30 Day Shred start date 7/10/2011

Options

Replies

• ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    level one day 9 i took yesterday off *dumb move of the day!* it still sucks.. i still hate jillian.. and what the hell does "phone it in" mean??? she makes me crazy!!
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just found this thread and was hoping I could jump on board! I started the 30DS yesterday and I'm about to do Day 2 Lvl 1.. It's kickin my butt!
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    level one day 9 i took yesterday off *dumb move of the day!* it still sucks.. i still hate jillian.. and what the hell does "phone it in" mean??? she makes me crazy!!

Hahaha!! So funny!!! Plus she can't count!!!
  • amylynn48
    Options
    Hello all! I just found this thread and was hoping I could jump on board! I started the 30DS yesterday and I'm about to do Day 2 Lvl 1.. It's kickin my butt!

The first couple days are the hardest, stick with it and push through. It does get easier because you are buliding up your endurance and strength! Good luck to you!!
  • KaylaBlu2019
    Options

The first couple days are the hardest, stick with it and push through. It does get easier because you are buliding up your endurance and strength! Good luck to you!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I've started it two other times awhile ago and quit.. it was so difficult! But this time around, there's not even an option to quit. I'm so sore but about to do Day 2 and I'm just going to keep pluggin away at it. I made a goal list of lbs lost and what I would get if I hit those goals.. should keep me motivated!
  • NicoleK01
    NicoleK01 Posts: 11
    Options
    Level 1 - day 3 done! Still very sore - as soon as I stop moving my calves especially sieze up - woke up this morning and stumbled down the stairs I was so sore! Went for a 40 min walk, hobbled for the first bit until they loosened up! Just sat down after doing day 3 - got through the whole thing, (short break for a phone call grr lol) and pushed myself. The pushups still kick my butt - even the easy version! Took my before pics today. Ugh. Theres definate motivation in those!
  • misstash123
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Firstly good going to all of you for keeping it up, I cant manage to do so may days in a row!

I was just wondering what you all put on you execise log when you do Julian Michaels 30 day shred DVD? Cardio? Weights? Something else?

Thanks for your help
    Natasha :smile:
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Level1 day 7 done! One more day closer to level 2. Happy joy
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 completed..yeah
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Welcome! :) Today will be D4 for me and I find that its getting a little easier every day... Now watch today will be a killer for me just because I said that. Lol :tongue:
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Day 9 Level 1 completed..yeah

Oooh, almost level 2! GL :)
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Firstly good going to all of you for keeping it up, I cant manage to do so may days in a row!

I was just wondering what you all put on you execise log when you do Julian Michaels 30 day shred DVD? Cardio? Weights? Something else?

Thanks for your help
    Natasha :smile:

1st YOU CAN keep it up like the rest of us. I have faith in you. Just find that determination and the can'ts won't get in the way!

2nd I list as cardio-Circuit Training General- 25 Minutes
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    I list it as circuit training, general as well...puts me at 211 calories! Not bad for 24 minutes!

Finished L1D6 (I think...lol) today! Felt great...it is definitely getting easier to push through the shoulder moves! Yay!

Going to take the dog for a walk this afternoon and go for a 1.5 mile run tonight!

I have a physical fitness test tomorrow at work...1.5 mile run, pushup, and situps! I'm confident I can do it, but I think I might be sore after doing 30DS in the morning! We'll see!

Good job today everyone!! WE'RE ALL DOING GREAT!

And welcome to all the newcomers! This thread is amazing!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    L1D8 done.

I took it a little easier on the squats today. The muscle on the outside and just above my right knee was hurting a little and I'm not sure if I hurt it or if I just hadn't stretched it enough before hand. Still hurts when I bend-not ache, definite hurt but really minor, like someone punched me. I'll be nice to it today, do some light stretching periodically to keep the blood flowing and see how it is in the morning.

I'm still finding this level hard-not impossible anymore but still a definite workout. I don't know if I'm ready to move onto L2 but I guess we'll see in a few days.
  • amylynn48
    Options
    I did level 2 today. A lot less jumping jacks then level one so that made me a happy girl :) A couple of the moves were more challenging then level 1, but nothing too hard. She does quite a few in plank position. Overall I didn't find it more difficult then level 1, I definitely felt the burn and the sweat!! Good luck to everyone today!!
  • KaylaBlu2019
    Options
    I will do day 3 level 1 tonight. Last night when I did D2L1 it was much easier mentally than the first day - maybe because I knew what to expect.

The moves that are really getting me right now are the side lunges, (I don't remember what they're actually called) with the dumbbell raises.. and the bicycle crunches. ugh! SO hard!

Great job for everyone getting it done today!! :)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 today. A lot less jumping jacks then level one so that made me a happy girl :) A couple of the moves were more challenging then level 1, but nothing too hard. She does quite a few in plank position. Overall I didn't find it more difficult then level 1, I definitely felt the burn and the sweat!! Good luck to everyone today!!
    Less jumping jacks on L2? Oh I like that idea.
  • amylynn48
    Options
    Less jumping jacks on L2? Oh I like that idea.
    [/quote]

I actually enjoyed level 2 more then level 1! Maybe because level 1 got boring and this was new and exciting!
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Day 7 done. Still at level 1, but moving to level 2 tomorrow. According to my HRM, I am burning fewer calories on level one than when I started, so presumably it's not as hard?

One week down. We can do this for 30 days!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Curious. I have been showing a "loss" every Monday. Well I cheated and got on the scale today only to find I have gained. WHAT? Anyone else experiencing this?