• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Kate love the pictures!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Charleen2 wrote: »
    Bbbrrr! Woke up this morning and it was -10 degrees F. I don't normally get back in bed after I get up for the day but that warm spot I had just occupied was very tempting. Hungry cats are determined cats, so off to the kitchen I go.
    368972h9e9mpja6o.gif

Call me crazy (I know that's Janet's line) but I pulled the trigger and ordered a closet organization system for my front foyer closet. I had been waiting for the company to hold their January flash sale (they do every year) and checked their web site yesterday and there it was! I love being able to have a place for everything and it's all neat and tidy. The real kicker is I can find things when I go looking for them!

I've ordered from this company before and the materials are top notch. Any issues or damage while being shipped, they send a replacement piece the same day you call. The poor UPS guy (brown truck driver) will show up at the house with boxes that are 96" long and a bunch of shelving and basket components to deliver. My master bedroom walk in closet system filled a whole truck last time. It is easy to install and the instructions are customized to your design. I'll get lifting and weight exercises into my log real soon.

The scales this morning told me I am nudging the scales back in the right direction again. I am down a 1lb from the holiday high but still have to lose 1 lb to get back to my pre-holiday weight. I will practice my patience and keep with the food plan.

Charleen in Colorado (Good day to work on quilts)

Now, Charleen. You know I am going to want to see pictures of those closets. I love organization.

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! <3

Were on our way out of town today .. hopefully I can get some steps in?

@fanncy0626 Been thinking on the challenge. I will do the varied crunches and the push ups .. but I am not a fan of jumping jacks. I might replace them with squats? 3 sets of 10 for today.

@pipcd34 Your babies are sweet! We <3 our lab!

I know I am missing alot a great goings on here! We had a great day... I only pulled off 13,516 steps/ 6.40 miles so far.

I will give the the 3x 10's another go tomorrow.

Way over on my cals.. no logging. Tomorrow is another day!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! <3

Were on our way out of town today .. hopefully I can get some steps in?

@fanncy0626 Been thinking on the challenge. I will do the varied crunches and the push ups .. but I am not a fan of jumping jacks. I might replace them with squats? 3 sets of 10 for today.

@pipcd34 Your babies are sweet! We <3 our lab!

I know I am missing alot a great goings on here! We had a great day... I only pulled off 13,516 steps/ 6.40 miles so far.

I will give the the 3x 10's another go tomorrow.

Way over on my cals.. no logging. Tomorrow is another day!

Fantastic workout! Great plan with the squats. That's great mileage!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.23min, 13.1amph, 146mhr, 18degrees, 2.9mi= 142c
    apple iwatch- 153c
    0 runner (new machine)- 27.37min, 45avlength, 12avheight, 108avcadence, 8.55ap, 136mhr, 5k = 223c
    apple iwatch- 209c
    ride gym 2 dome- 9.03min, 9.5amph, 142mhr, 1.4mi = 71c
    apple iwatch- 57c
    walk station 2 wk- 7.55min, 4ap, 126mhr, .5mi = 58c
    apple iwatch- 49c
    walk wk 2 sta- 8.11min, 3.9ap, 97mhr, .5mi = 46c
    apple iwatch - 48c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.02min, 8.4amph, 147mhr, 2.5mi = 202c
    apple iwatch- 151c

total cal 742
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lenora, my Mom was AB- and she was left handed. My brother, sister and I are all left handed and AB-. But we all have medical problems that prohibits us from donating. After I got my blood in the hospital I laid there and thought about the person who gave that blood for me. I know I deeply appreciated it and it sure made me feel better. My son in law routinely donates plasma which is also needed very much. And you get money for plasma where you don't in donating whole blood.

Well I have driven twice now! First was Wednesday night to choir practice and today I drove to get my hair cut. I had an appointment early in December when I had pneumonia and had to miss it. So I am way past my due date. I get it cut every 6 weeks, almost on the dot. My husband doesn't like it but I do, it is so much easier to take care of. I do admit that at that 6 weeks time it is at a length I like the best but the next week it is to long. I made sure I used my TENS unit right before I left so my spine was pretty mobile in driving and then asked Tina to estimate the 30 minute time when I would be leaving so I could turn it on again. I am glad all our snow was gone so the interstate was clean. I must admit I did drive slower. I also was able to walk from the car back to the pharmacy at Sams to pick up refills. So the back is getting better. Oh, the big thing was that when I got home from getting hair cut, I was able to stand up and rewet my hair, put mousse in and blow dry it. So for the first time in about 3 weeks, my hair is fixed!

I have been looking on Amazon for the gel pads that go with the TENS unit. They cost about $15 for two sets at Walmart. A set lasts me 3 days. I can get an off brand at Amazon 5 sets for about $20. I am glad the TENS gives me relief. My doctor's office called this morning and he suggested neurosurgeon or pain clinic. I suggested physical therapy first and they didn't call back. So now I have to wait until Monday. I don't know if I should go ahead and see a surgeon and if surgery is suggested see if the cardiologist would agree to a different kind of blood thinner for th surgery. I doubt she would do it. I guess I could ask her before I get a surgery consult.

Thanks for being my ears tonight. Joyce, Indiana where it is 12 degrees outside.

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,
    Rori – its on my calendar!

Allie – I can “hear” the commitment and peace in your voice as you tell us what is next – you are woman hear you roar!

