Replies

• danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I live in Walpole, we're neighbors!!:flowerforyou:
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Logging in my food today and drinking water!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I need some opinions. This is the most supportive and least opinionated group I've found so I'm coming to you! My sodium intake is always at or just above daily recommendation of 2500. I'm usually between 2500 and 3000. And of course a majority of people who look at my diary say "Oh you've GOT to cut down on the sodium. And I do usually watch it to make sure it's not way out of whack. Here's my dilemma. I have never in my life had a problem with sodium. My blood pressure is borderline low, I've never had bloating or water retention except TOM. I spend at least 6 hours a day, every day, literally pouring sweat. Not glowing, not perspiring, but looking like I was in the shower soaking wet from sweat. I drink about 12 to 15 glasses of water a day(6 to 8 .5 litre bottles) I honestly don't believe my 500 or so mg over is really a problem. Please tell me what you think, and if I'm missing any valid points here!

Oma, I was thinking if you are drinking a lot of water and keeping salt intake around MFP recommendations, you should be fine. I did a small google and found this answer right away and it made sense to me.

But you can take it with a GRAIN OF SALT, if ya want!! :wink:

If you do not drink enough water throughout the day, your body will go into survival mode. This means that your body's natural tendency is to hold onto water and store it because it is not getting enough from outside sources. When your body does this, it stores the water beneath your skin and on top of your muscles.

This water retention can then obscure your muscle definition and make you look softer than you really are. It can also easily be mistaken for fat. And yes, it does add unecessary weight to your body.

Sodium has a tendency to cause a need for more water being retained within your body. The only way to combat this is to either take in less sodium and/or drink an adequate supply of water throughout each day to rid your body of any sort of water retention.

The most important thing is to drink enough water...you do this and you won't have to worry so much about water retention and you'll keep that unecessary water weight off your body

Here was the website
    http://caloriecount.about.com/whats-bad-sodium-ft13024

Thank you for finding this! It's pretty much what I was thinking myself!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Wow! thanks for the nice welcome this looks to be a GREAT group of people. I look forward to getting to know you all more.
    Yesterday I unfortunately flopped on my goals. :embarassed:
    Today is a new day, and I will succeed!

I apologize if anyone thinks I step out of line on this, I realize I am new. . .
    I need some opinions. This is the most supportive and least opinionated group I've found so I'm coming to you! My sodium intake is always at or just above daily recommendation of 2500. I'm usually between 2500 and 3000. And of course a majority of people who look at my diary say "Oh you've GOT to cut down on the sodium. And I do usually watch it to make sure it's not way out of whack. Here's my dilemma. I have never in my life had a problem with sodium. My blood pressure is borderline low, I've never had bloating or water retention except TOM. I spend at least 6 hours a day, every day, literally pouring sweat. Not glowing, not perspiring, but looking like I was in the shower soaking wet from sweat. I drink about 12 to 15 glasses of water a day(6 to 8 .5 litre bottles) I honestly don't believe my 500 or so mg over is really a problem. Please tell me what you think, and if I'm missing any valid points here!

It's not a problem for you. Taking into consideration what you have discribed it sounds like you are fine with that much sodium. But I also want you to know I only have life learning to give that opinion. You end up learning alot about water intake, dehydration, and the importance of sodium intake when a hubby (and many other friends/family) work out in the sun thoughout the year. There is even such a thing as not getting enough sodium. It is because you mention that you sweat alot that your sodium intake sounds right for you. And Yay for you drinking all the water! :drinker:

Thank you very much for the input! This is exactly why I asked here! I've worked in places before where we kept sodium tablets right next to the Gatorade for just that reason! I work as a carpenter(sort of) There are days when I I can feel that I actually NEED sodium!
    And to anyone who's spending alot of time outdoors this record breaking summer, if you start feeling weak, dizzy, discombobulated...yes drink some water, but also get some sodium in you...FAST!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 2

