Black Team Challenge Week 5

Options
:bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

So tommorow starts the new week and a new challenge. I am calling this one the "Black Team: Drink to your health challenge!"

There has been ALOT of debate on the boards about the benefits of water to living a healthy lifestyle and losing weight. And while some folks argue against it's benefits...It has been a huge part of my success so far. So this week is the water challenge. I am breaking this up into two options. The first option if for anyone who has the grapes to join me on what I am challenging myself to do. The second option is for those of you who might not be willing to follow me over the edge lol.

Options #1: (Harder option) = Water, water. water and nothing but water for a full week. No coffee, no diet soda, no nothin' JUST WATER. Half your body weight in oz or your 8 glasses (64oz) whatever is greater. Remember drink water throughout the day not all at once. Don't want anyone getting sick! Lets flush out the system and get the metabolism moving!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Option #2: Just promise me you will get your 64oz every day! Drink whatever else you want but get that water in there!!!!

It's not the hardest challenge ever I am sure, but I think it will work well for us! :drinker: :drinker:

The Black Team member with the highest percentage weight loss at next weeks weight in will win a Brita Atlantis water filtration piture from yours truly!
brita.jpg

Don't forget the honor system guys.

A happy and healthier black team....now that's something I can drink to.
:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

So tommorow starts the new week and a new challenge. I am calling this one the "Black Team: Drink to your health challenge!"

There has been ALOT of debate on the boards about the benefits of water to living a healthy lifestyle and losing weight. And while some folks argue against it's benefits...It has been a huge part of my success so far. So this week is the water challenge. I am breaking this up into two options. The first option if for anyone who has the grapes to join me on what I am challenging myself to do. The second option is for those of you who might not be willing to follow me over the edge lol.

Options #1: (Harder option) = Water, water. water and nothing but water for a full week. No coffee, no diet soda, no nothin' JUST WATER. Half your body weight in oz or your 8 glasses (64oz) whatever is greater. Remember drink water throughout the day not all at once. Don't want anyone getting sick! Lets flush out the system and get the metabolism moving!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Option #2: Just promise me you will get your 64oz every day! Drink whatever else you want but get that water in there!!!!

It's not the hardest challenge ever I am sure, but I think it will work well for us! :drinker: :drinker:

The Black Team member with the highest percentage weight loss at next weeks weight in will win a Brita Atlantis water filtration piture from yours truly!
    brita.jpg

Don't forget the honor system guys.

A happy and healthier black team....now that's something I can drink to.
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh I can so do this. I drink about 24 cups of water a day and I am not kidding. It is all I drink since I quit drinking coke on 12-31st. Thank you, Andrew you made my day!!!! :smile:

I will do option #1!!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Option 1 for me too!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    can it be flavored water? I hate water and drink the flavored water. It have no cals no fat no sugar no anything. Just flavor. Walmart sells it it's a powder if not I will have to drink all my water while I work out because you know me I'm up for a challenge!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Oh yeah and this was going to be my challenge! Great loser minds think alike!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    can it be flavored water? I hate water and drink the flavored water. It have no cals no fat no sugar no anything. Just flavor. Walmart sells it it's a powder if not I will have to drink all my water while I work out because you know me I'm up for a challenge!!

This will be acceptable as long as it does not contain sodium :bigsmile: lol
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

This will be acceptable as long as it does not contain sodium :bigsmile: lol

thank you thank you thank you!! the only thing in it is 50mg of potasium.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I am all over this challenge!! I might even drink half of your weight in the challenge!!!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I'm up for Option #1!! I never, ever drink pop (unless I'm drinking) and I won't be doing that this week either!!

Woo! Great challenge Batman!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Oh my, this is going to be tough! Did you pick this because you knew I had nine cans of Cherry Coke Zero in my fridge?!?!

Oh well, I'm going to be a big girl and challenge myself with Option 1.

Good luck to us all!