Betty – Yeah!

I had “Christmas” with my god -daughter today, we had some serious talking to do regarding communication (her lack) and I was able to come up with examples so she could understand my frustration and concern. She seemed to really get it! I was pleased. We went out to lunch and while I did not do very well on choices, the change for me is that even though it is now dinner time, and I did feed the dog :) , I am not hungry and no longer feel that I should have a full dinner just because the clock says it’s time, so I may have nothing – or just a piece of fruit. I am sure that learning this is part of why I have kept the weight off so far, and not making better choices at lunch is why I am stable- not losing.

Tomorrow and Sunday are to be a very wet and cold storm, so I have tucked in – wood by the door and plenty of food stuff, it should be fine. Of course in CA cold is 30-40 and wet is 2-3 inches of rain, not much compared to some of you, but clothing and home insulation is not the same here as it is in some the colder climates…I don’t own any boots of any kind! In fact my “warm” shoes are leather tennis shoes (trainers for the UK-ers)

January Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******
    Read and report on a book –
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday –
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,775 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »

January Goals:
    Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it. Jan. still working on this….**** GET THIS DONE*******

Kim from N. California

Kim, I'm thinking you need to change this to Valentine's Day letter and cards .... one of my friends has given up completely on Christmas and is shooting for a July update!

Beth
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Re- Congratulations on your loss of weight and inches! Keep up what you have been doing it's working!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of Bob Harper's Inside Out Cardio Conditioning DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Michele Olson's Perfect Legs, Glutes and Abs DVD

Marilyn - I keep a spreadsheet of my weight. Unfortunately, when I make a graph, lately it's been one flat line (just about flat). I only weigh myself weekly and update that spreadheet every few months.

Lenora - I have this thing that goes around your waist that you put in the microwave and it warms up. I used that yesterday and was putting it on my body. Now today I'm not freezing. Maybe I just needed to get used to the cold.

Marilyn - I, too, have been known to search the garbage for the box/bag of what I had. One downside to the database I've found here is that there are different calorie counts for the same thing, probably different in different countries. So I have to look for the one that is mine.

Sharon - one of Jess' friends has to do his dialysis at home. The nice thing is that he can travel and just take his dialysis unit with him.

Exercised, then went to the soup kitchen to give them some things from the holidays that I really didn't want in the house. Things like soda (that I know I won't drink) crackers. Then went to the post office. Then to the library where we have our Board meetings. Every year I make a treat tray for them. Actually, it was one way to get rid of the cookies/candy that Vince won't eat and I really didn't need in the house. Then went to play mahjongg. On the way home stopped at WalMart since Vince needed milk. I couldn't get over how crowded the parking lot was. You would have thought it was right before Christmas. I saw one lady in the store with two shopping carts. But I honestly didn't see people buying a lot of milk, bread and eggs. I did see people buying things like toilet paper. Heaven forbid we get "snowed in" (OK, you people up north can stop laughing now) and someone doesn't have any tp. Then came home and helped Vince bring some more of the decorations inside. Couldn't do much, we just don't have the room until the inflatables dry out and we can put them away to make room in the garage. Many of the inflatables are dry now so they are unplugged. At least we're saving on the energy! Made some of the garlic bread for Vince. I like to keep some in the freezer so I can just take a piece out when I need it

Mary - thanks so much for the recipe. As soon as Vince finishes the cookies he's eating, I may make that. I do want him to finish up the cookies first, tho. They're from the holidays. If he has too many choices for his dessert, it seems to take forever for him to finish something. Thanks so much

Katie - congrats on the loss

Welcome everyone new!

tara - good luck on that c25k

Christy - you've found what you're looking for here, that's for sure. So sorrry to hear about your cancer

Kate - you can't post a video directly to MFP. You have to upload it to uTube and then I think you can post it here. I'm not crazy about putting a video on uTube. You never know who is looking at it. So I put all of my videos on Facebook. At least I know the people who are viewing it.

Carol - I understand the NC is under a state of emergency! (you people from Canada and up north -- you can stop laughing) People around here totally freeze up at the mere mention of the word "snow". I personally find it hilarious.

Betty - I get asked for money from panhandlers (but I'm not out walking, maybe in the parking lot of the store I'm about to enter). I just never give it to them, mainly because I'm not comfortable opening my purse in front of them to give them the money. You just never know

Becca - that scanning feature IS so nice. Maybe that's why there are so many multiple entries of certain foods in the database? Great meals there. Every time I go to the soup kitchen to take something there, I'm always amazed at how much food is there for people to take home. One lady took two bags full home with her today. You are such a kindhearted person

Yvonne - how wonderful that you donated blood!

Re - woo hoo on that loss

A friend of mine has a herneated disk and severe arthritis in L3-5. She's in a lot of pain, her hubby says some days she just screams in agony. Does anyone know of something that will help her, will the TENS I wonder? Joyce - what has your experience been?

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Marni in Alaska- your pictures are breathtaking and your dogs are adorable! Your parrot is beautiful and looks like such a sweetheart. Do you eat sunflower seed butter? I like it for a change.

Thanks so much :-) He's a very cuddly parrot - even though he started swearing a few weeks ago LOL I've never tried sunflower seed butter - I'll check out our Hippie market and see if I can track some down - thanks for the suggestion.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    <3