Options

Replies

• hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    syclops wrote: »
    hooey78 wrote: »
    syclops wrote: »
    Today I have burned 1,300 cals and consumed 715. I killed it during my exercise sessions, but plan on improving my endurance and strength even more over the next two weeks! Good luck everyone! Have fun and beat your goals!

I wont weigh in until Friday...stay tuned!

715 calories is way too low! Be careful!

That was only half way through the day. Plenty of "good" calories were consumed! ;)

Gotcha! I was worried for ya, man! LOL.
  • cphillpot
    cphillpot Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hooey78 wrote: »
    Looking to focus hard the first part of 2017? Me too!
    I’d love to have a few people (or more) join me in seeing as much change as possible in 90 days.

Challenge Rules:
    Introduce yourself to the group
    On January 1, 2017 (or as near as possible), please post the following:
    1. Nutrition goals for this 90 days BE SPECIFIC!
    2. Fitness goals for 90 days – AGAIN SPECIFIC!
    3. Beginner stats – measurements, weight and/or pics – WHAT GETS MEASURED GETS IMPROVED

Looking forward to starting! Join me!

Hi there! I'm Caroline and I am fashionably late to the party. I hope I can jump on board with you guys! I started watching what I eat and working out and using MFP to track all of that a week ago, so I'm not TOO far behind.

Nutrition Goals: Eat fewer empty carbs and snacks. More protein!! Slowly decrease intake while upping output through exercise. Would like to hover around 1200 calories a day.
    Fitness Goals: Go the gym 4-5 times a week for at least 2 hours each time. Minimum one hour of cardio! Lose weight, gain strength, and improve posture.
    Beginner Stats: I started tracking on this app at 208lbs on 1/7. I lost 3lbs by the time I weighed myself again on 1/9! I'll be weighing myself again on Monday (1/16) so hopefully I'll have lost some more by then! I have my measurements written down, but I'll post a picture. 4ojcn9yd73qw.jpg

• Kapoten
    Kapoten Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Checking in after another week...

It sounds like a lot of folks are doing really well. Great job, everyone!

I didn't really focus on diet or exercise at all this past week, and my weight stayed about the same.

I got back on track today though. I kept my calories in check and worked out a good amount (65 minutes on the elliptical machine, plus 30 minutes swimming laps).

I'm planning to be more consistent this week, and will hopefully have dropped a pound or so by this time next week.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    This past week has been unproductive, my coworker had a baby, so I've been practically on my own, I have a sub for my coworker, but she is 80 and doesn't move fast, so I've been doing all the running at work, then my life has been crappy for a couple months, things are finally getting better, but I had to get out of my funk, starting fresh today, got 1 workout in, and doing another after my 2 year old goes down for a nap. Determined to make this week a good one
  • hooey78
    hooey78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Stay committed, have a great week everyone!
  • Orangemonkeys
    Orangemonkeys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I'm wondering if you'd mind if I joined in a bit late? I have been pretty consistent with my habits related to food and exercise for the past 3 or 4 years, but some life events and work stress got me off track for a while last year and I find myself with 10 extra pounds this year. I'd like to restore those habits that were working for me and get back on track.

Specifically, I'd like to:
    1. Log the good, bad and ugly through March 1. (Its important for detective work to see where those pounds are coming from) - I'm a big data nerd, so this will lead to some polishing of my daily habits which I know will lead back to my healthy weight.
    2. Follow my running plan to get back up to 25 miles/week (I'm averaging 14 lately)
    3. Current weight: 144, Current miles/week: 14, Current number of complete food log days: 1

That's it. Doesn't sound too ambitious, but I have a habit of starting hard and flaming out.
  • iqraafshan95
    iqraafshan95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me. height is 5 2 weight is 57 kg and i want to lose 5 kg in this challenge..
    15 minutes morning jogging and 20 minutes walking
    30 minutes cycling 2 times a day
    15 mints joging and twenty mins walking at night
    Am eating healthy food
  • DoritoDavis
    DoritoDavis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join but have been on holiday. I am starting tomorrow.

Nutrition: 1200 (or more if exercise allows - measured by Garmin watch). Increase my protein and veg intake. Limit sugar/ carbs. No junk Jan. Also no alcohol when I'm just staying in.

Exercise: 3x a week. 150 intensity minutes a week (measured by my watch). This will mainly be spinning. I've been struggling with aching joints so avoiding running.

Stats: 11st, 5ft 4.

Goal: increase fitness and loose 2lb a week. 20lbs by end March.

I've got my 10th wedding anniversary and a wedding in March. Also a big birthday in November.

So I'm 3 lbs down and 3 work out done (all be it very short ones - 20 mins). Best of all I have resisted all junk.... so far and no alcohol. I have also logged everyday. So far this week (3 days in) I am up to 83 intensity minutes out of my 150 minute goal. Therefore I am on track

Week 1: I managed my 150 intensity minutes, no alcohol, no junk. I'm 5lbs down so really pleased. Most pleased that I have done my exercise, have not been craving sugar and I'm feeling OK.
    Week 2: I'm up to 67 intensity minutes from yesterdays spin. I am hoping to get 1-2lbs off (the 5lbs was straight from a holiday so easier to get a big number).

