What is the daftest weight related thing someone has ever said to you?

Options

Replies

• eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    "Sugar is as addictive as heroin."

pertsonally i find this very true .... but i have also heard

SUGAR DOESNT MAKE YOU FAT .
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I knew a guy who decided he was going to lose weight by not eating after 8pm.
    If that arbitrary rule wasn't silly enough (although it could work for someone who is only overweight due to overeating in the evenings), he had exceptions for it.
    Popcorn and milk didn't count!! I guess he'd been told that they were healthy snacks so he was allowing them after his cut off (or maybe the milk didn't count because it was liquid and thus not food?).

Well one day we're out in a group and we stop at Mcdonalds but it's after 8 pm. We all order our food while he goes next door to the gas station and comes back with a half gallon of chocolate milk. He sits and drinks the entire thing while explaining to us that he only has milk and popcorn after 8 because he needs to lose weight.

For reference, my quarter pounder, fries and coke had a total of 1,330 calories (51g of fat, 38g of protein and 188g of carbs).
    His half gallon of chocolate milk had 1,120 calories (16g of fat, 8 grams of protein and 232 grams of carbs).

But he wasn't eating after 8...

Well he wasn't chewing after 8pm, (excluding popcorn)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    MaybeLed wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I knew a guy who decided he was going to lose weight by not eating after 8pm.
    If that arbitrary rule wasn't silly enough (although it could work for someone who is only overweight due to overeating in the evenings), he had exceptions for it.
    Popcorn and milk didn't count!! I guess he'd been told that they were healthy snacks so he was allowing them after his cut off (or maybe the milk didn't count because it was liquid and thus not food?).

Well one day we're out in a group and we stop at Mcdonalds but it's after 8 pm. We all order our food while he goes next door to the gas station and comes back with a half gallon of chocolate milk. He sits and drinks the entire thing while explaining to us that he only has milk and popcorn after 8 because he needs to lose weight.

For reference, my quarter pounder, fries and coke had a total of 1,330 calories (51g of fat, 38g of protein and 188g of carbs).
    His half gallon of chocolate milk had 1,120 calories (16g of fat, 8 grams of protein and 232 grams of carbs).

But he wasn't eating after 8...

Well he wasn't chewing after 8pm, (excluding popcorn)

Ironic that chewing burns calories. lol