Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I am so pissed. Last night was supposed to be drive-thru night but instead it ended up having to be lean pork tenderloin with rice and cauliflower night.

I'm sorry. You have to leave now.

Just go

Get out

I had taquitos for dinner last night. I swear.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I saute chicken tenders, I dredge them ALL in flour before I cook them. In oil. Also dredging in my house means coating generously.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    ashycrew wrote: »
    Well so much for health !!!!!

This cracks me up. I don't understand why the quoted has to be mentioned. No one stated that they eat "junk food" all day every day. What OP was getting at is nutritious plus treats, or all foods in moderation. Nothing wrong with that. I find the quoted quite amusing and dramatic. Once still can be physically (and mentally) healthy including all foods in their diet. For some, including treats in their WOE actually helps them adhere to a deficit.

It is of a healthy mindset to eat foods without labeling them "good" or "bad". Demonizing foods can lead to orthorexia.

I eat processed meat substitutes and I eat fresh spinach arugala broccoli tomato celery carrots etc...and I eat chocolate covered fruit and frozen fruit smoothies...and I eat cheesecake fiber one (processed GASP) snackbars....and I eat lots of stuff. lol.

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

Fiber One bars do a good job of tasting like the average granola bar or soft cookie sold in US markets. I don't consider them as good as some brands like Cliff or Luna but are more affordable and not half bad. I have them around my house more for my son who needs fiber suppliments. But I certainly eat them...

I like the lemon Fiber One Bars. They are not half bad! The coffee cake ones are pretty good too. ALSO - Aldi sells an alternative that is just as good if not better than the Fiber One - if you're near an Aldi check it out. In fact I may hit Aldi later today to stock up on cheap processed junk!
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    You mean... this is a safe space that I can admit that I mostly rely on Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones frozen lunches during the work week?

So much this. I don't like having the same thing for lunch as I have for dinner and there's only so many sandwiches, soups, and salads I can eat. Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones are cheap, I didn't have to make it, and it fits in my calories. . .

And usually I have room for a copious amount of sweets afterwards so there's that too.

Not only that but some of those Lean Cuisines are really packed with protein!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    This thread is so magical. It's pizza night tonight and I'm not feeling guilty at all. I'm so excited!

It's pizza (and beer) night here too! Pizza night is THE best night :D
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Chick fil A Grilled chicken club with mayo and waffle fries:) - Love Love Pizza night too.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

This cracks me up. I don't understand why the quoted has to be mentioned. No one stated that they eat "junk food" all day every day. What OP was getting at is nutritious plus treats, or all foods in moderation. Nothing wrong with that. I find the quoted quite amusing and dramatic. Once still can be physically (and mentally) healthy including all foods in their diet. For some, including treats in their WOE actually helps them adhere to a deficit.

It is of a healthy mindset to eat foods without labeling them "good" or "bad". Demonizing foods can lead to orthorexia.

I eat processed meat substitutes and I eat fresh spinach arugala broccoli tomato celery carrots etc...and I eat chocolate covered fruit and frozen fruit smoothies...and I eat cheesecake fiber one (processed GASP) snackbars....and I eat lots of stuff. lol.

I've never tried those fiber one bars, but I really want to! It seems like a great way to hit the fiber goal. Do they taste good?

Fiber One bars do a good job of tasting like the average granola bar or soft cookie sold in US markets. I don't consider them as good as some brands like Cliff or Luna but are more affordable and not half bad. I have them around my house more for my son who needs fiber suppliments. But I certainly eat them...

I actually can not stand Luna bars or Cliff because to me they taste like stevia or other fake sugar and fiber one do not so I like them :)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I make a lot of home made stuff and also pancakes on weekends. I keep getting mistaken for a clean eater and in fact have some Paleos and vegetarians following me on Instagram. Joke's on them. I add a few tablespoons of white flour and a barn bred egg or two to improve the palatability.

When I told my co-workers that I eat "healthy" sometimes, they just look confused. I tried to explain again as I chowed down on my vegetarian curry and jasmine rice, "I'm a food adventurist". More blank stares. "I might not eat meat for a day or two." Ah, comprehension. I am now slotted as a shameless sometimes healthy eater.

I think the lack of shame is confusing for a lot of folks.

Lol but flour and eggs arent considered unclean food by most people but I don't care if you eat clean as long as you don't judge me for what I eat!
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I love ❤️ this thread...
    Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes for dinner....now a brownie with a cocktail or two. Well maybe more than two....kids are gone tonight
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I just ate an 800 calorie burger. It was seriously so amazing! Gonna have ice cream later. And it all wonderfully fits into my calories! Still losing weight.
  • wizzybeth
    Options

I actually can not stand Luna bars or Cliff because to me they taste like stevia or other fake sugar and fiber one do not so I like them :)

I hate Stevia!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

I hate Stevia!

Me too! I really hate stevia.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I had a salad for dinner tonight......

A taco salad! Yum!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat what i want. lost 80 pounds doing it that way. and unless you complain about something diet related, im unlikely to even ever LOOK at your diary.

i dont eat a lot of processed foods or prepackaged foods but thats cause i think it tastes gross. not for some high and mighty reason. LOLOL most of my dinners are in the recipe builder, so you dont even see the details of it.

im having steak and baked potatoes and asparagus tonight. theres a mexican place next to my work, and whenever you see fish tacos for lunch ... thats where i ate. LOL they are tiny and the chick who owns it and i are super friendly and she gave me the approximate weights for everything in it. so - thats pretty close most of the time.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Having fondue for dinner tonight...

That's 150g of yummy, melted cheese goodness with the equivalent in bread to eat it all...

06465335.jpg

oh my that looks good...