What did you eat today???

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Toast with cheese. Toast with nutella and honey.

The day is young ... lots more to come! :)

Toast sounds so good. :p Have you ever heard of sweet potato toast? I made these last night. Delish, but not anything like toast! LOL PS. I'm not doing Paleo, but the recipe sounded interesting.

We usually go with Helga's Pumpkin Seed & Grain.

pumpkinseeds.png

I will have to look for that, I don't think I've seen it before.

It's on the shelves of most of the grocery stores here in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yesterday- I had a Grand Scrambler at Taco Bell in the morning, a cheese and bacon hot dog with a shared order of fries at 5 Guys for lunch and then last night I had an oats bowl with 2 pkts flavored oats, 1 serving plain oats and then a handful of blueberries mixed in. I also had a donut from a local bakery in the afternoon.

Today-nothing in the morning, steak, salad and garlic toast for lunch and then I haven't figured out supper yet :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member

Toast sounds so good. :p Have you ever heard of sweet potato toast? I made these last night. Delish, but not anything like toast! LOL PS. I'm not doing Paleo, but the recipe sounded interesting.

pumpkinseeds.png

It's on the shelves of most of the grocery stores here in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. :)

Plus ... a slow cooker butter chicken and Chapati Wraps fried in garlic butter.
    Then ... melting moments cookies for dessert.
    Also a few snacks ... couple granola bars and some crackers with butter.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Yesterday I had:
    Breakfast: plain porridge with water
    Lunch: homemade broccoli & Stilton soup with cracker breads and some cucumber
    Dinner: lamb shank in rosemary & mint gravy with peas, potatoes, broccoli and white cabbage and a small glass of wine.
    I had a few cups of tea with skimmed milk during the day.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yesterday
    Breakfast: 2 waffles with raspberries and whipped cream, bacon and potato
    Lunch: Small bowl of soup
    Dinner: Half a small deep dish meat lovers pizza, pita bread and tziki
    Snack: 2 servings of ice cream
    Drink: 3 black coffee, hot chocolate, glass of wine

I planned a big day as I snow shoed for close to 3 hours and burned almost 1500 calories, and knew I needed to fuel it. Still under ~750 cals for the day as I could not eat all I had planned.
  • CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    Breakfast
    the Natural Bagel Company - Classic Bagel, 1 bagel with cream cheese and Turkey breast
    One scrambled egg
    Latte

Lunch
    Sirloin Steak with Pico de Gallo Salad, papadum and crispy rye bread from Ikea

Snaks so far
    Multipower - Coconut protein bar

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    A banana
  • mintchip16
    mintchip16 Posts: 2 Member
    Quaker brown sugar and maple oats, 2 Applegate chicken sausages for breakfast.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm a plain kind of person, which can make my current caloric requirements annoying at times.

Yesterday: 1 lbs. chicken breast, half pound of kidney beans, 1 lbs. of salmon, 1 lbs. brocolli, 1 oz. walnuts, 54g milk protein concentrate, 144g rolled oats, 2x No Cow bars, 2x MyProtein cookies, 2x Clif Blueberry Crisp bars, 1x Power Crunch bar.

Think that was everything. Ended up coming out to around 4300 kcals.

ETA: missed the 2x Rise bars and 1x Premier Protein bar.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    For those of you who drink kombucha... do you make it yourselves? I've always wanted to try that.

I have wanted to learn but haven't yet. I buy mine and usually have one in the afternoon.

Me too. I'm never sure how to obtain a scoby (mother). That part always puzzles me. LOL
  • TheSkyBlushed

pumpkinseeds.png

That may be why I haven't seen it. (In the USA). ;)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    Yesterday
    Breakfast: 2 waffles with raspberries and whipped cream, bacon and potato
    Lunch: Small bowl of soup
    Dinner: Half a small deep dish meat lovers pizza, pita bread and tziki
    Snack: 2 servings of ice cream
    Drink: 3 black coffee, hot chocolate, glass of wine

I planned a big day as I snow shoed for close to 3 hours and burned almost 1500 calories, and knew I needed to fuel it. Still under ~750 cals for the day as I could not eat all I had planned.

First, what a cute AVI, is that your dog??
    Second, I have always wanted to try snow shoeing!! (sp?) Of course living in the deep south doesn't help, as it's 82 F here today. :p
    Third, YUM! Waffles!!
  • TheSkyBlushed
    I'm a plain kind of person, which can make my current caloric requirements annoying at times.

Yesterday: 1 lbs. chicken breast, half pound of kidney beans, 1 lbs. of salmon, 1 lbs. brocolli, 1 oz. walnuts, 54g milk protein concentrate, 144g rolled oats, 2x No Cow bars, 2x MyProtein cookies, 2x Clif Blueberry Crisp bars, 1x Power Crunch bar.

Are you doing a paleo/crossfit type of thing? It doesn't sound too plain... blueberry crisp bars... nummy!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2017

Are you doing a paleo/crossfit type of thing? It doesn't sound too plain... blueberry crisp bars... nummy!

Nah, that's just how I like eating. I do high volume whole foods in the morning and early afternoon, then go low-volume calorie dense around lifting and bed time. I very quickly learned to hate going to bed with two pounds of chicken, brocolli and proats in my gut. I'll even mix a protein shake and leave it on thr sink in my bathroom to chug when I wake up to pee, if it means less food volume before bed.

The only thing I really have to watch is sodium, because anything over 3000 turns me into a water balloon unless I am on a keto cut. Me+carbs+salt=bad things.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Breakfast - coffee with half and half

Lunch - around a half cup of almonds and a good sized chunk of cheese

Dinner - taco salad (80/20 ground beef with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, onions, tomatoes, and salsa on top of a bed of greens)

Oh, and a slice of bacon for a snack.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch and dinner is still uncertain
  • TheSkyBlushed

Nah, that's just how I like eating. I do high volume whole foods in the morning and early afternoon, then go low-volume calorie dense around lifting and bed time. I very quickly learned to hate going to bed with two pounds of chicken, brocolli and proats in my gut. I'll even mix a protein shake and leave it on thr sink in my bathroom to chug when I wake up to pee, if it means less food volume before bed.

The only thing I really have to watch is sodium, because anything over 3000 turns me into a water balloon unless I am on a keto cut. Me+carbs+salt=bad things.

I hear you on the high volume foods they can make you so uncomfortable, especially at bedtime. I've had to stop food by 7pm or I regret it all night. :/ Ditto on the high sodium, although drinking lemon water helps with that a bit. :)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Breakfast - coffee with half and half

Lunch - around a half cup of almonds and a good sized chunk of cheese

Dinner - taco salad (80/20 ground beef with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, onions, tomatoes, and salsa on top of a bed of greens)

Oh, and a slice of bacon for a snack.

Now I want tacos... and bacon. Are bacon tacos a thing? Because if not, I may have to start that. ;)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm having my go to - Spicy Boca Chicken Salad, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese w/sugar free jello powder sprinkled in.

And because I'm a Steelers fan and its game day I'm going to have 1 or 6 Bud Light Platinums:)
  • TheSkyBlushed
    I'm having my go to - Spicy Boca Chicken Salad, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese w/sugar free jello powder sprinkled in.

And because I'm a Steelers fan and its game day I'm going to have 1 or 6 Bud Light Platinums:)

Hmm, I never would have thought of doing that with the cottage cheese. B)