23degrees ride this morning, at least the 17mph winds wee not there
  • richmondlady
    richmondlady Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh, Jake's brother Woody, visiting one day
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So much interesting info and just fun chatter already this morning.

Barbiecat: I love Robert B Parker books too! Spenser was my favorite of the 3 characters. Love his sarcastic sense of humor in his books. I haven’t read anything new because I know he passed away and someone else is now continuing those books and I just somehow felt weird about that. But I am planning to rent some from the library again because those were my favorite. I haven’t rried Sue Grafton’s books but have often thought I might like them.

I also love the idea of marinara sauce over steamed cauliflower. I saw some in the freezer section of our grocery store where it is “riced” and frozen (also a riced broccoli product) that I thought would be a great alternative to rice, pasta and potatoes!

Kim: Love your gratitude list. Thank you for sharing and helping me keep things in perspective.

Everyone: I’m going to have to look up the recipe for this Spinach-Feta pie everyone is talking about! Did I see that it is from Skinnytase?

Also, I think I will have to check out the iPhone Health app I saw mentioned a few times. Thanks for the tips!

Liz: Do you get podcasts on your phone also, Liz? I haven’t listened to any. Where did you find the podcast “Serial”? I think I would like listening to those.

Katla: Thanks for the giggle--“Pip: I don't mind walking in 33 degrees because I don't create my own windchill. Be safe.” Love your Tibetan proverb by the way!

It is -3 here today, but the wind chill factor has us at -23F. I'm trying to stay inside as much as possible. Working from home today. I'm lucky it is an option for me.

Yesterday, I went to the orthopedic doctor to get okayed to wear a pair of specially made orthotics which we thought would help my left hip, knee and ankle issues. The therapist who fitted me for them wasn't comfortable giving them to me until I was seen and had xrays taken of my foot because it has been hurting for months now. I had assumed it was because I limp a bit when the rest of my leg is acting up. Well, it turns out I have a fractured bone. It didn't show up on xray but is positive on other testing. Tomorrow morning I have to have an MRI to rule out a Jones fracture. I'm not very happy about this. They put me in a boot immediately and said to keep pressure off that foot until we know more. Seems silly to me since I've been walking around on it for months already. Anyway, I'm disappointed because i was so excited for 2017 to be the year I take my life back and get fit! If I have a Jones fracture, it can take anywhere from 8 weeks to 20 weeks on crutches and boot cast plus surgery to fix. Not going to be easy to exercise if that is the case. So, I'm praying it is something easily fixed.

I love the 1 lbs of veggies idea. The plates look so good in the pictures, that I made myself a plate for the day when I got up this morning.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!

Tracie from cold, icy, frigid Wisconsin.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Tracie sorry about your leg. I am modifying my exercise because of my knee. I am doing more stretching, stomach, and arm work. It is also getting me to get back into meditation, too. The important thing is to give my knee a chance to heal.

I feel the cold too here in Minnesota.

:heart: Margaret
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh Tracie, so sorry to hear about your foot. Will pray for a good report. I am sure you would want to get rid of the pAin so hopefully your doctor Can help you. 2017 has just begun so you will have time to take your life back. Hang in there.
    SueBDe inTX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Charleen pics of the quilt please!! Congrats :)

Allie you sound very determined, we are all behind you! <3

So my trick of wearing something happy, my purple shirt with colorful scarf totally worked! Fake it til you make it, I started the day very down and just pretending that I was put together (colorful and professional) really made the difference, go figure :p
    NYKAREN
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    (((Kim)))

I ate endame and 1/2 navel orange for lunch. The endame was frozen in pods by Pict Sweet and I didn't realize you don't eat the outside. At least I guess you don't. Never had them before.

Carol in GA

Carol You got your fiber. :D:D:D

I did the same thing at a restaurant lately. It only took me one to learn HAHA.
    Betty
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Charleen - Congrats! I'd love to see it.

Expresso - You met a wonderful challenge losing that much over the holidays. Tell us more about yourself and a "name" you want to use.

Lenora - Those storms sounded so severe. Glad you are okay.

Margaret - lovely nature pictures. I can almost smell the flowers!

I work @ 4 today and need to get bean soup in the crockpot. I'll eat late when I get home.

Toni in flurries on the way Tennessee