What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options

Buy yourself some yaktracks

my trainer wears them to run and the weather hasnt' slowed him down at all.

for me, it's usually bike with the studded snow tires, but this was an aberrant situation i'm just happy to have gotten out of feeling as good as i do.

I just hated the thought of you slipping on the ice and hurting yourself. We have stuff to do........Goals to reach.....NSV's to discover!!! :) Good job on making it home. Especially with that heavy backpack!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »

This is great what sort of training are you doing free weights or machines

Machines at the moment but I want to use free weights as my right side is weaker than my left (go figure, my right is my "dominant" side) plus my core strength is non-existant. Just waiting for a PT session to become available as I haven't a clue where to start with free weights :)

I'd love to hear what you are doing on machines. I don't have the get-up-and-go yet to attempt free weights, but I am super comfortable using the machines. Glad to hear of a real-world success using them.

@fitoverfortymom

I've not been doing them for long, since mid-December of last year. I do 2 x 12 reps on each machine:

Hip Adductor/Abductor (80/65lbs)
    Abdominal Crunch (55lbs)
    Diverging Lat Pulldown (50lbs)
    Triceps Press (60lbs)
    Leg Extension (25lbs)
    Arm Curl (22.5lbs)
    Converging Chest Press (25lbs)
    Lateral Pull (55lbs)
    Shoulder Press (10lbs)
    Leg Press (65lbs)
    Lateral Raise (20lbs)
    Pec Fly (20lbs)
    Seated Leg Curl (45lbs)

I've not been doing them for long, since mid-December of last year. I increase the weights whenever it seems "easy" to lift that particular weight; if it's a huge effort to move the weights towards the end of the sets then I carry on at that weight for a few more days. Once it eases, I move it up a bit.

I have no idea if what I'm doing is correct but it appears to be working for now, and I figure that something is better than nothing. I want to move into the free weights (once I can fit in a PT session) as one side is weaker than the other and my core is so weak that press-ups/planks are nothing short of laughable.

But I'll get there, given time :)

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!