30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• smilegirl4585
    Options
    I just completed day 2 level one. I did better than yesterday and feel great after doing it!
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Which muscles hurt most for you guys? I notice my thighs and arms are the most sore... I feel like I'm getting good 1 minute ab workouts in, but my tummy muscles don't hurt much. Anybody else notice that?

I'm not too sore afterwards...but I can tell my chest muscles are definitely worked with doing pushups everyday. My shoulders hurt the most in this workout, even the first shoulder move (squat+press) gets me...it feels like the smaller shoulder muscles in there are being worked rather than the larger ones, which is fine! It just hurts! Lol...and of course the anterior raises! I use 5lb weights for them and have to take a mini-break each time. My goal for tomorrow is to do each set all the way through!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1 D5, why isn't it getting easier? Shouldn't I b able to do all the cardio wiithout stopping? On D1 I did the whole thing no breaks now I can't... does that even make sense?

It could be muscle fatigue, or your muscles aren't getting properly warmed up so they are still tight from the day before. I've been making sure I eat something with quick carbs like half a banana about 30 min before I start and doing some extra cardio to warm up so I have the energy to give it my all. I found if I didn't do this I'd wimp (more) at the beginning because my body just wasn't ready yet.
  • Abbietara
    Abbietara Posts: 30
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1, shoulders hurt with weights, knees hurt all the time. My clothes are feeling loose. Weigh in is Sunday, I think I need to take my measurements again. Even if I am not losing the weight I must be changing inches.

I sure wish we could read these Message Boards from our Phones. My internet at home is so slow and the longer I am on the slower they make it. I hate satellite, but when you live in the country that is your only choice. I guess the wildlife makes up for it.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    After tonight just 25 more to go. I'm really hoping to do it without a break, but we'll see. Anyone interested in taking a week or so off after the Shred and then trying to do a Ripped challenge for August/September?

Maybe, if I'm still alive then. :)

Agreed, I am chugging my way through...not sure if it is getting easier or not. Depending if I do the exercise in the morning or after work really seems to make a huge difference in my endurance. However, just can't fit it in in the morning of a workday. So after work, it will have to be! I am interested in Ripped though!
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 10 finished. I did my day 9 after dinner last night and then day 10 this morning. I seemed a little tired and some of the things were harder to do, like the anterior raises with the side lounge. Not sure if because I did them only 14 hours apart vs. 24 hours apart. So I think I will give level 2 a try tomorrow and see how bad it is, lol! I will let you all know! Have a great day!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D5.. and like the poster before me I did L1D4 late last night... so 12 hours apart lol. I've only got 5lb weights so opted out of using those for anterior raises (w/side lunge) today as even on a good day I have issues getting through all of them with the 5lb ones. I used two 15oz veggie cans instead lol... did all of them and still had burning so figure that's good.
    I got curious this morning before doing the dvd and took some quick measurements (bust, waist at BB, and hips)... down a total of 2" off of just those 3 after just 4 days(1" off the waist!!)!! Super excited to see the end result. I can't wait for level 2 to be honest.. I'm getting a bit bored with level 1, although it's still making me sweat and burn lol.
  • ljacksn3
    ljacksn3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello All... Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Finished D8L1 today, and was proud of myself because for the first time I didn't whimp out on a single thing. Those side lunges and anterior raises were difficult (and burned like hell), but I did them proudly with my 5 lb weights!

Almost didn't work out this morning. Got some frustrating news at work yesterday, and it's pulled me into a funk. Stressed out for sure at work, but I found working out this morning gave me 20 minutes just for myself and not anything else. This is was a refreshing feeling. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I've never had so many people cheer me on for something, and it's an awesome feeling.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1, shoulders hurt with weights, knees hurt all the time. My clothes are feeling loose. Weigh in is Sunday, I think I need to take my measurements again. Even if I am not losing the weight I must be changing inches.

I sure wish we could read these Message Boards from our Phones. My internet at home is so slow and the longer I am on the slower they make it. I hate satellite, but when you live in the country that is your only choice. I guess the wildlife makes up for it.

I'm on my phone reading them now. You just have to use the browser instead of the phone app.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just finished D6 of L1 today - I'm finally starting to feel less sore - hoorah! Also, I think my endurance for the weights is getting better, especially on the squat thrusts.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 9 of level 1. One more day before I move up to level 2 and I haven't even had nerve enough to look at it yet.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1 D5, why isn't it getting easier? Shouldn't I b able to do all the cardio wiithout stopping? On D1 I did the whole thing no breaks now I can't... does that even make sense?

I have a really hard time with the first cardio circuit. I don't know why, but I am done with day 7 and I still have a struggle. Once I get through that I am fine.
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    I did Day 7 L1 today. I still struggle with the first cardio circuit, but I know I am doing better because I am doing full squats and getting stronger on the ab moves. I need to get weights that are a little heavier for some of the moves.

I have lost another pound, so that is 3 pounds since starting. Can't complain about that!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Day 7 is done! I have lost almost 4 pounds so far since doing the shred. :noway:
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else as old as me on here? Everyone I see looks young. I'm 54. I'm the senior citizen of the group.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else as old as me on here? Everyone I see looks young. I'm 54. I'm the senior citizen of the group.

Not quite. I'm 58.
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1 Done! I still hate her :)
  • lildietitian
    lildietitian Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yahhhh!! Day 5 of level 1 DONE!! Gotta try to get it done every day!
  • dustyhockeymom
    Options
    I just realized today was day 8 not 7. That means I will be moving up really soon. I'm not sure I'm ready but I am going to try after day 10. I can always go back down to level 1 if I can't do level 2.
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Not quite. I'm 58.

Guess we are the seniors here...I am 56.5....lol had to throw in that .5......................only wish it was weight loss. Darn scale just won't move and if it does, then a couple days later it moves right back! Stuck!