True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I confess having to talk about money makes my head hurt.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    angelxsss wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    Tonight my dude finally understood that he thinks we could have a future while I know we can't. I've been trying to tell him that that's the case from the get go, but he decided to believe "it's just the beginning, we'll see where it goes" and leaving the door open for something to possibly happen.

I confess that even though one could argue it was him letting himself get hurt after I clearly explained my stance, I still feel awful for hurting his feelings.

I also confess that I'm possibly more sad for him than for me. I've been really happy after being really sad for so long, and I know I'm just going to go back to being sad, and I really am having a hard time with accepting that that's how it'll be again.

But why can't you just see where it goes? If you're enjoying him and having fun why set parameters

Because he's too old and I'm not attracted to him. And I don't want to waste his time or lead him on because I know he's more serious about me than I am about him. He talked tonight about me meeting his kids. And we've been at this for just short of 3 weeks

Why did you sleep with someone you're not attracted to for 3 weeks? I don't get it.

Because I was lonely and I've never gotten to be in a relationship and I was tired of waiting and I wanted to know what it felt like. I was unhappy (with more than just being lonely) and I needed to find some way to be happy.

As you have found, being with someone you don't want to be with isn't going to make you happy sweetie. Find things you enjoy doing and go do them. Stay busy. I get being lonely. I have been alone for 3.5 years after 15 years of marriage. It's just not in me to settle just to say I have someone. It's not fair to the other person and it won't make you happy.

It made me happy, but I'm just not going to hurt him just for my benefit.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

Thinking about my debt makes my head hurt.
  • synchkat
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thinking about my debt makes my head hurt.

We were dealing with my mom's finances and getting my dad's Nan re removed from things. My mom has a stupid amount of money but it worried it's not enough
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I'm so bored I'm dragging the boy skating
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    I'm on page 5 of my book. I keep re-writing what I have. I don't want to sound like an idiot or bore people.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,498 Member
    Options
    I'm on page 5 of my book. I keep re-writing what I have. I don't want to sound like an idiot or bore people.

Chapter 5 ?

Is that the chapter where the dead reanimate and bust out of their crypts and start eating people's faces off?

... or is that chapter 7 ?
  • synchkat
    Options
    I confess I spilled krazy glue on my hand and practically glued my rings on
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    You'll have to wait until it comes out to see. I can't spoil all the good stuff! :p
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess i ate terribly at my friends birthday dinner, but eh, sometimes a Smokehouse BBQ burger is too good to pass up
  • angelxsss
    Options
    I just told the dude and I confess I feel *kitten* awful :(
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    How'd he take it?
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    He will be okay
  • angelxsss
    Options
    How'd he take it?

Pretty badly. He mostly just got down on himself but guilted me for making him feel that way. So we were both sitting there crying.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    :/ Sorry, he'll eventually get over it.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Options
    How'd he take it?

Pretty badly. He mostly just got down on himself but guilted me for making him feel that way. So we were both sitting there crying.
    You shouldn't feel guilty. You are young and trying to figure out what you want in life. At his age he should have known better than to ask you to meet his kids. That is a lot of pressure to put on anyone.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Tired but staying awake to watch tennis. Should just go to bed.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Tired but staying awake to watch tennis. Should just go to bed.

Want company :p