WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,797 Member
    Options
    well has been a productive day... got to see my daughters house.. and Taliah gave me a tour of the upstairs, but I had to close my eyes and take my shoes off lol..it is a cute little Cape.. and they are doing some work on it.. painting, carpeting and such...I am very happy for them.. years of alot of work... but great.. then visited a few friends... so nice to just sit and catch up...
    have one more day off.. so will clean and get ready for the week..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: I love your new ticker and hope to see it often!

Katla in currently snowing NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Lipstick_chick1960 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals.....
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OK, let's see if I did the photo thing right...
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Charleen – I know why you were hiding the flamingo umbrella; you were either going to keep it or send it to me since I am ‘so nice’. LOL! Where did you buy it?

Mary – Thank you, I’ll do that … I’ll look for it. I remember seeing her email address; maybe I did not look far enough down.

Carey – I went to the “Convenient Care” and got seen quickly. MD washed my eye out with enough water to drown a small child; then, he gave me the Rx I had needed. Opaque greasy cream – I had had it Rx’d to me before by my Ophthalmologist before and I was hoping that would be what I got. Told me to call him in AM to see if they could move up my appointment from mid-January. Put it in my eye when I got home; it is still blurry. But, not quite so much as last night and the night before.

I was told by my GYN, that ‘for me to lose’ I was going to have to get below 1000 calories per day. So he ordered me into a ‘weight loss program’ that is ‘high’ in protein; I’ve lost slowing since I have been in it; but, consistently. Down 40lbs to 160lb. The first 2 weeks, I lost 7lbs. Right now it seems like I am 'finding' and 'losing' the same 5lbs. I'd like for it to 'get lost'!

Margaret – No I don’t wear contacts; but had cataracts taken off both eyes about 3 years ago. wearing readers; but, had to get a little stronger ones because they skip from 2.00 to 2.50 and I needed the 2.25. I did not think they had readers in the Optical department; and even if I had don’t think I would have wanted to pay the price. I don’t know if I am straining my eyes by wearing readers that are stronger. I am supposed to contact Ophthalmologist in the AM. My DDnL#2 wears contacts and she says that she has had to get caught under her eyelid before and it drives her crazy until she can get them out, which sometimes takes awhile.

Barbie – I like your 'Nine Things to Give Up if You Want to be Happy'. I have a few friends and family members who could use it. LOL!

Allie – I agree with you and Margaret that doing your normal routine, until you get your ‘ducks in a row’ is a good idea. Maybe he ‘won’t expect it’.

Becca – I know what you mean when you ‘miss’ your sons as they leave home and go back to their posts. I feel the same way about Will, Tami, and Mallory each time we leave or they do. This last time that Louis went out he almost ‘cried’ in front of both sons when he had to say goodbye to him. He did well on the way home; but, lost it when he got here. We both cried for probably the better portion of an hour. It only made me miss Will more; because unless they come home when she has Spring Break, it will be a year from August before I see them again.
    I use small plates when I cook, most of the time; it always makes me eat slower and chew more and it makes the plate ‘full’ and that way I don’t get too hungry between meals.

Katla – Like above, nursing eye and going to call eye doctor in the morning.
    Besides what I posted before about the things I will do in 2017: Add read the Bible through again for the 3rd time. Each time using a different version. This year it will still be a ‘daily’ Bible; but, it will be a ‘study Bible’. B.I.B.L.E. = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. I hope to be as efficient as my oldest sister is about finding the perfect verse or story in order to help me do better.

Hello and Happy New Year to the 'newbies' and the same to my old friends here.

Lenora
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ewww... the stomach flu has made its presence in my house ... Older son and husband are down ... younger son is hiding in his bedroom hoping to avoid the germs ... and I'm washing my hands raw. The pork will not be served for dinner tonight. Lovely way to start the year.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Happy, Happy New Year my fantastic friends.

Barbie, thank you for your great start to the new year. You are the bomb!fireworks.gif

Gosh at all the new ladies!! How wonderful. We are happy to have you all join us. This is a terrific place for support and information. Come often and join right in. Log everything that goes in your mouth and you can be successful.

Allie, my question is, “WHY” are you still doing everything for Tom??? Just wondering. ((((Hugs))))

I’m not going to respond to everyone as my time is limited but I love reading about what is going on with you and your goals. I’m not so much into goals but I am renewing my commitment to logging and eating right. I hate to admit that I have gained 15 pounds in the past year and those have to come off. As I look up the scale and see 200 just calling me that way, I’m screaming back, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” I have to get a grip and now. As many of you know, I have spent unreal amounts of time at my friend’s house, cleaning, sorting, packing and preparing for the Estate Sale. It was a success but will do one more before I let a resale owner come in and take the rest away for a song. Hopefully after this week I’ll get my life back somewhat.

Ladies, I hope we all have the most wonderful year ahead! I wish you all health and happiness and hope to share many lost pounds with you all this year.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-
    Rowing machine- 30min, 56aw, 4918meters = 234c
    Hill treadmill runner- 11min, 6wt push, 7resist = 108c
    Jog- 14.59min, 5.7-7.0sp, 10ap, 1.5mi= 185c
    All iwatch cal tracker = 527c
  • pipcd34