For the people who work out like crazy and are not losing

Options

Replies

• Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    and that's all folks....Basic, straight to the point, and best advice ever:bigsmile:
  • thebuxompilgrim
    thebuxompilgrim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you. There is always something new to learn. :)
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tgosney
    tgosney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great advice...thank you!
  • derynb
    derynb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My husband has been telling me this stuff for years......Tom Venutos' book is his bible. Thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Such great advice that here it is 4 months later and it is still doing the rounds. I will be getting my friends to read it. Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    totally agree with you. i was a victim of diet plateaus, crash diets, diet pills, slimming teas, herbalife etc. (name it and i had it) for many years since i was a teenager. as i read in one article, the best diet is NOT DIETING AT ALL where the word diet means crazy fad diets that will result in quick weight loss (namely muscle and H2O loss, not fat) but only to regain it quickly. some are trying to take advantage of distressed people by selling something that will promise quick weight loss. eversince i started tracking my calories, i slowly learned eating the right way in the right portions without even dieting and it also made me start to eat breakfast and not skipping meals. although i had my plateau for 4 months (no change in my weight nor my measurements) but only to discover that my body is already resistant because its so used to what im doing. but when i started to challenge my body with more strength training workouts and an extra day of workout, i lost add'l 11 lbs., 5 inches on my waist, 3 inches on my chest and 2.5 inches on my hips. (i'm a pear shaped woman btw). from an obese woman last year, im now in my normal healthy weight range.
  • sunshinemonkey
    Options
    great info!
  • sunshinemonkey
    Options
    great info!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    BUMP!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Thank you so much for the information. Hoping this will get me over my plateau!
  • struong12
    struong12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    Bump. Great info thanks for posting. I wish I had read this in Jan when I started.
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    Glad I found this. I feel a plateau coming on and I'm one of those workout like a maniac and stay exactly within my calorie allotment. Gonna see if I can head off that plateau. Adding some PNB and almonds right now!!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Love your wit and attitude.

One of the hardest lessons I've learned in the last year is that some weeks, I will not lose.
    But I've never been one to workout like crazy. I loathe working out. So to become such is just not gonna happen. Sometimes, I wish I could get "addicted" to working out. Or that I at least enjoyed it more. But I don't. I accept that, make myself do a certain amount, and be done with it.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Excellent read! Thanks for reminding me what I already knew, but forgot in the number craze to verify my accomplishments!