Goal 1: ChaLean Xtreme program faithfully! There's no way I honestly can't find half an hour even on my busiest day!
    Checked with my doctor today(unrelated issue) He's familiar with the program and said he would prefer I waited to drop another 20 pounds. Something to do with the concept of using enough weight to make you reach "failure". Not that it's a problem but because of the amount of weight I lift all day at work he's concerned I'm gonna hurt something! Will keep doing the Gazelle and use TaeBo and that cute little Richard Simmons!!
    Goal 2: Clean kitchen immediately after meals. I'm notorious for letting things sit!
    I was lazy today had mini raviolis! can in trash...bowl and spoon washed!!!
    Goal 3: Increase my water(slacked off lately and I can feel it!)
    I think I was thirsty today...based on 8 oz glasses, I had 20 glasses of water today!!
    Goal 4: Take 30 minutes a day for me time; shaving my legs, painting my toe nails, facial treatment, etc....
    soaked in the tub, with bubbles, read my book til the water got cold!!
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Oma, as hot as it was today, you should have started that tub with COLD WATER!! :-) You my friend, must be a ROCK!! My hubby thinks I'm a rock, but I think you win!!

Please don't take that wrong, it is a very good thing!! You are a very strong woman, n every way!! (((huggs)))

I would have passed on the ravioli though! LOL I don't like anything out of a can like that. OK, maybe beans & tomatoes! LOL
    GOOD JOB ON THE WATER!!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Oma, as hot as it was today, you should have started that tub with COLD WATER!! :-) You my friend, must be a ROCK!! My hubby thinks I'm a rock, but I think you win!!

Please don't take that wrong, it is a very good thing!! You are a very strong woman, n every way!! (((huggs)))

I would have passed on the ravioli though! LOL I don't like anything out of a can like that. OK, maybe beans & tomatoes! LOL
    GOOD JOB ON THE WATER!!

Thank you! I prefer to think of myself as WonderWoman!!! Damn that Linda! Now that's a rockin body!!!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Did a little better with pilates today. It's a challenge. Also did day one of the shred. If I can survive it, may try a round while saving for enough weights for chalean.

Oma, how does losing weighthelp with that? I originally planned to wait until ONEderland to start it, but then got excited. Btw, way to take some you time today!
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Day 1 of 30DS was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I actually did jumping jacks. I did not think I had it in me. Push ups were the hardest part for me. MissDee there are jumping jacks, jumping rope, squats and lunges. Not a good workout if you have knee problems!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Day 1 of 30DS was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I actually did jumping jacks. I did not think I had it in me. Push ups were the hardest part for me. MissDee there are jumping jacks, jumping rope, squats and lunges. Not a good workout if you have knee problems!

Good for you!!!! Sounds like you had an impressive start!! Keep at it girl!!

OUCH!! I can't do any of those. :-( Welllllll you should see me improvise doing most of that on my BALL!! LOL I actually do jumping jacks on my ball!! The push ups on the ball are hard, so I just do them my way, when I feel like it! LOL
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Oma - Nice job working on your your goals today! Hoepfully you will dorp the 20 pounds and you will be back to ChaLean soon. Love the bubble bath idea!
    Did a little better with pilates today. It's a challenge. Also did day one of the shred. If I can survive it, may try a round while saving for enough weights for chalean.
    Way to go with pilates, it seems to be like yoga, each time you do it you will find yourself getting a little bit better.
    Way to rock 30DS today!! Keep it up. Way to go with jumping jacks... I still struggle with them a lot.

Monday check in for me:
    1. Week 6 P90x - week 6 day 1 - DONE! Today was Core Synergistics... did pretty good, need more core strength!
    2. 3-4 non P90x workouts - Got a 30 minute bike ride in today!!!
    3. Bed time 10:00 Sunday - Thursday - I'm planning on it. It's only 9:00 now so I have an hour :-)

Keep up all the hard work everyone. We CAN do this!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    water goood 10 cups, no walk but under calories today.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!

