LEAN BY LABOR DAY - NEW CHALLENGE - *size limited* (starts w

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    For Monday:

Sleep - 1
    Water - 1 (I drink TONS of water - I think I could've earned 2 points! lol)
    Food log - 1
    Exercise - 1

I was supposed to go do elliptical with a friend but she pooped out on me and it was way too hot to hit it outside, so I never got my second 20 minutes in. Plus it's water weight gain time for me, which is always frustrating, but I'm trying not to let it bother me, even though I'm up 2 pounds already. Just going to keep keepin' on!
  • 2girls4boys
    2girls4boys Posts: 72 Member
    Weight - 189

A little about me. I am 34 years old and a stay at home mom to 5 kids. My oldest is 9 1/2 and my youngest is almost 11 months. I never worried about weight growing up, but I also never paid attention to what I ate. I gained weight with each pregnancy and never lost any of it. Sadly, I still look pregnant :( I want to get lean and fit for my husband and kids. I want to be the mom running with them, not the one sitting on the side lines.

Mondays Points:
    Water - 1
    Food - 0
    Exercise - 2
    Sleep - 1
    Total - 4
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Everyone is off to a great start!

Here are my points for yesterday

Sleep 7 hr-1
    Exercise -4
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total for Monday = 7
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Yesterday (7/18) points

Sleep 7 hr-1
    Exercise -0
    Water-1
    Food-1

7/18 Total: 3

SW: 153.6

Yesterday was a rest day (folded wedding invites with my future SIL all evening) Today is one of my big workout days, lots of points for today :smile:
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Dang, I need to crank up on my exercise, you all rock!!!! Of course I was walk/jogging this morning and something was really hurting on the back side of my right knee, still is tender, hubby thinks I pulled a muscle. I think tomorrow I'll get the bike out and do some laps on that to help it heal a little...injuries are so discouraging, but I'm keeping my head up!
  • Buckeye_Jenn
    Buckeye_Jenn Posts: 48 Member
    Are you still taking people for this challenge? I really need some motivation and support. I fell off the wagon 3.5 weeks ago before a trip and I'm miserable! But I'm having trouble finding a way to stay motivated now that that trip (me past motivation) is behind me.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    I am a SAHM of 4 kids aged 7-16. My highest measured weight was 193. I stopped checking the scale as it continue to go up. I was never really unhappy. I was intelligent enough to realize I was unhealthy, but I wasn't unhappy enough to be motivated to do anything about it. I used the kids as an excuse not to exercise. March my world fell apart. My husband of 17 years said it was over. We had been having trouble, but I married for life, good or bad etc. Suddenly I questioned so many things that had just seemed normal. We had been having financial difficulty and I was looking for a part time job, but now I was suddenly faced with the idea of full time employment and full time single parenting. I know he didn't leave because of my weight, but I became so much more insecure about everything. I couldn't control my situation. I could control my diet and exercise. In 4 months I have dropped over 50 lbs. I feel so much better. I know when I get a job I will be able to work 8 hours a day. I set my goal at 145 lbs because I thought at first I couldn't be successful. I lowered it to 135. Now that I am nearing 135 I will lower it again. I failed at marriage and the life I made . I will not fail at my health and fitness.
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Hi Amy & everyone, my name is Diane & I think I am the oldest in the group at 51. Have been married to a wonderful man for 23 years. I joined mfp back in May & have lost about 23 lbs so far.

I was never overweight until I returned to work 11 years ago. I felt there was not enough time to remain healthy, what a concept.. not enough time for me to stay healthy. Anyway, now older,having health problems that doctors cannot diagnose(I hate taking medications)

I decided to take my life back & get healthy again. I am on a journey to find me, the healthy me. I have one son-grown age 22 who is a firefighter & a natural body builder (no drugs nor enhancements) He takes me along with him once or twice a week & I've recently joined the ymca. I am looking forward to getting Lean By Labor Day with you all. Thanks Amy.
  • meli_medina
    Dang, I need to crank up on my exercise, you all rock!!!! Of course I was walk/jogging this morning and something was really hurting on the back side of my right knee, still is tender, hubby thinks I pulled a muscle. I think tomorrow I'll get the bike out and do some laps on that to help it heal a little...injuries are so discouraging, but I'm keeping my head up!

Does it hurt when you rest? A pull will hurt all of the time. If it is only sore when you're using it, try a little ice, a glass of water, and a banana. Also, I read some research that says 2 ounces of pickle juice will help with recovery. Gross, I know, and I haven't tried it, but if you do and it works, let me know! lol
  • is it too late to participate?
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72

Does it hurt when you rest? A pull will hurt all of the time. If it is only sore when you're using it, try a little ice, a glass of water, and a banana. Also, I read some research that says 2 ounces of pickle juice will help with recovery. Gross, I know, and I haven't tried it, but if you do and it works, let me know! lol

only when I'm using it, fine when I'm sitting at work behind the desk, its strange! pickle juice, interesting:) yeah, its a sharp pain when I get up and walk around, go down stairs, its only on one side, the outside of the knee, going to rest it and just go for a bike ride in the morning and see how it goes!
  • Happy Tuesday everyone! My points for today are:

