90 Day Fitness & Food Challenge

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Got to the gym before work and did 45 of elliptical (FAT BURNER TRACK - HILLS WITH RESISTANCE) and then abs. And ate, showered and dressed for work at the gym. Food was a little over priced but it was healthy and fresh prepared per order!

Now at work. Tomorrow.....another early morning workout at the gym.... ELLIPTICAL and then maybe a run o the lakefront.. or vice versa.

I will be back in my own home (house/kids/dogs) sitting for my brother through monday... PLanning to start new eating plan Wednesday!
  • becs3578
    Kid/house/dog sitting is almost over. One more night.... big dinner at the Chinese restaurant tonight and tomorrow back to normal!

Drop one kid off at soccer and headed to the gym. 60 mins on the elliptical. So atleast good workouts Saturday and Sunday even if food wasn't great!

Back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Sorry for not checking in. I was moving this weekend and Friday did not go well. "Morning" sickness prevented me from going into work. Did not work out, but did lots of moving. So that counts right? I still have a lot of unpacking to do. I think this week, between trying to make up work (especially since it is busy season) and unpacking, the likelihood I go to the gym most days is very unlikely. Might try for 2 days this week.

Becs - Great job! I am glad you are back on track! I hope your wrist gets better soon! Hope you are getting prepped for your new eating plan!
  • becs3578
    Aliem- I'm so sorry you still having a hard time with the morning sickness. Just take care of yourself. And congrats on the move. That is so exciting!

I met with trainer this morning. Was nice and sweaty after our session. Ton of squats and farmers carries. And then some elliptical befor and after. Normally workout Tuesday night too but I have dinner with my godfather and his wife. Back at it tomorrow.

Ps: scale still sucks. But with house sitting and eating out this weekend I know it is my own fault. Hoping Thursday weight in is better !
  • syclops
    syclops Posts: 90 Member
    [quote=

Scale and I are still struggling. Up down, UP down and so on. But my workouts have been good. I am actually gonna hit my goal of 6 days in the gym this week. Saturday and Sunday am before work I am doing cardio. Giving my wrist a break.. it was starting to bother me and I did get a wrist brace that I am starting to wear during workouts. I also order a compression sleeve for wrist and forearm that I hope to wear in the evenings to help with recovery. THURSDAY I had session with trainer (30 mins upper body) and then went for my first run/walk in a long long time. The knee wasnt perfect but it held out for 3 miles.. about 1 miles walking and 2 miles slow run. It is a start.

NExt week trying something new with food/fuel. BIggest meal of the day will be breakfast, lunch a little smaller and dinner the smallest meal of the day with 2 snacks. Going for about 1300 calories on average with HI protein! GOnna try this for a few weeks and see how I feel. Next weeks breakfast will be an egg/spinach/bacon and sweet potato frittata. I can make 1 big one and cut into 4 portion! EASY MEAL PREP!

[/quote]

@Becs3578

Awesome Becs! Thanks for the encouragement! I have been taking in alot of protein lately and cutting carbs. I had a fantastic workout yesterday and moderate today. I am focused...I am intent on getting back to that stage of where I was at. I totally get the whole scale flip flop! I find that my pants and shirts are a marker for weight loss and not so much the scale to start off with. Maybe it has something to do with air pressure, humidty, gremlins...HA...not sure.

I do the same for my eating regimen as well. Works awesome! I just have to stay away from snacks after supper...stick to something high protein!

• syclops
    Good morning friends!!!!!

YEAH!!!! Another awesome workout. If you are in the mood for something different, challenging and rewarding give my NDCQ workout. So what does NDCQ mean....Not Dead Cant Quit! This is my every other day (M, W, F) routine working cardio and different body parts.

Here you go...first...put on some bang'in tunes...crank it to 11 (hopefully you get that reference). This routine is meant to be done with VERY little rest between sets. While other people are sitting around between sets and contemplating their next tweet or Facebook post, you will be building a better body and improving your health and well-being...put on your seat belt.

WED (Leg day routine)
    1) two laps around the track...not a pansy pace but not Usain Bolt either.
    2) Immediately jump on the leg extension and pump out 30 reps with a comfortable/controllable weight.
    3) You guessed it...track time....again two laps and try to maintain the first round pace. Try not to throw up!
    4) Leg extensions again! Can you increase that weight? Did you hold out on me the first round? Again...30 reps. Get a drink of water...
    5) Track session #3...maintain that intensity...in fact...try kicking it up a notch!
    6) Leg extensions...again try to get 30 reps.

