Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    It's annoying me how this dude keeps walking by my office and feels that he has to look in here every damn time he passes

Close the door.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    When people begin their reply with "Yeah no blah blah blah...". That phrase "Yeah/ No" has worked it's way into the lexicon of many folks. It grates on my ears when I hear it.
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When people ask you if you "have a minute", but when you tell them you don't they continue yammering on anyways.
  • Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Selfish People. I can't stand anyone who finds it a gargantuan task to share things.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    When people begin their reply with "Yeah no blah blah blah...". That phrase "Yeah/ No" has worked it's way into the lexicon of many folks. It grates on my ears when I hear it.

I couldn't agree more. I've noticed it's especially bad in movies now days.
    When people ask you if you "have a minute", but when you tell them you don't they continue yammering on anyways.

My husband is the worlds worst at this. He calls me at work and yammers away.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Is this something that started in a specific region? I first started noticing it with hockey players being interviewed. Many were from Canada. I just wonder if it is one of those things that is regional.

probably

everyone knows that canada is the source of all great evil.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Is this something that started in a specific region? I first started noticing it with hockey players being interviewed. Many were from Canada. I just wonder if it is one of those things that is regional.

probably

I'm deciding whether I should step back and watch you get your *kitten* beat or throw myself in front of you

join me!

misery loves company
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

I'm a native New Yorker (I know...I know...) and I've always perceived the whole "Yeah, No!" thing as a New Jersey idiosyncrasy, right up there with "Oohh! Eyy!! Ohh!!".
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

probably

Ahem??????

and I totally say this. and I guess I am evil so perhaps you have a point.

the Ya is more like an acknowledgement like ya I heard you but no don't be a moron
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    The "F" word. The one that means to pass gas. Seriously, I hate when people discuss it, like it's funny. IT'S NOT. What kind of asinine conversation could that possibly be? I hate hearing or even reading the word. It's just stupid.

Clearly you've never read 'Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'

Also there's nothing wrong with farts.

My friend recently had a baby (2 months-ish) and the second day she was like "why are they not letting me leave?" Luckily I am very close with her and asked her "have you farted or pooped? They aren't going to let you leave until they know all your lower plumber is working." Both of those things are very important in the medical field.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Sooo when im out and about, people will come up to me and ask me if I served before. Im like yes, Marine Corps. After that, they want to shake my hand and thank me for my service.... I don't like people thanking me for my service. It makes me feel weird and I want to tell them- Don't thank me, you go serve too. Honestly, I didn't do it for you. I did it for me.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    When I'm in a bad mood and people around me are all happy and joyful and *kitten*.

Water chestnuts bring joy and happiness.
  • synchkat
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    When I'm in a bad mood and people around me are all happy and joyful and *kitten*.

Water chestnuts bring joy and happiness.

it's true I think of them as a very happy vegetable
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Technology in general
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options

I'm a native New Yorker (I know...I know...) and I've always perceived the whole "Yeah, No!" thing as a New Jersey idiosyncrasy, right up there with "Oohh! Eyy!! Ohh!!".

I first noticed it with my 32 yo Millennial son, who lives in Brooklyn. Then more and more on radio and I listen to sports talk radio.

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    My latest MFP pet peeve is when people keep replying to a post with longass bloggy crap after the original question was answered a hundred times in different ways. Asked, answered, OP acknowledged, MOVE ON, for crying out loud. Do you seriously think your short story is going to be read by the OP who already deactivated by the way. I say, not likely.

*jumps off soap box* carry on.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Technology in general

This pos... /////... I agre//// becau//^^^ and then she.. \\\>>.... * fatal error **
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    My latest MFP pet peeve is when people keep replying to a post with longass bloggy crap after the original question was answered a hundred times in different ways. Asked, answered, OP acknowledged, MOVE ON, for crying out loud. Do you seriously think your short story is going to be read by the OP who already deactivated by the way. I say, not likely.

What are you wearing?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I think a lot of people just skip to the end and don't read anyone else's comments.

tl;dr
  • synchkat
    Options

But my opinion is the best even though others said it bettwr before me