Sleep 1
    Water - 1
    Exercise - 3
    Food - 1

Total: 6
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Hey all I had a good day today but did not get my sleep points, which maybe one of my problems I never noticed before. I average about seven hours a nigh but often get only six to six and a half. I will never have problem with water or food points I only drink water and love tracking my calories. So today I racked up 5 points. Looking to expand my workout beyond an hour but it is difficult because there is so little free time in a day. I don't eat anything processed, store made or takeout/ restaurants so I feel like I spend Ll my free time cooking! Everyone is doing a great job and I hope to see us all succeed in this venture together. Just reading the posts let's me know I am not alone in my quest. Thanks everyone! P.s please forgive my typos as I do most of my posting from my iPAd and have not mastered the touch screen keyboard yet
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    hey all

TUESDAY POINTS

exercise 3

sleep 1

water(105oz) 1

log 1

total: 6
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Printed and read the post thread while on my way home from work and it looks like I'm a day behind in recording my points, so here are my points for Monday, July 18:

Monday Points:
    Sleep - 0 points (I only got about 6 hours of sleep)
    Water - 1 point
    Exercise - 2 points
    Food - 1 point

Tuesday Points:
    Sleep - 0 points
    Water - 1 point
    Exercise - 4 points
    Food - 1 point

I seem to be lacking on my sleep points! But I go to bed between 10 and 11 p.m, and I wake up at 5 a.m., sometimes 4:45 a.m. I've been doing this for quite some time, because I preferred working out in the morning (usually 30 minutes on my elliptical machine); afterwards, it's walking my dog, showering, getting dressed to be out of the house at 6:15! My workday starts at 7:30 and I take public transportation which takes about an hour of traveling time.

As I'm typing this, I realize that it sounds like a bunch of excuses, so my goal next week will be to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night! It'll be hard to break out of an old habit, but let's see how it goes!

Wish me luck!! :smile:
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Hey all I had a good day today but did not get my sleep points, which maybe one of my problems I never noticed before. I average about seven hours a nigh but often get only six to six and a half. I will never have problem with water or food points I only drink water and love tracking my calories. So today I racked up 5 points. Looking to expand my workout beyond an hour but it is difficult because there is so little free time in a day. I don't eat anything processed, store made or takeout/ restaurants so I feel like I spend Ll my free time cooking! Everyone is doing a great job and I hope to see us all succeed in this venture together. Just reading the posts let's me know I am not alone in my quest. Thanks everyone! P.s please forgive my typos as I do most of my posting from my iPAd and have not mastered the touch screen keyboard yet

Definitely not alone! I average about the same amount of sleep as you do, sometimes less! Also, I don't have any problems with my water intake. I usually drink 2 to 3 liters a day, but on some days, I take in much more. I don't track my calories, but once I know the amount of calories in a meal, I often stick with it for awhile, especially if I really like eating it. I'm working on eating clean. I haven't mastered it yet, but I've been eating more fruits and vegetables each day and steering away from processed foods. I read ingredients a lot and if it has more than five ingredients, especially ingredients that I cannot pronounce, it usually goes back on the shelf! :wink:
  • meli_medina
    Tuesday points:

Sleep: 1
    Exercise: 2 (50 total minutes)
    Log: 1
    Water: 1

Tuesday points: 5
    Total points: 9

I upped my water intake today to see if that would counteract my crazy cd16 weight gain that always happens. I seriously gain 5 pounds over the course of a few days because of hormones. It's SO frustrating!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Monday 6 points
    Tuesday water-1, exercise-3, logging-1, sleep-0, total -5
    It was so hot I wanted to quit bit I was 5 minutes shy of that extra exercise point so I pushed myself, seems I am a bit competitive!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Hi everyone! Sorry for the late post - it is usually my day home with kids, but I've been swamped at work so I had to go in. I did manage a 30 minute brisk walk at lunch, then while my oldest was at soccer practice I sent youngest to Grandma & Grandpa (middle guy was with Daddy at baseball) - so I had the whole hour to myself & despite the grotesque heat, power-walked my way around the 4 soccer fields at the school where he had practice.

So, my points for today:
    Logging food - 1
    Sleep - 1
    Exercise - 4.5
    Water - 1 (definately getting in more than usual!)
    So, 7.5 - big improvement from yesterday! Thanks to all of you & seeing how everyone is doing such a good job of getting workouts in.

As I read everyone's intro's, I am amazed at how much people have in common! I'll read something & it will instantly remind me of someone else's intro who described going through something similar :)

I am working my way through "friending" everyone. the website will only let you friend 5 people/10 minutes, so that slows things a bit.

QUESTION FOR WEDNESDAY: WHAT TYPES OF EXERCISE DO YOU DO? FAVORITE DVD'S, CLASSES, ACTIVITIES... WE MAY GET IDEAS OF NEW THINGS TO TRY OUT.

Hope you all have a fabulous day (or night's sleep if anyone else on the east coast is up)
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Today's points

sleep-1
    water-1
    exercise- 6.5
    diary-1

TOTAL 9.5

weight 263.0 -.08 pounds!!

Answer to daily question:

Favorite exercise....zumba for wii, water aerobics/lap swim, and bike riding
This discussion has been closed.