Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• thinalini
    thinalini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes to this whole post.
    Except I like the fiber one bars, i chop them up and put them in greek yogurt.
    Friend me, as long as it fits my calories I'll eat it. And if it doesn't fit I'll fiddle with amounts of other foods until I can...
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    thinalini wrote: »
    Yes to this whole post.
    Except I like the fiber one bars, i chop them up and put them in greek yogurt.
    Friend me, as long as it fits my calories I'll eat it. And if it doesn't fit I'll fiddle with amounts of other foods until I can...

I crumble a granola bar (1/2 of a Nature Valley 2-bar pack) over mine. And add 1 cup of red seedless grapes!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

omg the fiber one mint chocolate brownie is heaven in 90 calories <3

I actually just bought these. I like them cold :) really tasty and it brings out the mint flavor more! I was pleasantly surprised.

I'll have to hunt for those, I don't remember seeing mint ones! I like the chocolate fudge brownie version, but chocolate mint sounds awesome...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    This thread rocks... My diary is open. :D
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    dazaliah wrote: »
    I am reading all of your posts while eating a chocolate pudding snack...I logged it already ;)
    I was craving one of those so badly last night, and forgot to buy any today... killing me :'(
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Change in plans. No chick-fil-a tonight. :/

But don't cry for me MFP. I am getting Five Guys instead! :D
    Oh you poor thing! :D
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    86xnk5wczh18.jpg

Reminds me of this one... :)

wsl34km9wav1.jpg
    LOl, I understand that mentality!

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ashycrew wrote: »
    Well so much for health !!!!!

This cracks me up. I don't understand why the quoted has to be mentioned. No one stated that they eat "junk food" all day every day. What OP was getting at is nutritious plus treats, or all foods in moderation. Nothing wrong with that. I find the quoted quite amusing and dramatic. Once still can be physically (and mentally) healthy including all foods in their diet. For some, including treats in their WOE actually helps them adhere to a deficit.

It is of a healthy mindset to eat foods without labeling them "good" or "bad". Demonizing foods can lead to orthorexia.

I eat processed meat substitutes and I eat fresh spinach arugala broccoli tomato celery carrots etc...and I eat chocolate covered fruit and frozen fruit smoothies...and I eat cheesecake fiber one (processed GASP) snackbars....and I eat lots of stuff. lol.

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

Fiber One bars do a good job of tasting like the average granola bar or soft cookie sold in US markets. I don't consider them as good as some brands like Cliff or Luna but are more affordable and not half bad. I have them around my house more for my son who needs fiber suppliments. But I certainly eat them...
  • elizakristofferstuen7370
    Options
    Because it's nice when I can eat junk sometimes and no one will judge me. :P lol

Perfect friend ;)
  • rahulpawar_
    rahulpawar_ Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence, this thread appeared when i am having not so clean food for evening snack.

I rely on junk food to fulfill daily calorie intake. Initially it was hard to gain weight only from clean food. So I started taking heavy food items. There is no dearth of such food items near my place. I usually go for chicken dishes, sweets, chocolate, cookies. My best is chicken roll similar to a chicken wrap (having one right now), contain approx 800-1000 kcal.

• jcarrasquel
    jcarrasquel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to eat. I'm glad there's a group here where people actually enjoy eating. I try to limit myself to my calorie intake, but I won't begrudge myself a brownie or cookie or some sugar in my tea (yes actual sugar and none of that stevia or diet stuff which tastes awful). And ironically, I've lost 6 pounds in the last 2 months. So, I'm happy.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Omg...I'm not the only one!!! I have two kids and a husband that works construction, not to mention I love to cook yummy things. The thought of cooking two separate meals every day makes my head spin, but more importantly what example am I setting for my daughter if I make certain foods "evil". I want her to grow up with a healthy relationship with food and learn that anything in moderation is fine. If I'm craving something, I make it fit.
    Off my soap box now...lol

I quite like your soap box... The stuff said on top of it makes a huge amount of sense and your daughter will thank you for having been a good role model. :smile:

Or well... I hope she'll thank you for it one day. :wink:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of home made stuff and also pancakes on weekends. I keep getting mistaken for a clean eater and in fact have some Paleos and vegetarians following me on Instagram. Joke's on them. I add a few tablespoons of white flour and a barn bred egg or two to improve the palatability.

When I told my co-workers that I eat "healthy" sometimes, they just look confused. I tried to explain again as I chowed down on my vegetarian curry and jasmine rice, "I'm a food adventurist". More blank stares. "I might not eat meat for a day or two." Ah, comprehension. I am now slotted as a shameless sometimes healthy eater.

I think the lack of shame is confusing for a lot of folks.