A text message I received...what do you think?

Replies

• DerangedPixi
    DerangedPixi Posts: 84 Member
    I would respond with
    "hahahha eff you. Bye Felicia"

I don't take kindly to that crap though.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    I was shocked when you said you've been together 8 years. If someone said that to me after dating three weeks, we would still be dunzo. Find someone who loves you for YOU. You are beautiful because of who you are. If he doesn't see that, that's a deal breaker.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    F* you would be my response back and never talk to him again. What an *kitten*.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    y1ropv8ycqd2.png

here ya go

He can't eat those. He'll get fat. ;)

OP-he sounds like a first class douche. A lying one.... Does his gym only accept pro bikini models, in comp condition, as members? What a crock. Sounds like a bunch of excuses and wank to me.

No one deserves to be spoken to like that. Get out without wasting any more time on someone who clearly doesn't deserve you!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I'm getting the vibe that his head is being turned by a PYT at the gym and this is his heavy handed way fo starting the "fade". He is rationalizing his attraction to another woman by projecting on to you. Rip the bandaid off for him. "Bye Felicia".

A man who can't make a solid commitment after eight years isn't worth your time.

well said.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Deal breaker.. Dude's an *kitten*.. Get away and count your blessing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Tell him to eff off. Then send him pics of you with someone else. I'll be your prop for the pic.

take this nice man up on his offer OP....
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    8 yrs??????

Do you have kids?

Is there a ring?

8yrs dating???????
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    OUCH!! Sounds like it is time for you to move on to better things in your life.
    Keep in mind you can't change a person like that!!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Well, if he were a good PT or a good boyfriend he would realize the only way you are going to be happy with a lifestyle change where you are "working hard and staying toned" (or however he phrased that) is if it is what you want for you, not what he wants for you.

I am also not sure how I feel about "wanting a girlfriend I can be proud to show off". I value myself as more than some trophy to my husband, and I think he values me as more too or else I wouldn't have married him.

8 years is a long time, but some of this would really worry me.

~Best wishes
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Let me be blunt, he's as "deep as a teaspoon"

Is that what you really want?
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    In all fairness though, it’s easy for everyone to say “I’d tell him to F-off” etc. but it’s not that cut and dry. 8 years is a long time and OP might be in love with this man. I would definitely have a conversation with him about how he hurt your feelings and how superficial his text was and go from there. It doesn't sound like he's worth your time but if you feel it's worth it, talk to him about how he made you feel.

Yeah @J_Surita3 just nailed it.