40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Quick checkin. Did 45min of p90x arms and shoulders this morn (mentally couldnt sych myself up for kettlebells so thought I would switch it up). Back to feeling tired all the time these days and noy exactly sure how to snap out of it. All in all things are good down about half of what I added during the last few months of travel and super happy its Friday today.

Looking forward to watching both Australian Open finals this weekend.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    Warmed up on an inclined treadmill, then rowed intervals (5x5:00/5:00r).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    Nice 8km run tonight! It's getting better. :)

Nice work. Looks like you're getting right into the running groove.
  • Djproulx
    Good morning, cool ones....

Another weekend of run work ahead. Group run today for 18 with 12 done at marathon pace. Recovery paced 8 miler tomorrow, then a swim clinic.

Its cooling down to more typical winter temps, but the roads are clear, so life is good :)
  • elizabeppes
    elizabeppes Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2017
    Stepping out to hopefully complete an 8 mile run in a few minutes. Very nervous as this is longest distance I've run in almost a year.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Stepping out to hopefully complete an 8 mile run in a few minutes. Very nervous as this is longest distance I've run in almost a year.

Good luck, cool posting a few minutes before event. Going after a 400 lb. bench in about an hour myself. Lil bit nervous, which is good.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

Good luck, cool posting a few minutes before event. Going after a 400 lb. bench in about an hour myself. Lil bit nervous, which is good.
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »

@elizabeppes - Nice job on your run! Congrats.

@Z_I_L_L_A - I can't even imagine a 400lb bench...just wow!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Yay for the muddy-ten!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "BULK: Rest"...in progress. food prep now, may take the pup out for a hike later! :p
  • Djproulx
    @sdereski Beautiful pictures as always. What a spectacular setting. Wish we had a bit more snow cover here. My wife and I have been hoping to do some snoeshoeing this winter.

Started with an 8 mile recovery paced run before heading over to the Sunday morning swim clinic. Got some good tips from the swim coaches and managed to get in 1700 yds at the pool. Now I'm feeling lazy. Food and couch time!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,094 Member
    edited January 2017
    Spent most of my weekend in Kitchen Cabinet Clean-out mode - The official total is 5 hours of cleaning cabinets. 8 cabinets and 2 drawers sorted, reorganized, purged and wiped down/cleaned. 3 trash bags (~30-40 gallons) full of expired, old, broken items pitched. Number of steps up/down on the step ladder: no idea, but feels like a lot. I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm spent.

Yesterday I started C25K. While I walk a lot, I've not really run much in 25+ years due to bad knees. Hoping that if I take it slowly using the program, I can get back to running again.

And my usual it's too cold/dreary to go paddling miles done on my glider at home. Now to get caught up on some planks.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    great photos, sdereski!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Busy weekend - HIIT class yesterday after 3weeks off and 14.5km today
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    I'll be 40 May 1st..I'll be back!! :D
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Back from a week of being ill. Missed so much on here! Well done everyone. Taking it slow today and not doing kettlebells. Walking to work will probably cause enough coughing and spluttering to feel like a proper workout...