Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I used it for the first time yesterday just because I kept getting leg cramps on the treadmill and elliptical and was told that the vibrations and heat would help and it did! I'm not sure about all of the other magical benefits, but it definitely helped relax my calves. I'll most likely use it again the next time I feel a cramp coming on.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    TheGimp wrote: »
    I joined Planet Fitness recently and have liked it so far. I also was wondering about red light thing. I get the vibro-plate stuff. I used to use a non-enclosed one for making a few exercises more intense, or to help massage muscles.

With the red-light thing, I would want to use that for my back acne but I don't know if it's one of those things you stand in fully clothed or if you can remove clothing covering parts that have zits. What do others who do use it do?

I definitely used it naked the other day... The guy kept stressing that people should disrobe and who am I to argue? The heat felt nice.
  • lighttherapaz
    lighttherapaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Read about Red light therapy and try it yourself.
    It's new science that will grow into mainstream use soon enough. FOR FAT LOSS, At 620-700 nm (nanometers) light emissions (best red spectrum) there is evidence that this non UV light penetrates the fat cell walls creating VERY tiny burn holes. Fatty Acid leaks out in very small amounts. It is combined with vibration in order to stimulate the muscles to use the fatty acid now flowing through your body. But the vibration may not be enough, that's the problem with the machine. You may need to get on a treadmill right after for 20+ mins otherwise the fat will simply be re-absorbed into fat tissue. There are clinics all across the world that charge hundreds of dollars for this red light treatment. Don't waste money on expensive treatment when the Planet Fitness TBE machines do the same thing....just in lower doses. Better yet go buy a $10-20 plant red grow light from a nursery or Amazon. Target under arm flab, Inner thigh flab, lower abdominals and back fat. All that stubborn fat with CONSISTENT USE will start to reduce and smooth out.....Use it at home but remember to walk right after use otherwise a waste of time.
    But again so far the best results for red light use is skin enhancement, acne, dark spots, wrinkles, stretch marks as well as a treatment for getting rid of viracose veins. Results with continuous use is reduction of acne scars, elimination of stretch marks, removal of dark face scars which is why thousands of teenagers across the country have been prescribed new hand held red, blue and green light devices to use with their skin cleanser to get clear skin.
    Light science is an interesting new field. Deep dark red light elimates pain and helps with arthritis.
    Folks should look into light therapy on their own to see if it can benefit them.
    As for the TBE at Planet Fitness, studies are showing it is helpful to those who are extreme couch potatoes to stimulate muscles and kickstart a small amount of fat loss but it is best for those over 50-80+ years old to strengthen their core and develop better balance with the use of the vibration function.
    If you are already toned, fit and in shape it will give your skin a nice, even tone and glow but that's about it.
  • lighttherapaz
    lighttherapaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After reading all the comments here I decided to write an article for all of you about Red light therapy at Planet fitness. You guys can check it here:http://lighttherapyaz.com/red-light-therapy-reviews/red-light-therapy-at-planet-fitness/. I hope it can make sence for your questions. Best Regards!
  • karenferguson1
    karenferguson1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOH611 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried the Total Body Enhancement machine at Planet Fitness? It's like a stand up tanning bed except it has red lights (red light therapy), the floor vibrates and it plays music. I did it for 10 minutes on Level 2. What is the point to this machine?
    I use the machine a few times per week- it helps with fat burning as well as muscle relaxing and evens out your skin! If you didn't notice anything on level 2 try a higher level.
  • megglesc
    megglesc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it today because I'm simply curious lol...
  • lizgreene52
    lizgreene52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use total body mainly because it helps reduce pain. I also find that small wounds - scratches, etc, heal about twice as fast if I use total body. The vibrating platform helps me maintain a certain level of strength when I am in too much pain to exercise
  • nodbates
    nodbates Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently joined PF. And being in the research field, I had to explore this in depth. To put it simply, the vibration is BS, and the red light actually has research proving to be effective in improving skin elasticity and wrinkle reduction.
  • conducts
    conducts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your insight. I'm trying to research these benefits at Planet Fitness and wading through the egos on this forum has been tiring.
    Disclaimer: I do not consider Planet Fitness a serious gym like some of you would want, but I am a member and I love it there. I live in a very rural area and the closest gym was 20-30 minutes away until a PF opened up less than a mile from my office. I was ecstatic. I am a runner, and I enjoy going to PF to do some strength training to improve my endurance and to use the treadmills on rainy days. I'm never made to feel like a wimp nor do I have anyone pressure me to try some crazy new drink/pill/training method like the gym in my old hometown. I've made some friends there and I like the staff. Either way, a gym shouldn't be your only method of improving your fitness, so I don't know why everyone is so hell bent on bashing PF.

