What is the daftest weight related thing someone has ever said to you?

Options

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I used to do a vinegar rinse back when I started dyeing my hair "unnatural" colours that wash out rapidly. Allegedly it set the colour better. Lies. At least for me.

I dyed my hair funky colors for about ten years. I gave up on vinegar helping after about 6 months. It didn't work for me either.

I used to recommend washing with cold water to keep those colours longer...have you tried that?
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I want to ask all the acv thread starters where they are getting their info from. Just curious

I saw an ad for it on facebook.

Was it Bragg's?

None of them seem to be sponsored by Bragg's, although most do show the Bragg's product in a pic.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I used to do a vinegar rinse back when I started dyeing my hair "unnatural" colours that wash out rapidly. Allegedly it set the colour better. Lies. At least for me.

I dyed my hair funky colors for about ten years. I gave up on vinegar helping after about 6 months. It didn't work for me either.

I used to recommend washing with cold water to keep those colours longer...have you tried that?

Yup. Also doesn't work. It's about the size of colour molecules and the porous nature of the bleached hair I apply the colour to. I'm a geek.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Yup. Also doesn't work. It's about the size of colour molecules and the porous nature of the bleached hair I apply the colour to. I'm a geek.

Not washing seems to work pretty well, but that brings its own problems.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options

It sounds unpleasant. I feel like you end up smelling like a chip shop.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »

Yep, the only thing that works (or adding colour to your conditioner, which does help). But my hair gets gross really fast. I just make my peace with the high maintenance!

Nah, rinses all away, doesn't smell.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »

Yep, the only thing that works (or adding colour to your conditioner, which does help). But my hair gets gross really fast. I just make my peace with the high maintenance!

Nah, rinses all away, doesn't smell.

Doing this! Thanks!
  • twinklepies
    twinklepies Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Woke up to the radio telling me if I blasted myself with cold, then hot, then ICE cold water, not only would it wake me up but it would boost weight loss. No further explanation.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My sister swears salt is the reason her husband is 450lbs. We have tried to explain it's the three (minimum) massive plates he eats at dinner and the entire box of hamburger helper or family size chef boyardee he eats after she goes to sleep. He eats enough to feed an overweight family of 5 everyday. She believes this so much she buys fake salt she will even empty the salt package from the store and refill it with fake salt. Fake salt taste like plastic!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Not directed at me, but women used to be barred from competing in the ski jump for fear that it would weaken the muscles holding their uterus in place and the uterus would 'wander.'

I actually had a family member tell me that she couldn't run because she had had a baby and if she ran her uterus would fall out. I just smiled and changed the subject.

In fairness, prolapse is a real thing. The solution is pelvic floor exercises, not avoiding all exercise.

It is also corrected surgically. You may need to avoid certain exercise and heavy lifting if you have a prolapse, but if you don't have one exercise is not going to cause it.
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    In all seriousness, I assume you have hair now? I do know a vinegar rinse is good for hair. A lot of people swear by it.
    I keep my hair really short (as in no-guard beard clippers) in the winter.
    I often use ACV on my scalp when I shower; it seems to help with dry skin, razor burn and the like.
    Some people might not like the exhilarating sensation it you get the vinegar in a cut...

I am not sure what good it might do for people with considerably more hair but I seem to notice a difference in my scalp if I don't use it.

I went to ACV because it was cheaper and more simple than all kinds of after-shave and skin conditioning concoctions that head-shaving guys usually end up trying.

Head gloss? Head polish? Head lube?
    People seeing it on the bathroom counter...
    You can't make this stuff up.

post hoc ergo propter hoc

I have considerably more hair (past my butt!) and use ACV once or twice a month. Love it to death! Makes my hair so soft and shiny! Also good if the ends of your hair are "crunchy" (especially when you have long hair, the ends don't get much natural oil from your scalp)

But the whole ACV for weight loss is laughable. I wish it were that simple!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I have considerably more hair (past my butt!) and use ACV once or twice a month. Love it to death! Makes my hair so soft and shiny! Also good if the ends of your hair are "crunchy" (especially when you have long hair, the ends don't get much natural oil from your scalp)

Serious question: Do you use raw unfiltered ACV for this, or does it not really matter? My hair could definitely use some extra softness and shine...
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Serious question: Do you use raw unfiltered ACV for this, or does it not really matter? My hair could definitely use some extra softness and shine...

I use distilled white vinegar duluted(1 cup water 1tbsp vinegar) and it makes my hair soft and my scarp doesn't get excessively oily anymore.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

I use distilled white vinegar duluted(1 cup water 1tbsp vinegar) and it makes my hair soft and my scarp doesn't get excessively oily anymore.

Thanks! Do you need to rinse it out after, or is it an "apply and towel dry" type of deal?