I'm keeping my eyes on my goal of feeling great for all the fab events I have on this year.
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    for the start of week 3 I am down 5 lbs down and.5" on the waist :) yay!
    food tracking has been really helpful to keep me from overindulging and the knees have stopped aching so I'm back on the treadmill and walking outside when it's warm (relatively warm - this is winter in New England anything over 30 is warm at this time of the year LOL)
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yipee! Down another 1.7 this week. I can also see a difference. I am loving Orange Theory Fitness!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I will be leaving for Cuba on vacation for 5 days! Anybody have good tips to stay on track?
  • dfabiano972
    dfabiano972 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm down 4.5#. Eating much better, not so great on the working out.
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing amazing! Weigh in for me again is on Friday! I've been putting in some CRAZY sessions and I am hoping to see results!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Doing great so far this week, 90min workout Monday, and 60 minute workout tonight.

I spent an hour today making goal charts, I figured there is 19 weeks till summer break (I'm a school nurse) so 19 weeks to have a decent summer body, so I set goals and made charts to help achieve my goal. They consist of weightloss goal, workout goal, water intake, calories, and macros, I'm really excited for this
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting as I had a big birthday weekend last weekend. I am very closely monitoring my food and back at my 10k steps a day. I have been cutting out almost all sweets and I think I am beginning to stop the cravings. I have even reduced the amount of coffee I drink because I use cream (hence saving some calories there as well). Everyone seems to be doing great! Congrats to all you "losers"! Keep up the good work. I hope to show a loss this week too!
  • Luxyp
    Luxyp Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am in and my goals for next 90 days are:
    Eat no more than 1200 calories
    Eat no sugar and minimally processed food
    Run 6 to 7x week (atleast 30 miles)
    Try and get atleast 6 hours of sleep
    Report daily on my progress against the goals

Good luck everyone!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I am re-starting as I had a big birthday weekend last weekend. I am very closely monitoring my food and back at my 10k steps a day. I have been cutting out almost all sweets and I think I am beginning to stop the cravings. I have even reduced the amount of coffee I drink because I use cream (hence saving some calories there as well). Everyone seems to be doing great! Congrats to all you "losers"! Keep up the good work. I hope to show a loss this week too!

creamer was the hardest thing for me, but i started getting walmarts original creamer, only 15 calories, and now the sweet stuff isnt as good as i thought it once was
  • morskapana
    morskapana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    morskapana wrote: »
    morskapana wrote: »
    Hi I'm Kaitlyn, I'm 32 and love to cook natural wholesome foods (maybe too much). Last year I was generally less active and it is starting to make me feel super unhealthy! Plus I'm attempting to foster a lifestyle shift, rather than a dieting mentality.
    Fitness: I'm on a mission to do daily 30 minute mornings (yoga/strength/meditation), walk 4x/wk (minimum) and do fitness classes 3x/wk (minimum).
    Nutrition: My calorie goal depends on my activity level but with no activity it is about 1500 (fresh foods that don't contain hormones and do contain ingredients I can understand). Drink 96oz of water per day.
    Stats: I weigh 163.2 lbs, I'm 5'7". Waist 31, tummy 36, chest 38, hips 43, thigh 24, arm 12. My weight goal is 145, but mainly to feel healthy and strong.
    Have fun everyone! Let's stick to our goals to see results and feel healthy again! I'd be interested in people joining my 30 minute mornings routine too, perhaps I'll post a thread.

Checking in:
    I have logged for 8 days. Daily thirty minutes of yoga/ body weight exercises and meditation, I now look forward to getting up to do this! I have gone to 4 workout classes and walked 4 times this week. I have been drinking at least 96oz of water per day. I have lost 3.6 lbs and I'm back to my average weight. If anyone wants tips for mediation let me know, staying present can help us with so much everyday stress and anxiety. Keep up the good work!

Checking in, have been logging 19 days. Daily excercises, meditation and yoga. I had three indulgent evenings in that time period but kept doing my routine afterwards, something I've struggled with continuing in the past! Changes in weight: 158.6lb tummy: 35 hips: 42 arm: 11.5, all other measurements: no change. I have not walked as much as I planned (4x/wk) I need to continue to try for this goal. Have done at least 3 gym classes per week. I'm feeling very good about these routine changes and much stronger than when I started.
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    OK...I have been working my rear end off...weighed in...and...DRUMROLL PLEASE....no weight loss! ARRRGGGGG! I'm thinking I am not meant to be supermodel! Maybe my next goal should be Sumo Wrestler....or perhaps Worlds Strongman? Regardless....after killing it like a villain I was still able to press 265 x4 reps on the bench. There are silver linings...you just have to look for them! Gym...here I come...and you BETTER be ready...I take no prisoners!

RELENTLESS!
  • angmarie28
    Options
    I am down 2.6 lbs, FINALLY, i was stuck between 165 and 167 for over a month, i did have the help of smooth move tea, because i have IBS with constipation (sorry TMI, but i didnt want to give myself full credit for that loss :D) but when i weighed in ate 165, it was right after a stomach bug that emptied be, i i truly have lose that weigh myself, yay. ive been working hard this week and i made charts to help keep track and motivate me, and they are helping alot so far