With that said, I am a black card member because I love the hydro massage and inexpensive tanning. $10/mo for gym or $20/mo for gym, tanning, and massage? Easy choice. :) My PF has the Beauty Angel beds, which I researched online and checked with some friends and family before use. A friend of mine is a nurse in a dermatology office. She says red light therapy is the newest craze in SKIN tightening and toning. It mimics a certain range of light (that you could also get from normal sun exposure), that is thought to increase cellular repair and improve oxygen circulation in the body. From my personal experience, my skin is softer and appears more hydrated. I use the bed twice per week, and have done so for about six weeks now. I feel that my facial complexion has improved, but I'm not sure if that is from the red light therapy, or other skin care changes I have made. The bed does seem to help with muscle recovery, though. The days I use it, I notice a significant difference in soreness and water retention after my workout.

So there's my two cents, do with it what you will. I'm just a fat accountant trying to become a skinny accountant through running, strength training, and a slightly decent diet (I say slightly because I love starbucks and I currently have two packs of m&ms in my purse). I've lost 30 pounds in the past five months and I still have a bit to go. I am a PF advocate, because it has made a difference for me. Sometimes its really hard to go from couch potato to healthy, but its even worse when you feel like you are alone.

• patches1975
    patches1975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A question a few years later reserecting this post because it came up on google.
    Don’t laugh, or laugh it’s ok...do you get naked when you get in?
  • playgroundswing
    playgroundswing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They used to have fat jiggling belts back in the day. They didn't work either. Save your time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

It is so easy to see this as a "woo woo" "no-work" way to fitness and laugh at it. But I think the "jiggle" might have some value. Most people would agree that massage has physical benefits and this could be seen as a mechanical massage. I would not pretend to understand how it works, and I have no opinion on the lights. But I believe the stimulation is somewhat like a massage and may be useful. Also, if thinking it works has a calming effect, it also could be beneficial as a form of relaxation. Tension produces hormones that lead to fat storage. At least that's what I hear from the latest pop weight loss talkers. Just my two cents. And with the value o the dollar today, that is not worth too much.
  • bsabbs1
    bsabbs1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it before my workout for the energy boost, it’s like taking a preworkout. As for all the salty trainers on here no one is really going to use it in place of a workout so being condescending to everyone is what makes people not want a trainer to begin with
  • Michelle_C0519
    Michelle_C0519 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love how all the fitness snobs turn someones quest to get healthy and fit into a chance to bash everyone who's not a gym rat....
  • Michelle_C0519
    Options
    rogerOb1 wrote: »
    I LOVE Planet Fitness and I have lost 120 lbs with their help THIS YEAR.

Its only March!

Maybe they meant in the past year. Cant you just congratulate someone on their successful weight loss? JERK
  • Michelle_C0519
    Options
    Like I said, ETC... You want me to list all the equipment. No. And like someone else said, every PF is different. It's worked for me in the last 5 months. I don't know what kind of "special" equipment y'all need to get in shape but what I need, I've got it at PF. Even the red, blue, purple and hazel lights. : )

Guess I'll never understand why ignorant people put down a particular gym when they should just be glad people join a gym and are trying to better themselves. But, whatever.

Most of the ones talking so much crap are the self absorbed gym rats that spend the biggest part of their life flexing for themselves in front of a mirror. They boost their already over inflated egos by bashing those who are just trying to get healthy.
  • Nancy5870
    Nancy5870 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used it about 40 times. My skin is extremely soft, but it didn’t do anything for my skin tone. I noticed my weight loss was more accelerated during use.Couldn’t tell you about cellulite as I can’t see back there. It was good for working my leg muscles. It did relax me after use, but I also found that my sleep had been disrupted for about 2 months. I haven’t used it for about 10 days now and I’m not getting long sleep but more restful sleep. I had a terrible time focusing during the day. I’m sure this is not the case for everyone. Google it and there will be a list of what it’s supposed to do.
  • curtismarquardt
    curtismarquardt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Found this medical study which does seem to confirm that the red light treatment does help with cellulite and improving skin. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3926176/

Also, Planet Fitness is a great gym. Gravity works the same there as it does in any other place!