Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    Those pancakes sound amazing! :open_mouth:

I upped my calories to 1820 (1.5 lb/wk) and I've been trying so hard not to spend all of my extra calories on sweets! I feel a lot better on 1800 so far, since I started getting dizzy while working out when I was eating 1610...

Despite that small setback, I've added 10 lbs to my bench press, 5 lbs to my other lifts, and tacked on 1 extra minute of running to my interval training! :smiley:

Awesome!

And...she who eats the most, and still loses, WINS!!!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options

I upped my calories to 1820 (1.5 lb/wk) and I've been trying so hard not to spend all of my extra calories on sweets! I feel a lot better on 1800 so far, since I started getting dizzy while working out when I was eating 1610...

Despite that small setback, I've added 10 lbs to my bench press, 5 lbs to my other lifts, and tacked on 1 extra minute of running to my interval training! :smiley:

Awesome!

And...she who eats the most, and still loses, WINS!!!

For sure! It's just really odd because I'm so full all the time! But, I'm doing strength training 2x a week and interval running 2x a week with yoga in between, so I imagine my body deserves all the fuel I can afford to give it :)

...And with that in mind, I'm going to go see if I can make some black bean brownies :yum:
  • LenGray
    Options
    @devron0129 Congratulations! :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with cream cheese sauce and berry-jalepeno syrup for breakfast! :o No idea how many calories, but freaking delicious!

That sounds amazing! How spicy?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I really want an Apple Watch 2, but I keep putting off buying one because of how much it cost. I know I don't need one, but it's pretty and has some pretty cool features, so I want it. I want one so bad that I had a dream about one last night, lol.

I mean I know eventually I'm going to buy one, but I'm trying to be good and not buy one b/c my Fitbit still works. Plus, my sister is getting married this year, so I'm going to have to buy a bridesmaid dress. I'm going to Vegas in May, so it's not like I don't have things that my money needs to go to, but yeah... eventually it's going to happen. I already know myself, lol.

I am the same way. That's why my husband never knows what to get me for birthdays and such. If I want something I find a way to get it myself!

My friend and I are the same way. We actually were going to get each other a gift but we couldn't because we each had already purchased it for ourselves, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Great progress on your lifting & running! Keep kicking butt.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I really want an Apple Watch 2, but I keep putting off buying one because of how much it cost. I know I don't need one, but it's pretty and has some pretty cool features, so I want it. I want one so bad that I had a dream about one last night, lol.

I mean I know eventually I'm going to buy one, but I'm trying to be good and not buy one b/c my Fitbit still works. Plus, my sister is getting married this year, so I'm going to have to buy a bridesmaid dress. I'm going to Vegas in May, so it's not like I don't have things that my money needs to go to, but yeah... eventually it's going to happen. I already know myself, lol.

I'm right there with you. I want one too.
  • raymax4
    Options

Great progress! There is always the temptation to run and eat the sweets when you have extra calories to spare.
  • LenGray
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly Thanks! I'm trying my best lol

@raymax4 Most definitely. I'm trying to focus on more healthy sweets and that seems to be helping. The black bean brownies I'm making tonight (will post pictures later) are only 134 calories per brownie and smell amazing so far!
  • raymax4
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly Thanks! I'm trying my best lol

@raymax4 Most definitely. I'm trying to focus on more healthy sweets and that seems to be helping. The black bean brownies I'm making tonight (will post pictures later) are only 134 calories per brownie and smell amazing so far!

Illbelooking forward to seeing the pictures and hearing about them. I bet they will pack some fiber too.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Pancakes with cream cheese sauce and berry-jalepeno syrup for breakfast! :o No idea how many calories, but freaking delicious!

Quik, when I come for thanksgiving, can we have this for breakfast??

Ummmm, I know how to make jalepeno cranberry sauce, so we could probably figure out the syrup, right?

Or we could go there one morning?

Eta: on this highly mythical trip I have invented and invited myself to thanksgiving if there is moonshine pie ;)

I follow ya! I think we're meeting at Mo's, though! @MoHousdon

I'm going wherever there is moonshine pie!

Confessions thread thanksgiving! (probably only a novelty to me. But sounds like permission to pig out on yummy good),

I also learned about funeral potatoes today. I want these!
  • LenGray
    Options
    @MissKalhan, I'm using the one from here-- https://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Brownie-Recipes/Black-Bean-Brownies-101

I logged mine into 8 servings rather than 16 though. :) So, these two brownies would 1 serving instead of 2, if that makes sense..?
    412xl47h0g4g.jpg
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Ummmm, I know how to make jalepeno cranberry sauce, so we could probably figure out the syrup, right?

Eta: on this highly mythical trip I have invented and invited myself to thanksgiving if there is moonshine pie ;)

Confessions thread thanksgiving! (probably only a novelty to me. But sounds like permission to pig out on yummy good),

This is a constant at family gatherings for my husband. Since my mother in law passed, it has come to me to make them. They are sooo good!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Where I will be waiting for you both! Yup, that's right, I'm hijacking this trip :smiley:

Yay!!! Brits on tour right? For an all American thanksgiving!

That would be awesome!! Then we could all raid Mo's house and have Thanksgiving!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Oooh, yeah! Funeral potatoes are amazing! *drool
  • quiksylver296
    Options

That sounds amazing! How spicy?

Not too spicy. Just a bit of heat in the syrup, with good flavor.