Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! :)

You can do it, @MermaidPrincessRach!!

I've been bringing my lunch to work for the past five weeks (since I transitioned from meal replacement products to providing my own food), and I still kind of resent having to take the time. But packing it the night before isn't an option because I have a turkey sandwich every day and I hate cold bread, so every morning it is! I've been working from home this week, and it's been awesome to make my lunch at lunchtime.

One of the things I've discovered about myself on this journey is that I am very much an immediate gratification person. I've never been one to set long-term goals or work toward long-term benefits, either personally, professionally, or financially. I want something and I have the money right now? Get it, and if there's an emergency later I'll deal with it then. Same with food. It's never affected anyone but me, though, so I never had any motivation to change. At 45 I've finally started to mature in that area, in all aspects of my life, but it's still a struggle at times. So it can be hard to remember that I'm making better choices today so that I'm happier and healthier in 2 (or 3 or 4) months, not necessarily tomorrow. Especially when the results -- while there -- are barely noticeable day-to-day.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can do it @MermaidPrincessRach !!

I've been doing really well with my year end goal. I got below 200, right after Halloween and have kept below. I might jump up above for a day or two but then I'm mindful of what I eat and how much water I drink and I go back down. This has great way to enjoy the holiday season without going too far over board. Usually a day where I go crazy and eat too much or eat a lot of sweets turns into two days which then what is the point of weighing in that week. And if I'm not weighing in I might as well keep over indulging. This season I've been weighing in everyday (my scale is a digital one that goes to the tenth of a pound) so each day is a new day.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,911 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I have been trying interval walking recently. Really, I'd like to be running, but that is too stenuous on me right now. I go out for my coffee stroll most mornings after I feed my kitties. And when I finish my coffee (don't want to spill my coffee :wink: ), about a thrid of the way around the block, then I do my intervals- 30sec fast walking, 30sec stroll... all the way home. My trip around the block is 0.7mile and it use to take me over 20min to complete but with speed walking intervals it is cut by about 4min so far. :smile:
  • Dalceridae
    Dalceridae Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great work @MermaidPrincessRach !

I've been taking advantage of my time off for the holidays to go for long walks with my dog. A week ago, a long walk on the beach left me exhausted, but today the same walk just felt good. Have to work on controlling my eating a bit when I come back though. Today I was starving by time I came home and just wanted to eat everything in sight. Cooked a couple of eggs and trying to convince myself to wait a bit until my stomach catches up with my brain.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Dalceridae --One thing I love about walking is how quickly we can build endurance. That's great that you are already reaping the benefits. What kind of dog do you have? My Gunner is a boxer/shepherd mix, and boy does he motivate me to get out for those walks--meaning he bugs the crap out of me until I take him. LOL

@rach-- intervals are perfect to improve your walking speed and endurance. When you are ready, you can use the same idea to start running. I used couch to 5k when I first started running, and I still do intervals when I'm trying to get to a faster pace. I don't really know much about the DASH diet--you'll have to keep us posted on how it goes for you.

@trinati2001 --I also try to weigh in every day b/c I find that when I neglect to do so, the pounds can creep back on. Also, research shows that people at a healthy weight are more likely to weigh themselves daily.

@Misnomer971 --I agree it can be so hard to stick with the program and wait for the results. I have that issue with running. With other forms of exercise, like weight lifting, the improvements come so quickly. I can increase my weights by a little bit weekly, but with running, it seems to take forever to increase my pace and endurance. Of course, then I get discouraged and slack off on my training. As a result, my 5k pace has been the same for the past few years.

AFM--Food has been good though I've been neglectful about logging. I really need to get back to that.

Friday Fitness:
    This week has been pretty good. I skipped walking gunner yesterday b/c it was super windy, but I made it to the gym where I lifted and did a mile on the treadmill and another 10 minutes on the arc trainer. I already walked gunner today and will do the ab video tonight. I am definitely getting better at it, and I have even moved to the more difficult level for one of the exercises.

Tuesday Goals:
    1. Clean fish tank DONE
    2. Buy new throw rug for entryway
    3. Buy xmas present for neighbors son DONE

Grading Goals:
    4. 2/39 Scarlet Letter papers
    5. revise 1st semester AP final exam
    6. write Japan essay

Exercise Goals:
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE + ab video DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + ab video NOT DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE TWICE + gym NOT DONE + ab video DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE + ab video NOT DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner DONE + ab video
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym + ab video
    Sun-- walk gunner + ab video
  • Dalceridae
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound I have a border collie/setter cross. She has sooooo much energy, so she loves the long walks.

Feeling very annoyed at myself. I had completed my food diary for today after dinner and hadn't eaten most of my exercise calories back (as I ate well above maintenance for several days during Christmas). I was watching a movie with my husband, and he opened a bag of my favourite crisps. I wasn't even hungry, but I ate at least half the bag :( I don't want to eat more than 50% of my exercise calories back as people say MFP overestimates, but there went my deficit for the day.

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say Happy New Year to everyone who posts to RobinEgg's Thread ... So, Happy New Year ... soon.

It was interesting @Dalceridae that you mentioned eating back just 50% of exercise calories ... I just happened to read something the other day that put another spin on why not to eat them all back ... because the calorie burn from the exercise includes your normal burn on top of the exercise activity burn, so if you eat back all your exercise calories you will be, in fact, eating back twice as much ... the calories of your normal burn are included in your BMR ... The doctor who explained it was much more eloquent than I am, but it made much sense to me when he explained it.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    GOODBYE 2016!!!

As ya'll might remember, my goal is to be below 300lbs on Jan1st. This morning I weighed 301.4 :grimace: nail-biting suspense! Will I make it by my deadline?

