40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• rosalie115
    rosalie115 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaargh!! So I had a pity party of 1 lasting for 3 days, including a migraine. Something hurts? Take comfort in food. Don't ask me how but I gained FIVE lbs during that time period. For weeks, I worked so hard walking/running to get that weight off, for it only to come back in 3 days! Now I'm beating myself up for allowing this to happen.

The worst part....in my younger days I would not have allowed him or work to get to me. I would've laughed and walked away from the rejection and hurt. And say, "you know what, you are soo not worth it."

I thought we're supposed to be wiser and better as we age and not regress! Why do I let stupid *kitten* get to me?
    Ok done venting. Subject closed. Time to tackle problems... AGAIN LMAO
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    rosalie115 wrote: »
    Aaaaaargh!! So I had a pity party of 1 lasting for 3 days, including a migraine. Something hurts? Take comfort in food. Don't ask me how but I gained FIVE lbs during that time period. For weeks, I worked so hard walking/running to get that weight off, for it only to come back in 3 days! Now I'm beating myself up for allowing this to happen.

The worst part....in my younger days I would not have allowed him or work to get to me. I would've laughed and walked away from the rejection and hurt. And say, "you know what, you are soo not worth it."

I thought we're supposed to be wiser and better as we age and not regress! Why do I let stupid *kitten* get to me?
    Ok done venting. Subject closed. Time to tackle problems... AGAIN LMAO

Much if not all of that could very easily be water weight. I can do that in one salty weekend, then drink lots of water, eat right and lose it again in a day or two.
    Just keep going and you will reach your goals. Keep in mind that for it to be a life change, it will include times like these as we all have them.
    Now go workout that stress and frustration! Be determined not to give anyone the power to set you back!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    tpowell617 wrote: »
    would love to join this group, I'm a 45yr old father of two. have been up and down most of my life, but diabetes runs in my family and I want no parts of it!! I enjoy running and have been doing the "ease into 5k app" (3wks in) and hope to run my first 5k in 5wks, it's a every other day program and I think I want to start biking on my off days, just to keep more active. The concept of this group is awesome!!

Good luck with the running. You'll love the 5k race....its a great gateway to running. And biking is a terrific low impact cross training activity for runners. Welcome.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    We got lucky today with mild temps for our long run. Did some work this morning, an 18 miler with 9 of it done at race pace. We're in the final 8 week countdown to race day, so volume is fairly high. Tomorrow will be an easy paced 8 miler followed by a swim. I'm coming to really love the swim workouts after runs since swimming helps to relieve the stress on these old legs.

Hope all you cool ones are having a great weekend!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Progressed yesterday in weight training. 90 min massage today. Heavy dreadlifts tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    74 tire flips. getting tougher to keep count. I may just go...and stop when i'm done. numbers be damned.
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! New year, looking for friends. Bit more about me: 40, worked a lot the last year and would go home and eat all the food. Work has let up a bit and I now have a bit of balance in my life. Now it's time to develop good eating habits.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Heavy deadlifts done. Heavy push presses done. Lots of accessory work. Worked barbell hip thrusts for the first time. They were fun and will be adding to my routine. I've never seen anyone do them at my gym so I'll see if I start a trend. And 15 minutes rowing. Took in about an extra 400 cals not tracked last night. I think it helped.

Looking forward to the games today. Fun fact: the winner of the last 8 playoff games between the NY Giants and Green Bay has gone on to win the championship.
  • MCgardener
    MCgardener Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want in! Love the title. And it's so TRUE. LOL.
    SOUNDS LIKE SOME KICK *kitten* LADIES ON HERE!
    I am 48. Do a lot of Beach body workouts. P90X, Insanity workouts, Hammer and Chisel.
    We are at that age where we have to fight for it!!!! I Will not go meekly into the abyss!!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Nothing extraordinary or super cool here.
    I just did livestrongs free workouts
    Stronger HIIT Fire
    and
    Stronger Recovery
  • jenbeck18
    jenbeck18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I am 45 :)
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Felt pretty dizzy last week. Made sure to eat plenty of iron rich foods on Saturday and that seemed to help. Dark chocolate to the rescue :). Now I need to make sure I remember to buy those iron pills.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "BEAST REST"...in progress.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gang!

Strength: Shortcut to size, month 3, week 1: Chest, Triceps and Calves tonight after work

Cardio: maybe later

Assessment: I have contacted my IIFYM coach and we decided to see the changes I want, I need to start a 3 months bulk, followed by a progressive cut. Today is the official start of my first ever bulk! I am very excited, yet, very worried!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    Another head cold?!?! Sheesh. Calories very low, today because my throat is so sore. :(

I decided I had zero energy to lift and went to a hatha yoga class instead. I did feel nicely stretched and relaxed. Hope to lift tomorrow.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowing long intervals: 2 x 20:00 / 5:00 rest. At each 5-minute mark, Power 10s (10 hard strokes). ~8km.