Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• nubianQueen02
    nubianQueen02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    forgive myself and find strength to carry on.
  • rypstorm
    rypstorm Posts: 63 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    rypstorm wrote: »
    1. >250 steps every hour on Fitbit from 9-4:00 :)
    2. Cardio workout tonight :)
    3. Stay within 3% of my macro goals :)
    4. Start cleaning up at 4:25 so I'm out the door at 4:30 : :( meeting went later than expected
    5. No Toyblast at work - even in the bathroom :)

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Have been a horrible tracker lately. I would really just like to track everything Monday-Friday this week.

Tuesday:
    1. Finish and pre-track exercise plan for the week
    2. Track all food
    3. 40 situps at home
    4. 2+ hours Latin social dancing
    5. 10+ cups water
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - ABSOLUTELY NO unhealthy snacks
    -Low calorie dinner (am allowed small piece of cheesecake if I have not eaten snacks)
    - G&T only, no wine (and one water for each)

- 30 min lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't procrastinate even though it's nearly Christmas; get stuff done
    - Work through tasks calmly, one at a time

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm really struggling at the moment. There is so much tasty food around and willpower has gone through the floor!

Really going to try to make the last few days before Christmas good ones. There's going to be plenty of time to overeat at actual Christmas - if I eat like a pig for several weeks in a row, I'll put it all back and more!

And I really don't want that - I feel good at the weight I've reached, was able to wear a short clingy dress at work Christmas party and that felt amazing.

Need to remember how good that felt to help me STAY STRONG!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments -
    Don't know about anyone else, but I'm really struggling at the moment. There is so much tasty food around and willpower has gone through the floor!

Really going to try to make the last few days before Christmas good ones. There's going to be plenty of time to overeat at actual Christmas - if I eat like a pig for several weeks in a row, I'll put it all back and more!

And I really don't want that - I feel good at the weight I've reached, was able to wear a short clingy dress at work Christmas party and that felt amazing.

Need to remember how good that felt to help me STAY STRONG!!

I totally get it! I've been struggling for the past week and have hardly even been on here. I have to try to do my best and then hop back on the wagon next week. We have 20-some people coming here on Saturday for Christmas Eve and I have been baking up a storm. SO HARD NOT TO "TASTE" EVERYTHING! UGH! I think I undid all the good I did last week. I weigh in tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. So, yes, I do understand and feel the same way.

CONGRATS on the short clingy dress though! That's a HUGE success! You should be proud of that.

Tracie in Wisconsin
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    J4T - Wednesday
    1. Try not to eat anything I shouldn't. TRY!!!! TRY REALLY HARD!
    2. Get 30 minutes of activity in, and NO, shopping doesn't count.
    3. Wrap presents tonight.
    4. Finish shopping this afternoon
    5. Do something nice for someone anonymously
    6. Really enjoy my husband's company tonight, really be present.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Have been a horrible tracker lately. I would really just like to track everything Monday-Friday this week.

Tuesday:
    1. Finish and pre-track exercise plan for the week :)
    2. Track all food :)
    3. 40 situps at home :(
    4. 2+ hours Latin social dancing :smiley: danced really hard for 4 hours
    5. 10+ cups water :)

Wednesday:
    1. Track all food
    3. 60 situps
    4. Swim a mile
    5. 10+ cups water
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Ok, so I made it through until 4pm yesterday before cracking and eating office snacks. That was totally emotional driven - I had just discovered yet another problem I was going to have to sort out and it was like 'oh sod it....'

Went downhill from there really, I ended up ordering unhealthy options in my evening out and went for wine even though I wasn't supposed to.

Having said that, let's look at the positives:
    - I made it to 4pm without cracking - a massive improvement on recently!
    - I did switch to low cal g&t halfway through my evening
    - Lunch was very low calorie

Today I'm really going to do it! Not going out this evening so all I need to do is resist the snacks in the office.

Trying something new: I'll buy a 100 cal chocolate bar to eat at the end of the day if I've managed not to eat them. If I have eaten them, i have to throw it in the bin.... let's see if this works!

So that's my only commitment for the day: DON'T EAT THE SNACKS!!!

• bookmeister86
    Options
    @OConnell5483 thanks for your support - comforting to know I'm not the only one struggling! Good luck for your weigh in - hopefully it's not as bad as you expect. I weighed in this morning and it was less than I expected - the way I've been eating it could well have been half a stone... but was about 4 lb in the end. You might be lucky too! My weigh in wasn't too far away from a stone barrier that I don't want to go back over though so that's quite motivating to try harder!

