Flirting

Options

Replies

• PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Apparently I flirt and am a tease. IDK where they get that from. I'm just awesome and they take that as being flirtatious. This is why I never respond to messages on here. One second it's " Hey. How are you?" and the next it's " Wanna get married?"

and this whole time I thought we had something special going on...I even showed you my kitten

Dammit, I knew this day would come.
  • kenneth_echo
    kenneth_echo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is flirting leading somebody on with no intent on fulfilling the desired response? People taking things wrong is one thing but flirting without fulfilling the intent is just mind games.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Damn, this post got real serious.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    I refuse to flirt to avoid this very thing. Someone's always falling in love with me and it's kinda a hassle.
    I refuse to flirt to avoid this very thing. Someone's always falling in love with me and it's kinda a hassle.

See... I don't really try to flirt... and it's not like Jessica Rabbit flirting! It's like friendly making jokes kind of flirting that just comes out, you know?! I don't know if that makes sense, but it did in my head. Lol But the same thing tends to happen to me even though I'm very clear that I'm not interested in dating.

what a tragedy...how do you deal with such a burden in life to have guys fall for you.

It is when you have to try to let them down gently and they still get hurt. That's why I asked the question in the first place. Am I leading them on if I'm perfectly clear that I don't want a relationship or should I just end the friendship?

I don't think you're leading them on if you're clear you don't want a relationship but I also think you probably shouldn't be flirting with someone you only consider a friend. It will still send mixed signals.
  • cprovenghi
    cprovenghi Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

See... I don't really try to flirt... and it's not like Jessica Rabbit flirting! It's like friendly making jokes kind of flirting that just comes out, you know?! I don't know if that makes sense, but it did in my head. Lol But the same thing tends to happen to me even though I'm very clear that I'm not interested in dating.

what a tragedy...how do you deal with such a burden in life to have guys fall for you.

It is when you have to try to let them down gently and they still get hurt. That's why I asked the question in the first place. Am I leading them on if I'm perfectly clear that I don't want a relationship or should I just end the friendship?

I don't think you're leading them on if you're clear you don't want a relationship but I also think you probably shouldn't be flirting with someone you only consider a friend. It will still send mixed signals.

Had this happen with a female friend, definitely a difficult position. Being led on is not fun.
  • heartsaver81
    heartsaver81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Flirting while single is fine. Heck have fun
    But once you're taken you should only flirt with your partner. Unfortunately my partner doesn't get that and cheated bc some hoe flirted with him and he's clearly weak.
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I flirt with every guy who flirts back, but I'm savage and heartless so I don't care if they think I'm into them when im not. Then again I'm not at the point in my life where relationships are really a thing yet soooo