40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 - for someone that does not like yoga, you do it enough....cause you know it's good for you. :)

Awesome snowshoe on Saturday. We were supposed to go sledding on Sunday, but we ended up having a beach party instead. Very mild week, melted all the snow on the hill.

Ran today. Felt Great! Hoping to start a regular running schedule now as the training begins for the half in June.
  • sdereski
    Options
    k5e96zo40q7k.jpg

Am out on the beach building a "jail" with the kids.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    k5e96zo40q7k.jpg

Am out on the beach building a "jail" with the kids.

What a beautiful place!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    90 minute bike trainer ride done. Starting to increase time in the saddle.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, down 4.5 pounds. I will take it. 10 more to go. I pulled a muscle in my back. Had to get muscle relaxers from the doc yesterday. Yoga as opposed to meltdown to play it safe. Gam3rguy, hug your 4 legged princess for me. Give her my love. Have a great days kids.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

Are you training for a tri?
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good Morning my friends!

@sdereski gorgeous pictures! thank you for sharing!

Strength: Back, Biceps and Abs to be done tonight

Cardio: Not today, but am doing Yoga Challenge nightly

Assessment: Month 3 of Shortcut to Size, weight is getting way too heavy, specially to lift it for 12-15 reps that it requires for the first week of each phase! and I don't want to back off on weight, because I'm kinda too stubborn to back down easy, so it is very very challenging!
    Second day of my bulk, yesterday was not all that successful, I eat naughty but was still low 20-40 points in each macro, and felt so full! need to be smarter about the bulking game!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »

Are you training for a tri?

Yes, eventually, lol. Since I'm 8 weeks out from the Va Beach marathon, my coach has me doing 5 runs, 2 bikes and 2 swims per week. The marathon marks the end of a 20 week run focused training block.

Two "A" races in my triathlon schedule this year, the Patriot Half Iron race in June and the Ironman 70.3 Lake Placid in September. My coach suggested an increase in my bike work during marathon training, since it will help prepare me for a ramp up in bike/swim volume starting in late March. Finally, she's been in my ear frequently about signing up for the full distance Ironman race being held at Mont Tremblant in August, but I'm not sure I want to commit to the 140.6 distance this year.

BTW: LOVE the pictures. What a beautiful setting! See that you've started run training for your half. Are you dealing with much snow on the roads, or training indoors?
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Bro workout last night. Translation: Low weights and high reps. :)

Feeling good for my weigh in tomorrow. Looking to drop 12lbs by May.

I will have my first PT session this Friday. Knee has been giving me too many problems on squats. Hopefully this PT can help.

Are there any other 40 year old geeks out here? lol The Last Jedi? :)
  • akaguna
    akaguna Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello 45 year old mother of three trying to lose 10 pounds! Just started mfp (again) as logging my foods seems to help keep me going. Wanting to be healthy by actually eating foods I like....so not really considering this a diet, but more like portion control!
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello all, 48yrs old just looking for new friends and motivation! I go to the gym 3 times a week. Kettle Bell on Tues, Werq on Wed and Yoga on Thurs. Originally lost over 40lbs (2yrs ago) sadly gained most all back. Need new ideas and motiovation (did I mention that, LOL).
  • gam3rguy
    Options

Are there any other 40 year old geeks out here? lol The Last Jedi? :)

right here! I'd buy my ticket now if I could!!!

• mattyc772014
    Options
    @gam3rguy me too! What do you think of the title?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    @gam3rguy me too! What do you think of the title?
    meh...I don't mind it. going no matter the title. never missed one...even the animated Clone Wars!
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    @gam3rguy Same here. Meh. :) Cant wait to see the trailer.
  • sdereski
    Options
    @Djproulx - good for you! That's a lot of training and racing. I sort of get where the trainer is coming from - with all the training you are doing, you are probably more ready than you realize for the full Ironman distance.

We have had such a mild 2 weeks, that the highways are bare (that's where I run). The roads in town are a mess, so I just park on a side road and hit the highway. Felt so good yesterday. That was a pleasant surprise. I could have run farther, but didn't want to push it too much on my first day. I think all the snowshoeing and longer walks I have been doing have benefited me that way.

Cold weather is coming again, so am sure the snow is not far behind. We actually woke up to snow this morning, but it was wet, heavy stuff and has already melted. So real messy out.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    ...bet we see it before we see a new "Justice League" trailer. :(

• mattyc772014
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    ...bet we see it before we see a new "Justice League" trailer. :(

I hear April it will drop.