Flirting

Options
BrinaBecnel
BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
edited January 2017 in Chit-Chat
Do you consider it stringing someone along if you just like to flirt or are naturally flirty, but you're very clear that you don't want a relationship?

Replies

• BrinaBecnel
    Options
    I refuse to flirt to avoid this very thing. Someone's always falling in love with me and it's kinda a hassle.
    I refuse to flirt to avoid this very thing. Someone's always falling in love with me and it's kinda a hassle.

See... I don't really try to flirt... and it's not like Jessica Rabbit flirting! It's like friendly making jokes kind of flirting that just comes out, you know?! I don't know if that makes sense, but it did in my head. Lol But the same thing tends to happen to me even though I'm very clear that I'm not interested in dating.

what a tragedy...how do you deal with such a burden in life to have guys fall for you.

It is when you have to try to let them down gently and they still get hurt. That's why I asked the question in the first place. Am I leading them on if I'm perfectly clear that I don't want a relationship or should I just end the friendship?
  • BrinaBecnel
    Options
    I've been called a tease so many times for this I white girl can't even. So now I just don't flirt unless they are worthy of the flirt. You're not stringing them along. But everyone wants to be that "special" one.

I understand that & I don't purposely flirt to tease them... it's just like a natural thing with me... which isn't an excuse. I mean it just happens sometimes before I realize it.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Flirting or not, how could anyone not fall in love with you?

I think it's probably unpossible not to.

D'aaaaawww
  • BrinaBecnel
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    I have a naturally flirty/jokey personality...with everyone, guys and girls. It's only really a problem when people I work with or my Uni students misinterpret my normal behavior as flirting.

I'm also called a "tease" a lot, but I don't care. I've learned to revel in it. There's worst things to be...

Same with me!
  • BrinaBecnel
    Options
    If you flirt with me you better be ready to get married.

I definitely won't flirt with you then! :D
    No marriage for me! :s
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been called a tease so many times for this I white girl can't even. So now I just don't flirt unless they are worthy of the flirt. You're not stringing them along. But everyone wants to be that "special" one.

I understand that & I don't purposely flirt to tease them... it's just like a natural thing with me... which isn't an excuse. I mean it just happens sometimes before I realize it.
    Do you consider it stringing someone along if you just like to flirt, but you're very clear that you don't want a relationship?

But you said "you like to flirt" in your OP. Which is is missy? You're sending me these mixed signals again... :wink: :tongue:
  • BrinaBecnel
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »

Do you consider it stringing someone along if you just like to flirt, but you're very clear that you don't want a relationship?

But you said "like to flirt" in your OP. Which is is miss? You're sending me these mixed signals again... :wink:

Cause I mean that's just my personality... I don't want to have to change who I am just to be friends with someone without them getting hurt... you know what I mean? Like it's fun because I'm being myself, but I don't purposely lead them on.