True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I confess I have a real anxiety problem and my bf wants me to go to planet fitness and have them show me around. (He's at work) I really just want to tell him no bc it's my worst nightmare to talk to people all by myself especially when I wouldn't be buying anything right away. It's hard enough for me to muster up the courage to leave my house just to go on walks by myself anyway without having to go into a business and actually look someone in the face and talk to them. Rational mind knows it's not a big deal and no one cares if I'm awkward. Anxiety mind says the worse embarrassment of my life will happen and I'll never be able to show my face again! I really don't want to do it but I figure it's the dumbest thing in the world to be like this.

I won't even talk to people on the phone. In person is even worse. It takes me so long to think of the right thing to say. And being badgered to buy something I'm not sure I want makes me feel annoyed and stressed and super guilty that I'm wasting someone's time. So I giggle awkwardly a lot and then run home and hide under the covers.

(Had to go to the mall last night to return something and it was AMAZING because all the salespeople were busy with inventory. Not a single person offered to help me. I loved it.)

((...I think there's a reason we all hang out on here.))
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    ^Along these same lines, especially with salespeople, I actually won't go to the mall because of the kiosk people. This one particular makeup kiosk has really pushy people, and I'm really bad at saying no, so I ended up with like $60 in overpriced eyeshadows from the same kiosk in 2 different malls. I'm lucky I didn't go for that $100 straightener another stall tried to sell me. She did only demonstrate it on half of my head though and didn't finish the other half when she finally gave up haha
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

We're the unofficial weirdo's anonymous group.

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I confess I have a real anxiety problem and my bf wants me to go to planet fitness and have them show me around. (He's at work) I really just want to tell him no bc it's my worst nightmare to talk to people all by myself especially when I wouldn't be buying anything right away. It's hard enough for me to muster up the courage to leave my house just to go on walks by myself anyway without having to go into a business and actually look someone in the face and talk to them. Rational mind knows it's not a big deal and no one cares if I'm awkward. Anxiety mind says the worse embarrassment of my life will happen and I'll never be able to show my face again! I really don't want to do it but I figure it's the dumbest thing in the world to be like this.

I won't even talk to people on the phone. In person is even worse. It takes me so long to think of the right thing to say. And being badgered to buy something I'm not sure I want makes me feel annoyed and stressed and super guilty that I'm wasting someone's time. So I giggle awkwardly a lot and then run home and hide under the covers.

(Had to go to the mall last night to return something and it was AMAZING because all the salespeople were busy with inventory. Not a single person offered to help me. I loved it.)

Ya I'm kind of surprised at all of the responses. Everybody has pretty strong online personas to me. Phone isn't the best for me either. I text everyone usually. Feeling guilty over thinking you're wasting someone's time! That's definitely a factor.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I feel like the universe is out to get me to ruin my diet today. Co-worker brought in a box filled with chips, cheetos, *kitten* double stuffed oreos, etc and I'm dying.
  • angelxsss
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    When I'm buzzed I text everyone..........then I awake to some interesting conversations to say the least.

fun pics?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Being an introvert, I feel all this.
  • angelxsss
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    ^Along these same lines, especially with salespeople, I actually won't go to the mall because of the kiosk people. This one particular makeup kiosk has really pushy people, and I'm really bad at saying no, so I ended up with like $60 in overpriced eyeshadows from the same kiosk in 2 different malls. I'm lucky I didn't go for that $100 straightener another stall tried to sell me. She did only demonstrate it on half of my head though and didn't finish the other half when she finally gave up haha

Lol. Years and years and years (cause I'm old) I got talked into buying like $400 worth of magazine subscriptions by a phone solicitor!! God I was so stupid. I didn't even get to pick out the magazines. I was getting like scuba divers digest and cat fancy for years!! I felt bad saying no. That experience jaded me for life.

I can't decide if I feel bad (part of me does because, I mean, they work at a kiosk in the mall) or if I just want to hurry up and get away on the path of least resistance (yes I'll buy your *kitten*, bye)
  • angelxsss
    Options
    When I'm buzzed I text everyone..........then I awake to some interesting conversations to say the least.

fun pics?
    they are sent and received

then that's a night well spent, I'd say. And you get treats in the morning to remember it by
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Lol. Years and years and years (cause I'm old) I got talked into buying like $400 worth of magazine subscriptions by a phone solicitor!! God I was so stupid. I didn't even get to pick out the magazines. I was getting like scuba divers digest and cat fancy for years!! I felt bad saying no. That experience jaded me for life.

I usually tell phone people that my husband makes all the important decisions in our family. I'm not above pleading helpless woman and often he has to bail me out of things cause I get made and have a tendency to tell people off.

But never feel you're wasting people's time. I always felt that way growing up that I had nothing of interest to say at all and no one cared about what I said and I could live in my brother's shadow but then I decided that was silly and I have lots of cool stuff to contribute. So now I talk to everyone because I figure if they don't like me or I say something dumb oh well I might never see them again. It's bad though now because like once I went to skate with some friends and they came over after I had finished my socializing and were like you talk to EVERYONE. Somedays I just want to shrink back into the old wall flower I was but it's less fun
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

This is my wife. For exactly the same reasons, coming home with the same stuff.
    Or when salespeople are at the door....or phone sales....or TV sales....or....
  • angelxsss
    Options
    I never should've started browsing apartment listings. Now I just want out.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I never should've started browsing apartment listings. Now I just want out.

I've got a spare room in that basement.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I will only take out from places that do online ordering because i don't want to call them up and talk on the phone.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I will only take out from places that do online ordering because i don't want to call them up and talk on the phone.

YES THIS. Online ordering is the greatest thing ever. If I'm by myself I will now actually get food instead of deciding I'd rather go hungry than talk to someone on the phone.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have no problem in person, but I HATE using the phone. Put me in front of a group of 500 people? No problem. Ask me to call one of them on the phone? Probably not gonna happen.