Now you are going to follow this same regimen for Leg Curls, Bent Over Good Mornings or Dead lifts and lunges. Instead of running try jump rope in between sets...dont slack on the intensity. Start slow and then work your way on up to double timing it.

On Mondays' I typically do this same routine with chest, shoulders and biceps and Fridays are back and triceps and core. Just pick exercises that are well rounded and hit the major muscle groups.

Try this for a month and tell me how you feel endurance wise. This is my favorite workout and has been the only thing to cut weight, but still maintain the muscle. Good luck...let me know if you have questions .

Much love peeps!
  • becs3578
    Syclops... Great job.

At work now.. but tonight's workout is BODY PUMP, Tomorrow ELLIPTICAL BEFORE WORK, FRIDAY REST DAY, ELLITICAL and ABS, and SUNDAY - INTERVAL TRAINING CLASS!

Next week I am hoping to add in the stuff at home.. just havent been able to make that happen this week.

• norm_z_85
    norm_z_85 Posts: 4 Member
    Good afternoon Becs, Rindle, Aliem, Syclops & Humble:

I started on MFP again a few weeks ago, just before the new year. I've been looking for a group to keep me focused and share the ride with. I read the last 100 posts or so and I like the vibe here. Would you mind if I join in?

Norm

• syclops
    @norm_z_85 Go for it bud! The more the merrier! Its great to have folks backing you up and motivating you forward!
  • syclops
    @becs3578 Nice! Saturday and Sunday's are rest days for me! My goal is to continue the good eating, but I have too many home projects I am working on. I think my 2-a-days make up for it right? :wink:

BTW...my two workouts today....CRUSHED THEM! Absolutely on fire!
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Working 8-8/830 has been killing me. I am so tired all the time. I am hoping to go to the gym tomorrow morning (taking it easy). Hopefully get more unpacking done tonight. I have just been so drained. Going to tell work next Monday, assuming things go well with my ultrasound on Friday. Hopefully I can smooth out my work schedule and work on the weekends more so that I have energy for the gym, work and life, especially since starting tomorrow the hours will likely be increased. I have weighed in at 133.4 every day this week. I feel like I have been eating a ton. Starting to get worried that in a few weeks, when I need to start gaining, I will have trouble. Funny thing is, I have never had trouble putting weight on in the past!

Becs and Syclops - great job!

Norm - welcome aboard! Come up with some goals and join in!
  • syclops
    @aliem its sounds like you have had a busy week! Don't beat yourself up too bad...life gets crazy, its how you respond to the challenge! get the expectations taken care of and then get back in the gym and make it happen. It sounds like someone else is depending on your health and well-being as well! CONGRATS!!!! I cant even imagine the changes you are going through and on top of that trying to maintain a gym program! You can do it! It may take a bit for those hormones to settle out...but things will get better! You got this!!!
  • norm_z_85
    Thanks Syclops & Aliem!

I’m 5’ 9” and 47 years old. On NYE I tipped the scales at 209. I'm at 205 now and my goal is to be 185. (haven’t seen that number in 15 years)

Currently, I'm trying to stay in "calorie negative space" by the end of each day. I do plan to "hit the gym" 2-3 times a week and hop on my road bike 2-3 times a week as well. Hitting the gym these days is generally 2 miles on the treadmill (run/walk) and some leisurely swimming... but I'm going to get some weights and reps in there, I promise! Becs and Syclops, you two are a bit out of my league right now with the comprehensive routines, but do I find those entries inspiring. (keep up the good work)

I'm still trying to get my arms around how best to consume 1,750/cal a day (plus add'l for exercise). Planning ahead and portioning seems to be key. I've been doing pretty well over the last two weeks. I find the weekend much harder with a little entertaining and having more time in general to make and consume fabulous meals. Lol.

Good stuff: I got up early today and went for a 1.25m walk with my daughter before getting her off to school.

Good luck with the ultrasound Aliem.
  • syclops
    norm_z_85 wrote: »
    Thanks Syclops & Aliem!

I’m 5’ 9” and 47 years old. On NYE I tipped the scales at 209. I'm at 205 now and my goal is to be 185. (haven’t seen that number in 15 years)

Currently, I'm trying to stay in "calorie negative space" by the end of each day. I do plan to "hit the gym" 2-3 times a week and hop on my road bike 2-3 times a week as well. Hitting the gym these days is generally 2 miles on the treadmill (run/walk) and some leisurely swimming... but I'm going to get some weights and reps in there, I promise! Becs and Syclops, you two are a bit out of my league right now with the comprehensive routines, but do I find those entries inspiring. (keep up the good work)

I'm still trying to get my arms around how best to consume 1,750/cal a day (plus add'l for exercise). Planning ahead and portioning seems to be key. I've been doing pretty well over the last two weeks. I find the weekend much harder with a little entertaining and having more time in general to make and consume fabulous meals. Lol.

