True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm genuinely ashamed of myself for my height, the effect that it has on women - and the consequence of me deliberately avoiding having anything to do with them (like crossing the street to avoid them or shifting sideways with my back to them when I can't cross the street and have to pass them) because I'm scared of the hate that I'll receive from them for being 5'8".
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    I'm genuinely ashamed of myself for my height, the effect that it has on women - and the consequence of me deliberately avoiding having anything to do with them (like crossing the street to avoid them or shifting sideways with my back to them when I can't cross the street and have to pass them) because I'm scared of the hate that I'll receive from them for being 5'8".

I know you feel bad sweetie and nothing I say will make any difference ..so I'll offer hugs and kisses ..and you will have to look down cause Im 5'5" :*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    I care about things way too much. That usually leads to disappointment.

Yes it does :(
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

I am, 5' 3" plus; a cowlick & I don't, believe that; 5' 8"'s short! Also isn't, Tom Cruise that; height? Possibly aiming to date women taller, than you might help; since it works for him! ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) <3
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I confess, I have been lying to everyone and it's actually my favorite when the first message I receive from someone is "boobs" followed by two heart eye emojis. Absolute favorite. Very classy, imo.
  • Chandra126
    Chandra126 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for you that you have such a self consciousness about height. I've seen some your posts regarding height.

I wish I was taller too. And sometimes wish I was shorter too! (I'm 5' 6")

Anyway, if girls (women) are B****** to you due to your height...they have other problems and priorities that you don't even want to be bothered with.
  • Lullaby45
    Lullaby45 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I confess I stared at this page for over 20 minutes, thinking of all the things I'd like to get off my chest...but couldn't type any out.

I also confess I'm confused as to why some people's posts say "*kitten*" randomly in a sentence.
  • moya_bleh
    Options
    Lullaby45 wrote: »
    I confess I stared at this page for over 20 minutes, thinking of all the things I'd like to get off my chest...but couldn't type any out.

I also confess I'm confused as to why some people's posts say "*kitten*" randomly in a sentence.

*kitten* is MFP's curse-filter :)
  • Lullaby45
    Options

*kitten* is MFP's curse-filter :)

Ohhh...I just got back on mfp. That's new. And hilarious. Thanks!
  • Chandra126
    Options
    my gist is that any "inappropriate" words are replaced with *kitten*...super weird - I know...
    what if you want to talk about your actual kitten?
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Have you considered therapy? 5'8 is a perfectly acceptable height, imo, and it seems like you might be putting more stock into it than others do.
  • moya_bleh
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

Have you considered therapy? 5'8 is a perfectly acceptable height, imo, and it seems like you might be putting more stock into it than others do.

Tried therapy. It won't change attitudes of others. I've been single for four years and on dating sites for that time. I was never self-conscious of my height before then.

"Don't even read this if you're under 6ft"

"I'm 5'3" and I like my heels, so nobody under 5'10"

"Swipe left if your height starts with 5"

Or the constant "How tall are you?" only to be immediately blocked, even if the woman blocking me is 5'2" or under herself.

Over and over and over and over again. That's not me, therapy isn't going to cure others' shallowness, narcissism or hateful attitudes.

• moya_bleh
    Options
    Chandra126 wrote: »
    my gist is that any "inappropriate" words are replaced with *kitten*...super weird - I know...
    what if you want to talk about your actual kitten?

What happens when you want to say that your kitten has just *kitten* all over the carpet?

• Chandra126
    Options
    haha! can you say crapped here?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Tired but staying awake to watch tennis. Should just go to bed.

Want company :p

Still awake and watch Federer v Nishikori.
  • Chandra126
    Options
    or do you mean barfed! (vomited) *kitten* leaves so many words up to my imagination :)
  • Lullaby45
    Options

Tried therapy. It won't change attitudes of others. I've been single for four years and on dating sites for that time. I was never self-conscious of my height before then.

Or the constant "How tall are you?" only to be immediately blocked, even if the woman blocking me is 5'2" or under herself.

Over and over and over and over again. That's not me, therapy isn't going to cure others' shallowness, narcissism or hateful attitudes.

You shouldn't be ashamed of your height just because of other people's *kitten* opinions. Be glad that they showed their true colours from the start. You don't need to waste your time on their shallow *kitten*. Sorry this doesn't help much.

There are lots of women out there that I see with "shorter" men. Maybe you need to move
  • moya_bleh
    Options

You shouldn't be ashamed of your height just because of other people's *kitten* opinions. Be glad that they showed their true colours from the start. You don't need to waste your time on their shallow *kitten*. Sorry this doesn't help much.

There are lots of women out there that I see with "shorter" men. Maybe you need to move

I want to leave the UK as soon as my daughter turns 18. It's a horrible place and there's nothing for me here.

• Chandra126
    edited January 2017
    Options
    [quote="
    I want to leave the UK as soon as my daughter turns 18. It's a horrible place and there's nothing for me here.

Wow, seriously!

Where do you want to go?

So funny to me 'cause one of the places that I most want to visit is the UK!

I am Canadian, and I also want to see all of Canada, (all that I haven't seen already)

#1 on my "travel to list" list is UK and New Zealand and Australia
  • moya_bleh
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Chandra126 wrote: »

Where do you want to go?

So funny to me 'cause one of the places that I most want to visit is the UK!

I am Canadian, and I also want to see all of Canada, (all that I haven't seen already)

#1 on my "travel to list" list is UK and New Zealand and Australia

I want to move to the US.