmmaMcwhinnie
    EmmaMcwhinnie Posts: 52 Member
    A few weeks ago several things happened. I went to the doctors for a check up and they weighed me and I could see on the computer screen that horrible BMI number of mine 0.3 away from being obese.
    The doctor told me I needed to swap out my snacks for healthy snacks and I though 'I don't even have snacks!'
    My housemate commented on how much toast I was having for breakfast.
    I had to send back a lot of clothes I'd ordered because I was bigger than I thought I was.
    I started panicking about what I'd look like on my wedding day. I don't like having photos taken of me as it is, and thinking I'm too big to have this whole day (partly) all about me gives me fat fear.

Three weeks in and I haven't eaten any bread and I've lost nearly 3kg. I have smaller meals and healthy snacks in between time. I have gone from 2 sugars and milk to black coffee. I'm best friends with my scales. It's bloody hard work feeling hungry all the time and not being a piggy after a long day.

TLDR: doctor, clothes too small, wedding.
  • failte32
    failte32 Posts: 3 Member
    To be happy with myself, healthier, do not get cancer or any other illness....
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    my sugar spiked really high and i ended up in the hospital, my weight was the highest it's ever been, it was a terrible feeling so I knew I had to make a change. I also wanna look like a god.
  • bunnyrides09
    bunnyrides09 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 40 something today. I'm in pretty good shape for my age. I want to stay healthy and be here as long as possible. Won't hurt to cut a few pounds, but MFP helps me manage my weight too. Good tool.
  • Melemur
    Melemur Posts: 95 Member
    My story is a tad bit boring but my weight is going up and up and I was just not happy with my self so I started this weight loss journey
  • amanda_deanne
    amanda_deanne Posts: 38 Member
    I don`t remember having an aha moment when I decided to lose weight. I just realized one day that I didn`t have to be fat anymore. It`s pretty boring when said that way, haha.
    I joined MFP in 2012, logged every single thing I ate and lost 70 pounds in about 7/8 months. I maintained that for about two years even though I never quite reached my goal, and now I`m back and ready to lose the last 20 pounds of the baby weight gained from back to back pregnancies, and maybe a little more.
  • LizIsBack86
    LizIsBack86 Posts: 61 Member
    my daughter started to crawl and I had to take breaks and catch my breathe. That was my you need to loose weight moment
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    I saw a picture from an event I attended... and it wasn't pretty. Until then I knew I needed to lose weight but was telling myself I looked fine for 185lbs, and that it didn't show that much I had put on all that weight. Uhmmm, NOT! Lol
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Back in 2010 I started to notice that I had stretch marks and even through I went to my college summer ball and I hated it because I thought everybody was looking at me and yet it still took me four years before I took any action and that was because I was feeling sick and tired of being the quite overweight girl who would sit down all the time and stuff my face.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    I went in for a physical this past summer and my doctor told me I'm officially overweight. I've always been a pretty slender guy, so hearing that was a bit of a rude awakening. Ah, the joys of forty-something life....
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    I went in for a physical this past summer and my doctor told me I'm officially overweight. I've always been a pretty slender guy, so hearing that was a bit of a rude awakening. Ah, the joys of forty-something life....

@CafeRacer808 Don't worry, I am now in the obese category... Just a few pounds from overweight but still!! Like you said... Rude awakening!!
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    I found a stretch mark on my thigh, my jackets felt tighter, I could no longer fit into my size 9 shorts, I looked really big in pictures. I had that realization about a year ago. 30 pounds down and I feel so much happier, prettier, and more confident!
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Cheers to healthier happy lives in 2017!!
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    CaitKilla wrote: »
    I found a stretch mark on my thigh, my jackets felt tighter, I could no longer fit into my size 9 shorts, I looked really big in pictures. I had that realization about a year ago. 30 pounds down and I feel so much happier, prettier, and more confident!

Keep up the great work! !

• sonstott63
    sonstott63 Posts: 19 Member
    I was always one that was super small. Then I was put on medication which helped one part of me but then I would slowly gain weight from it. I always worked out but never ate right either. I would get on the scale occasionally and see "oh another five pounds added." But didn't physically see it until i compared pictures and here I am trying to lose 25 pounds after already losing ten.