FORGIVE ME!! I'm Exhausted!! 4 hrs driving & 6 hours waiting while Hubby had his "Pain School" and I will repeate the day tomorrow. BUT He is getting a lot of help & ideas!! This is great.

For those that don't know, my hubby was recently dignosed with Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) AKA, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)

So we have a LOT of medical appointments 2 hrs away.

I tried to walk today but it was just too dang hot I couldn't breath! I thought I would die. So I only walked 15 min & was tooooo exhausted tonight to do anything. I did make supper & do the dishes though. LOL

Reporting today

(¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Just Say No!♥ ♥ NO TO HUBBY'S COOKIES!
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥ 15 MINUTES!! nope
    3♥Daily Check-in!!!♥ ♥ i'M HERE!!!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You and your husband are in my prayers:flowerforyou: Hope all goes well with doctor appointments
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to have joined you all for this weekly challenge business. I have had a good day (mfp wise) for the first time in a long time. Everyone on here is so upbeat! I really leaves a person with a good feeling! :happy:

Goals
    1. Get my personal requirement of water in every single day. (120oz) ~~YES! 120 and more.
    2. zumba every week day (Mon-Fri) ~~I did! for much longer than I have for weeks!
    3. stay under calories (I eat my exercise cals) ~~I did it! It has been so long since I have seen that calorie number green in the evening!

MissDee, prayers for your husband and his health. :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love this post. These days I'm taking it one week at a time, and if that doesn't work it's one day at a time, and if that doesn't work then it's one right decision at a time all day long until they add up :happy:

My goals and progress:

1. NO EATING PAST 8PM -- check. I'm so hungry tonight though!
    2. LOG IN CALORIES -- check
    3. GET UP EVERY HOUR FROM MY DESK AND WALK AROUND -- check!

Instead of eating tonight I went for a 60-minute walk down by the beach. it felt great!
  • PamalaJoy
    PamalaJoy Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd like to join your group too! Maybe one week at a time will be easier to manage than my bigger goal. (Always looking at the whole mountain instead of the next ten feet! LOL)
    My goals are: (I'm going Tues. to Sunday just this week.)

Make my calorie goals. This is the hardest for me because I tend to wait to eat until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then I'm starving and I start snacking like crazy.
    Find 3 new waterfalls and hike to them.
    Increase my water to 4 daily. (I usually run 1, maybe 2. I'm not a water drinker!)

That's it!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Mondays Results - got a great 2 hr. workout in, good amount of water & my food diary looked good!:drinker:

Adding another goal!!:wink::heart: Remembering to check in each day here and share how the day was.:flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    PamalaJoy it's great to have you join us, this is my first round as well.

Love the concept of keeping it at a week at a time, very do-able & I'm really enjoying everyone on this group!
    The enthusiasm and support is simply wonderful:smooched:

Hello to everyone that's a veteran and to all the new comers like me, so glad we all jumped on board, it excites me because as we know small goals/baby steps often seem to work so much better. Far less pressure and checking in daily is a wonderful part of it.

Thank you ALL for bringing this back for another round and welcoming us so kindly!
    Particularly a special thanks to Dee for beginning this thread!:flowerforyou:
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Reporting on yesterday, day 2 for me! Didn't do any exercise, TOO HOT! But, my calories were just around goal so I don't feel too badly. I work at a school so I am on summer break and I find that makes it hard to eat breakfast, but I'm making a point to try. I'm so happy to have found all of you, I like this group and this idea of baby steps. I think it is so easy to get discouraged when you try to accomplish too much at once.

With this heat coming in everywhere, I hope everyone only does what they can manage for exercise and not worry about it. I've been badly dehydrated once during a charity walk and believe me, you don't want to go through that. HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE :drinker:

Dee, I wish your husband fast relief from his pain.:flowerforyou:

Happy losing to us all!!!!!!!