Good stuff: I got up early today and went for a 1.25m walk with my daughter before getting her off to school.

Good luck with the ultrasound Aliem.

Excellent Norm! I should follow your example and get some swimming in there for sure! That is an absolute killer total body workout! Kudos bro!

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Okay all, I'm back for a quick post. I found a job and started last week. Working as Case Manager for Regugee Services for non-profit in Savannah. So far I love my job, but the commute and hours are long. Haven't had time to exercise or eat well. Weigh-in today was 129! Yippee! I hope to get a run in shortly. Will need to read previous posts and catch up.
  • syclops
    Wow...Today I am the sorest I have been in a long time! No complaints...it feels good! It lets me know I hitting it hard! I was going to do a 2-for....but I think I am going to exercise my trigger finger at the range today! Keep hitting it hard everyone!!!! ;)
  • syclops
    OK...I have been working my rear end off...weighed in...and...DRUMROLL PLEASE....no weight loss! ARRRGGGGG! I'm thinking I am not meant to be supermodel! Maybe my next goal should be Sumo Wrestler....or perhaps Worlds Strongman? Regardless....after killing it like a villain I was still able to press 265 x4 reps on the bench. There are silver linings...you just have to look for them! Gym...here I come...and you BETTER be ready...I take no prisoners!

RELENTLESS!
  • becs3578
    TGIF....

Norm.... welcome to the group! And I promise I am not "out of your league". I am still learning every day! My fitness journey started 4 years ago and I am always trying new things and tweaking. Still haven't been able to lose that last ten and get my fitness level where I want it. 2017 is the year!!!

Rinde - I am so excited for you. You seem like such a caring person so I think it is gonna be a great fit. Also been watching your daily logging. Congrats on the continuous weight loss. You are amazing.

Syclops - great job on the workouts. Yeah I know all about that nasty scale. You are doing amazing and it will come!

So this is week 3 of training and today I got on the scale and I'm 133. So yeah.... ummm.... that is exactly where I was when I started but since starting training my weight fluctuated between 134 and 136. It has been crazy. Today getting back to 133 felt like a victory and I can tell you I have lose inches. There has definitely been some
    "Body composition" changes and I am feel leaner and definitely stronger.

Today I have a meeting with trainer, then work, then a drink with a friend. Tomorrow will be an elliptical and abs afternoon and Sunday...... my first Body Combat class in almost 2 months. That one is gonna be scary but I am excited about it.
  • norm_z_85
    Thx Becs! Looks like you have a great weekend planned for yourself. Body Combat? Am I reading a post from Syclops? :) I'm confident you'll kill it.

Rinde, I just want to say hi and good luck in Savannah. I went an read a bunch of your posts and I'm truly amazed. Hang in there with that new commute, it sounds like a worthwhile endeavor.

I've had a great week so far, I got on my bike twice and I've stayed in calorie negative space. AND, the scale read 203.2 this morning which is about 1.5 less than a few days ago. (maybe it's time to drink more water, lol) Anyway, I feel good and I think things a slowly moving in the right direction. It's good to have you guys to keep up with. I'm going to head over to the gym in a bit. (and it BETTER be ready)
  • becs3578
    Norm....great job on the weight loss and dedication this week.

To answer your question....Body combat in one of the classes in the LES MILLS series. They have bodypump (which I take religiously twice a week), body combat (which I really like but the schedule for this class is tough for me), body flow which I use to take but don't love so haven't taken in a while. I think they have more than that but those are the ones at my Gym. Body pump is a weigh lifting class set to music that workouts all the muscle groups. Body combat is has not props just you with punches, kicks and more. Never though I would like that class but I really do. I still look like a carebear punching a cloud but a tiny part of me feels like a "bad *kitten*" when I do it too!

Saturday I did 45 mins on the elliptical doing hills. My heart was definitely not in it but I completed it. I just felt tired yesterday. This morning I took my first body combat class in over two months. Took me over half the class to get back to feeling like I knew what I was doing, Sweat like a beast, and my shoulder are gonna be sore tomorrow. But I'm glad I went.

Workouts planned this week mon-thu, rest day Friday and then Saturday Sunday workouts!