:heart: Shuntae
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    CRAP! I found it before I logged off! I guess I have to do it even if I won't be around to tell y'all about it.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh my, this is going to be tough! Did you pick this because you knew I had nine cans of Cherry Coke Zero in my fridge?!?!

Good luck to us all!

They make Cherry Coke Zero? :indifferent:

CRAP! (again)...I kid! I'm up for option #1! Bring on the ocean, baby! I'm drinkin' it up!!!

Great challenge, Andrew! I wish I could say that the pitcher is mine for the taking, but I think there's plenty of other folks out there that are going to beat me standing still! Gooooo TEAM BLACK!

I'm gonna miss you guys! :sad:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Good luck to us all!

CRAP! (again)...I kid! I'm up for option #1! Bring on the ocean, baby! I'm drinkin' it up!!!

Great challenge, Andrew! I wish I could say that the pitcher is mine for the taking, but I think there's plenty of other folks out there that are going to beat me standing still! Gooooo TEAM BLACK!

They sure do...and I love it. I think I'm going to take that stuff out of my fridge and hide it because I *KNOW* it's going to be too much temptation seeing them in there. Now, I just have to keep my headphones on at work so I can't hear soda cans open. :sad:

Hey Andrew- is tea (unsweetened) an option? Just asking because I don't want to set myself up for caffeine withdrawal.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Hey Andrew- is tea (unsweetened) an option? Just asking because I don't want to set myself up for caffeine withdrawal.

this is going to kill me!! I have 1 coffee everyday to keep the headaches away. I hope I can find something else. Maybe I will buy myself some chocolate espresso beans or something.:bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Good luck to us all!

They sure do...and I love it. I think I'm going to take that stuff out of my fridge and hide it because I *KNOW* it's going to be too much temptation seeing them in there. Now, I just have to keep my headphones on at work so I can't hear soda cans open. :sad:

If you cant live without the caffeine you can go with option 2. Non-caffinated teas will be acceptable for option one because most doctors count non caffinated tea as water. Believe me I am gonna be missing my coffee this week and I pity ANYONE who bothers me at work in the morning!
  • 3babybeans
    Options

this is going to kill me!! I have 1 coffee everyday to keep the headaches away. I hope I can find something else. Maybe I will buy myself some chocolate espresso beans or something.:bigsmile:

I've been decaf for nearly a year now. If I have a soda, it nearly kills my head any more. If you can get over the one day of blistering headaches, it is worth it. You won't need to go back! Think of the money you'll save on coffee! :bigsmile: :wink: I'm trying here, Sam!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I have to pee just reading this challenge!! I'm so bad at this! I'm lucky if I get in 3-4 cups per day and that's if I'm trying! Otherwise I do maybe 1 cup a day. Luckily I'm a stay at home mom so I'll be able to run to the bathroom every 10 minutes without having a boss yell at me.

I don't drink much pop anymore but I do drink skim milk for supper. Need the calcium because I don't want osteoperosis (sp) when I'm older like 2 of my grandparents have.

This is gonna be harder than avoiding the scale for a week. :sad:

Okay, I'm done. I'll quit whining now. :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm in ... option 2 though... I'm not giving up my caffeinated tea in the morning, although I drink decaf the rest of the day. My head would fall off.

Nice challenge, Andrew!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i'm in..option one please Booyeah!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    WOO!!

I just did Tae Bo T3.. it's 22 minutes and i burned 287 calories, got my heartrate up to 192 and i am DRENCHED in sweat.

Just thought I'd share. :smokin:

Well, I'm off for some 30 Day Shred!!

I'm telling ya. I better have a good number tomorrow!!

Peace, yo!

:heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm good for option 2-- can't give up my java.

I bought a 2.2 liter water bottle at Wal-mart for $2. Holds 8 glasses of water-- I drink one of them easily, often two of them.

drinking-water.gif

Bottoms up, friends!!