Sarah
  • margaritayniguez
    margaritayniguez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am going to go to bed early and get a good night sleep.
  • azulvioleta6
    edited December 2016
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. Track all food :)
    3. 60 situps :(
    4. Swim a mile :( decided that sleep was a more urgent health need than exercise
    5. 10+ cups water :)

Thursday:
    1. Track all food
    2. Under 75G carbs
    3. 60 situps
    4. Weight workout
    5. 10+ cups water
  • kipwi
    kipwi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    1.) don't eat any of the cookies and treats in the break room!
    2.) come home for lunch instead of going out
    3.) power through leg day!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Thursday:
    1. Track all food :smile:
    2. Under 75G carbs :smile:
    3. 60 situps :smile:
    4. Weight workout : also did an hour of belly dancing
    5. 10+ cups water :) 14

Friday:
    1. Track all food
    2. Under 100 G carbs
    3. 40 sit-ups
    4. Swim a mile
    5. At least two hours Latin social dance
    6. 12+ cups water
  • Tnguy865
    Tnguy865 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dailey core de force workout , weight and stretching. Cut out breads and refined sugars ! Stay mentally tuff !oh get my water in , is a must !
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Today I'm going to be good - not going out today, so can give myself a rest from all the December eating!

Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - No alcohol
    - Stay within calories. It's probably the only day over the holidays that this will be possible, so bloody do it!!!
    - plan when to do things over the holidays
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Well, you know I've been bad when I don't log on here for 4 days! UGH. I take a few steps forward and immediately go back 5. Holidays are really hard to not overeat...

Just For Today: Tuesday, 12/27:
    1. Eat only what is on my plan and journal EVERY bite. Yes, only one tiny cookie DOES count!
    2. 30 minutes of activity today
    3. Smile and try not to be irritated with colleagues or students today. It's not their fault I'm tired because I stayed up too late last night.
    4. Hide all holiday baked goods out of my sight when I get home tonight. Better yet, have husband hide them from me.
    5. HYDRATE with WATER!
    6. Pack tomorrow's breakfast and lunch, tonight.
    7. Gratitude journal

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just For Today: Tuesday, 12/27:
    1. Eat only what is on my plan and journal EVERY bite. Yes, only one tiny cookie DOES count! :s
    2. 30 minutes of activity today :s
    3. Smile and try not to be irritated with colleagues or students today. It's not their fault I'm tired because I stayed up too late last night. :)
    4. Hide all holiday baked goods out of my sight when I get home tonight. Better yet, have husband hide them from me. :s
    5. HYDRATE with WATER! :/
    6. Pack tomorrow's breakfast and lunch, tonight. :/
    7. Gratitude journal :/

Wow. Zero of 7. A new low for me! Trying desperately to get back on track and having a horrible time. But here goes...trying again today.

JFT - Wednesday, 12/28
    1. Eat only what is on my plan and journal EVERY bite.
    2. 30 minutes of activity today
    3. Smile and try not to let small stuff annoy me today.
    4. Ask my husband to hide Christmas cookies and goodies from me. Out of sight, out of mind.
    5. HYDRATE with WATER!
    6. Get ready for tomorrow, tonight.
    7. Gratitude journal

Have a great day everyone!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    OK, back to tracking and setting goals today!

Wednesday:
    1. under 100G carbs
    2. weight workout
    3. 60 situps
    4. ten pushups (need to be back in practice for Zumba Strong)
    5. at least an hour of Latin social dance (bachata)
    6. 10+ cups water
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday, 12/28
    1. Eat only what is on my plan and journal EVERY bite. :)
    2. 30 minutes of activity today :( Had physical therapy on my ankle and foot yesterday and could hardly move! Still hurting today. So, I will give myself a break on this one. Maybe tonight?
    3. Smile and try not to let small stuff annoy me today. :)
    4. Ask my husband to hide Christmas cookies and goodies from me. Out of sight, out of mind. :D
    5. HYDRATE with WATER! ;) Kinda...not as much as I should have but I did stop the coffee earlier in the day.
    6. Get ready for tomorrow, tonight. :) Got to work in time for my morning meeting and didn't get held up trying to pack a lunch. Yea! Good thing, because it was with my boss.
    7. Gratitude journal o:) Done deal! Felt good to think about happy things that have been happening rather than focusing on the bad. The bad gets way too much of my energy some days!

Just for Today: Thursday 12/29
    1. Eat only what is on my plan. No CRAP shall pass these lips. LOL!
    2. Hydrate!
    3. Compliment my colleagues. Lift them up, not put them down like so many others are doing right now. Negativity helps nobody and solves nothing. Do not get caught up in it. Happy thoughts!
    4. Activity for 30 minutes tonight
    5. Set up my work station at home tonight so I can work from my home office tomorrow.
    6. Bed one hour early to wind down, unplug and journal or read.

• margaritayniguez
    margaritayniguez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it!