True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I used to hate talking on the phone until I got a job that required a lot of talking on the phone. Got over that real quick. Though I still pray it goes to voicemail.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I hate talking on the phone and I work a help desk job go figure lol.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I have no problem in person, but I HATE using the phone. Put me in front of a group of 500 people? No problem. Ask me to call one of them on the phone? Probably not gonna happen.

I hate calling people too
    I'd be nervous talking in front of 500 people but put me on the ice to skate in front of a couple of thousand people and I'm in my happiest place ever
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Put me on the ice in front of anybody...or even alone, for that matter, and I would be flat on my kitten!
  • synchkat
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    Put me on the ice in front of anybody...or even alone, for that matter, and I would be flat on my kitten!

ha ha
    add spotlights and I"m in heaven
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm craving beer n wings...I feel my feelings for wine are waning
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I live in Buffalo....just sayin'.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I confess I have a real anxiety problem and my bf wants me to go to planet fitness and have them show me around. (He's at work) I really just want to tell him no bc it's my worst nightmare to talk to people all by myself especially when I wouldn't be buying anything right away. It's hard enough for me to muster up the courage to leave my house just to go on walks by myself anyway without having to go into a business and actually look someone in the face and talk to them. Rational mind knows it's not a big deal and no one cares if I'm awkward. Anxiety mind says the worse embarrassment of my life will happen and I'll never be able to show my face again! I really don't want to do it but I figure it's the dumbest thing in the world to be like this.

Hang in there, you are not alone.

I would so much to want to be you. Get away from everyone, become a hermit. I do not like humans, they sux. Never to have bother with people again. But, there is called life and I gotz to deal with them. Most days its okay. But about every 18 months or so it becomes so overwhelming, that I have to do a total withdrawal for a couple of weeks. No peoples.
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    I confess I have a real anxiety problem and my bf wants me to go to planet fitness and have them show me around. (He's at work) I really just want to tell him no bc it's my worst nightmare to talk to people all by myself especially when I wouldn't be buying anything right away. It's hard enough for me to muster up the courage to leave my house just to go on walks by myself anyway without having to go into a business and actually look someone in the face and talk to them. Rational mind knows it's not a big deal and no one cares if I'm awkward. Anxiety mind says the worse embarrassment of my life will happen and I'll never be able to show my face again! I really don't want to do it but I figure it's the dumbest thing in the world to be like this.

I won't even talk to people on the phone. In person is even worse. It takes me so long to think of the right thing to say. And being badgered to buy something I'm not sure I want makes me feel annoyed and stressed and super guilty that I'm wasting someone's time. So I giggle awkwardly a lot and then run home and hide under the covers.

(Had to go to the mall last night to return something and it was AMAZING because all the salespeople were busy with inventory. Not a single person offered to help me. I loved it.)

((...I think there's a reason we all hang out on here.))

Ya I'm kind of surprised at all of the responses. Everybody has pretty strong online personas to me. Phone isn't the best for me either. I text everyone usually. Feeling guilty over thinking you're wasting someone's time! That's definitely a factor.

If I am at home, I do not answer the phone. The online personas appear to be strong because you are dealing with online personas, I can shut off the website or computer anytime I want. It gives (at least me) the feeling of some level of control.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

Hang in there, you are not alone.

I would so much to want to be you. Get away from everyone, become a hermit. I do not like humans, they sux. Never to have bother with people again. But, there is called life and I gotz to deal with them. Most days its okay. But about every 18 months or so it becomes so overwhelming, that I have to do a total withdrawal for a couple of weeks. No peoples.

I've been trying to have this thing called a "life" but I'm actually a very successful vampire hermit. Everyday I'm like....I should venture back into society, then I remember what society is like I go back to the internet.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    TMI I'm sure.......the last two times I tried to *kitten*......I didn't finish.........takes too *kitten* long =(.

Hmm I never have that issue with food
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

Where I was born.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Where I was born.

I was born on the bayou. :)
  • jnichel
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    @MalkinMagic71 may I introduce you to @jtegirl1
    You have lots in common...now I'll leave you to it. ;)

He's a cutie for sure, but a little young for me. We should fix him up with @angelxsss (hope I got name right)

I may look like I'm 12 but I'm really 33 lol. So I'm not that young haha

Yep, too young sweetie! I'm turning 48 in a couple months.

I turned 48 back in November. So.....?
    amm7l84kvu5v.gif

I'm very confused by this. lol

Then my plan is working.

• Monkey_Business
    Options

Where I was born.

Is that a CCR reference?
  • jnichel
    Options

Where I was born.

Is that a CCR reference?

Yes an no. I mean, it is one of their songs, but I was born in Louisiana.
  • synchkat
    Options

We're practically neighbours
  • jnichel
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

We're practically neighbours

The 'u' in neighbors tells me that you're on the other side of the Peace Bridge. ;)
  • Monkey_Business
    Options
    thanks; it could have been Texas also as it is mostly in the Gulf Coast region. :-)