What's everyone's plans for tonight? Party? Fireworks? Champgn? JGTB? :lol: (just go to bed) That's me! LOL I'm a morning person so I will be up bright and early New Year's Day. But for those staying up, I hear there will be a comet in the night sky!
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can make it, @MermaidPrincessRach!

But you know what? Even if you don't, I think getting to 301 is a HUGE accomplishment!! :)

It's never mattered to me to be out on NYE: I usually just stay up to watch the ball drop, then go to bed. I may need to take a nap today in order to stay up tonight, though, because I played poker last night and didn't get home until 2:30am -- which, for me, is very late! I stayed up for a little while reading, then had to get up to put another blanket on the bed, so it was probably close to 3:30 by the time I fell asleep. My excellent dog didn't wake me up until 9:30 this morning, but I can definitely feel that I was out too late/didn't get enough sleep. Thank goodness I didn't also drink! LOL!

I don't usually do resolutions, but I actually have a few this year:
    • Get down to just one chin
    • See my collarbones (I know they're in there!)
    • Start dating again
    Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to completely crushing our goals in 2017! :sunglasses:
  • MyDietJurney
    MyDietJurney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I have already lost 100 lbs. but I have 100+ to go. I hit a 3 year plateau because of things that were going on in my life. I had 12 people die in those three years including my Mother, Bio Dad, Step Dad, 2 Uncles and an Aunt. So it's been a hard few years. But I know God has me. I have been getting help emotionally and I have a couple amazing friends that have been trying to help also. I have been back on track for the last couple months and know that it's all going to get better.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and Good Luck to everyone in the coming year!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @Abbaslove - my heaviest congratulations on the loss of the first 100lbs. That's FANTASTIC! And a 3yr plateau, under the circumstances, is perfectly understandable. Sounds like you didn't gain, despite all your losses, and that's pretty amazing. 2017 will be your year for getting the next 100lbs gone. We're rooting for you!

@Misnomer971 - I really like your goals for the coming year. You're right, those collarbones are in there, somewhere. Mine recently made an appearance, and at first I wasn't sure what I was looking at, lol. I'll always have multiple chins, however - they developed in utero. Oh well...

@MermaidPrincessRach - I fervently hope for you that when you wake up in the morning the scale will show less than 300lbs! But just in case it doesn't, don't let that derail you. The scale is an inanimate object and the numbers on it are just that - numbers. The numbers do not define us, nor the hard work you've already done. Keep on going in 2017, and keep striving toward your goals.

I've been sick for about 10 days with a nasty flu and head cold. It's been the gift that keeps on giving. But suddenly, this afternoon, I'm noticing that I'm coughing and sneezing much less, my head no longer hurts, my nose seems to drip much less, and praises be - I appear to finally be on the mend! Just in time to start the New Year! I've been really missing my daily exercise regime and can't wait to get back to it, as soon add I can breathe freely. Maybe tomorrow??? Oh please...!

Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Blessings and happiness and prosperity to all of you beautiful people :-)
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    I MADE MY NEW YEAR'S GOAL!!!
    :smiley: 299.2 :smiley:

2017 is going to be MY year!

According to the Chinese zodiac, I am a rooster. Chinese New Year starts on January 28th and 2017 is the year of the rooster.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach Congrats! Awesome! Keep on going.

Happy new year to you all, may it be filled with blessings and joy....and pounds shed
  • Dalceridae
    Options
    Congrats @MermaidPrincessRach ! that's a big milestone

I've really been enjoying all the long walks during my holiday break. I'll miss them when work starts up again, but I'll continue my lunch break walks in the park. I'm feeling very good as I've gotten back on track as far as my diet goes, and I've lost my Christmas weight and then some :)
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I MADE MY NEW YEAR'S GOAL!!!
    :smiley: 299.2 :smiley:

2017 is going to be MY year!

According to the Chinese zodiac, I am a rooster. Chinese New Year starts on January 28th and 2017 is the year of the rooster.

That is Fantastic!!! So happy for you and proud of you! Happy New Year!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    This year is sponsored by the letter P
    Practice, practice, practice.
    Practice positive reinforcement, personal accountability, healthy choices, moving more, experiencing emotions without food, and turning off the telly.
    Best wishes to you as the new page is turned. X
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Well. I didn't make my year end goal of hitting 280. I got down to 282.8 but then I had unexpected visitors in the house resulting in less than stellar food choices. I am retaining water like a sponge and am up 3 pounds. Here's hoping that drops off quick!

Happy New Year, everyone!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm back and appalled at the amount I gained since Thanksgving. Just totally went off and overboard. There's nothing to do but pick up the pieces and start acting like a responsible adult. The motto Practice, Practice, Practice can sure apply to me. Along with learning to discipline myself.

Back on plan, preparing foods in advance. Have bronchitis now but going to Costa Rica in 7 days, so need to get well. Will probably go work with weights later today. Short workout just to get started. Maybe walk in the pool which is inside

Best Wishes to everyone for a Happy and successful New Years.
    Katrena
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone! It's cold and rainy and I want to go out walking but the rain just won't go away and it's slated to keep on until Wed at least and by that time the artic blast will be here I think, so I'm going to have to make myself go out and walk at the mall or one of the big stores, if I'm going to get my steps in. And I just plain miss my walking, I love it so much!

I only have one resolution this year and that is to get to goal weight if I can and if not as close as I can. I did pretty good this year, even though I didn't get down to the weight I wanted to be at by the end of the year. I'm a lot healthier and happy for it, than I was this time last year!

@MermaidPrincessRach I'm so proud of you and pleased as punch that you made your goal.
    @birgitkwood I'm missing seeing you around here but then I haven't been posting a lot either

So proud of everyone! Wishing you much success this year!
    Holly still in Clarksville